NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

so has anybody else had any crumpets this morning?

just me then! :P 

I had some crumpet on Sunday night!:D

So are the Strumpets at Glastonbury then? Why have I never seen them?! They are a regular haunt at Kendal Calling. Crumpets with halloumi!:wub:

32 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Go to the bottom of the Park, and walk towards the greenfields. You will find the Strumpets with Crumpets van :) delicious! They do crumpets with loads of stuff on!! 

awesome!! Not too far from worthy view so handy for me :) cheers big ears! 

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

So, Glastonbury, eh?

Are there any fans of Silver Hayes about? Apparently they're announcing today. Not really my thing, but I'm interested to see if they make any changes this year.

I walked through Silver Hayes a few times on my way back to the tent last year. Not a huge fan myself but I like to mosy on by on one of my wanders.

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

So, Glastonbury, eh?

Are there any fans of Silver Hayes about? Apparently they're announcing today. Not really my thing, but I'm interested to see if they make any changes this year.

Not sure its my thing these days but as im going to lose my Glasto virginity I want to make an effort to act like a proper tourist and visit each area even if its only for half an hour! 

I have a feeling I may end up looking for or visiting this "snake pit" place I have heard so much about from a friend most of the time :P 

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

So, Glastonbury, eh?

Good effort Gumby ;)

Not a fan of SH. For the most part the music isn't my thing down there; I do like spending some time in the Gully, but really didn't like it's new spot last year for some reason.

I dunno, always just feels odd down there to me. Maybe it's better later in the day?

51 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Calling @grumpyhack for his picture of his camping toaster

Image result for camping toaster

s-l300.jpg

Easily found just Google Camping Toaster.  They are brilliant, fold flat to the size of a dinner plate, hardly any weight and just sit on top of any gas burner. You can also put a fifth slice on top.

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

Not sure its my thing these days but as im going to lose my Glasto virginity I want to make an effort to act like a proper tourist and visit each area even if its only for half an hour! 

I have a feeling I may end up looking for or visiting this "snake pit" place I have heard so much about from a friend most of the time :P 

you can look for it, but as it hasn't been there for a couple of years now, you'll probably not find it!

58 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Just out of interest did anybody else off here miss out in the resale, I'm entering competitions and I need another registration number to add to the entry as I'm only after one ticket!

All help appreciated MilkyJoe. Should you hit lucky I'll pay by immediate bank transfer, which usually takes less than two hours to go through.

My details:  Peter Thomas.  Reg: 71693522  Postcode: CF83 8RQ.

Cheers,

Pete (Grumpyhack).

2 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

All help appreciated MilkyJoe. Should you hit lucky I'll pay by immediate bank transfer, which usually takes less than two hours to go through.

Cheers,

Pete (Grumpyhack).

Have put your details on the form Grumpy.

Off for a swim now

See y'all later

2 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Cheers,

Pete (Grumpyhack).

Thanks Pete, it looks like it's just the 2 of us off here that missed out so if anybody helping me is willing to add Grumpy's details to mine it would be appreciated. Obviously use my payment details.:)

I'll add his registration to any competitions I enter along with my own.

21 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Mr Hack , do you need to go onto my secret sale list as well along with milkyjoe ? Send me reg details and postcode(s) if you want to go in the list xxx 

Hi Funkyfairy that would be hugely appreciated.  If you are successful I'll pay by immediate bank transfer, which usually goes through in about two hours.

My details are:  Peter Thomas: Reg 71693522  Postcode CF83 8RQ

There are two others who would hope to come with me:

Andrew Langley:  Reg 2847092787  Postcode CF83 3BB

Mrs Paula Smith: Reg 47145083  Postcode CF83 3BB

Don't try for National Express tickets as I take a caravan - though I think I've already got the CV East ticket sorted.

49 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Great minds! 

We camp near the crumpets. They are sooo good. So is the food. HA! (sorry not sorry)

Speaking of where you camp - I didnt know where to ask this questiion so thought I'd go for it in here first.

How fast do each of the campsites fill up in general? We camped at the back end of Paines Ground in 2015 and I wasnt that thrilled with it if I'm honest.

There will be 8 of us on the 1am Wednesday coach out of London this year, so will be at the site by about 4ish. Firstly what will the queue situation be like at that point? and will we have a good pick of where to camp when gates open?

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

@MilkyJoe are you at Kendal this year?

I'm hoping to make it this year CurlyGirl as I had to miss last year due to work. I don't get tickets until the last minute though when I know I'm definitely going to be home. There's always loads of tickets for sale on the here and elsewhere.

It has turned into a great festival now even though it's not held in Kendal anymore. I remember the first one held over 2 days in a marquee in the local park. British Sea Power headlined.