NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

54 minutes ago, Quark said:

Happily pished. Had one of Mrs Q's friends with us tonight, just had a run through the tequila collection while introducing her to Skinny Lister, Bear's Den, War on Drugs and the Allergies. 

Haven't had a tequila night in yonks :P

images.jpg

Enjoy.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Record Store day one and all

I was in the queue this morning at my local pop up with a list of vinyl - just before 9 the fire alarm in the complex went off and no-one moved , and they didn't move until a team of firemen approached them :-) ... cue the record pop up owner frantically giving out raffle tickets so people knew where they were in the queue.

9.15 the fire alarm stops and a crowd goes towards the shop, there is a half hearted attempt to get people back into line, but no hope, doors open and a surge of middle aged men and teenagers dressed in black  went in looking for vinyl and little old fairy me :-)

On a positive note I got the only island copy of the Glastonbury live album , Prince sign of the times, a motorhead vinyl (for the OH) and Doors Live 1967 and Iggy Pop Live for a friend - not a bad haul. Failed on other counts :-( but you can't have it all

Happy Saturday everyone

Guys I need help!! @stuartbert two hats You're the expert... I've cleared my history on the lap top thingy thing that was new last year for t day. Now it won't go on tinternet!!! I've tried turning lap top off and on, tinternet off and on, troubleshooting etc and no joy!! Anyone got an iPhone so I can FaceTime and talk me through how to sort this? I'm pants at technology! I only have a laptop for glastonbury ticket buying. 

18 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Guys I need help!! @stuartbert two hats You're the expert... I've cleared my history on the lap top thingy thing that was new last year for t day. Now it won't go on tinternet!!! I've tried turning lap top off and on, tinternet off and on, troubleshooting etc and no joy!! Anyone got an iPhone so I can FaceTime and talk me through how to sort this? I'm pants at technology! I only have a laptop for glastonbury ticket buying. 

Are you trying to connect to the Internet with a cable or by a wireless network. If by a wireless network check to make sure you haven't accidental switched the adapter off. 

45 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Is your laptop WiFi on

Do you have the network still setup on your laptop, ie can you see the tinternet network that's showing on your phone also showing on your laptop

Does another internet browser work

58 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Try blowing on it. It'll get the dust out. 

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. Been very grateful for all the information you guys have supplied! It's my first glastonbury and compared to other festivals in every way it already seems to gazump them all! Any tips for first time glastonbury folk ? 

1 minute ago, Phil1234 said:

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. Been very grateful for all the information you guys have supplied! It's my first glastonbury and compared to other festivals in every way it already seems to gazump them all! Any tips for first time glastonbury folk ? 

Pack light, it's a long walk to the campsites! Apart from that on the Wednesday go up to the hill and watch the opening show and fireworks by stone circle, Thursday eve go for a wander (I'm always amazed at the music I discover Thursday evening) and just embrace everything it has to offer!!! You'll never see it all, but that's what makes if so special you'll want to go back every year! 

8 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Pack light, it's a long walk to the campsites! Apart from that on the Wednesday go up to the hill and watch the opening show and fireworks by stone circle, Thursday eve go for a wander (I'm always amazed at the music I discover Thursday evening) and just embrace everything it has to offer!!! You'll never see it all, but that's what makes if so special you'll want to go back every year! 

Yeah these are all things I want to do! Is there much of an advantage getting there first thing Wednesday morning for the best spots or is that just if the weather resembles a platoon scene? 

1 minute ago, Phil1234 said:

Yeah these are all things I want to do! Is there much of an advantage getting there first thing Wednesday morning for the best spots or is that just if the weather resembles a platoon scene? 

Really depends where you want to camp and how big the group is. I like getting there early but that's because I'm just so excited to be there I can't wait ha!!!

19 minutes ago, Phil1234 said:

The weather will be hot and sunny, there is no doubt, the weather gods are our friends. :)