NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

20 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

oh it's definitely the right move.  the work needs to be done for this place to open, so it's a necessary inconvenience.  we've been sitting here since xmas while survey after survey has been done to determine what works, what doesn't and what needs to be fixed while we potter around the edges contributing where we can, which isn't much in the grand scheme.

it's all happening at last and should be done by the end of July.  though having been involved in this kind of thing previously, that deadline almost certainly won't be met.

Have you tried getting in touch with Kevin for another Revisited episode?  I don't know that they've ever done two, but I can't remember seeing an episode that ended with the house so unfinished before.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you tried getting in touch with Kevin for another Revisited episode?  I don't know that they've ever done two, but I can't remember seeing an episode that ended with the house so unfinished before.

Revisit revisited. Catchy. :P

38 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A large part of that show was the previous owner and his travails. He's gone now. 

Plus, I'd hate it!

18 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

that's the one.  my mum was an investor in it, and had to step in and buy it when the owner was about to be repossesed by the banks and she risked losing that investment.  despite appearances on tv, it was never finished and has a long list of things that need sorting.

you're right too on the location - it's amazing.  the building - outside at least -  has the wow factor.  people regularly stop by to take photos.  there's been two lots today.  i sometimes take a photo of them taking a photo and usually wave to them.  i've lived before in a building that attracts attention (Chips in New Islington, Manchester) but that was a block of flats.  here it's just us.

I love the Chips building! Once you're up and running, we will likely upgrade from our usual camping!

Very pleased with Skinny Lister added to the line-up :D 

@Bisque backpacking / travelling sounds cool, I think it's a regret of mine but never mind, who knows what would've happened? Maybe if I stop going to the US over and over seeing different states, I might have fitted in more countries.

Happy Friday all!

34 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub it in. I'm back packing on a budget, not Eat Pray Love.

plus Chelsea are only 4 points clear since I left

I have everything crossed for Tottenham to win. 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I'm just poor end ov...... 

giphy.gif

I'm off back packing later this year, June time. Carrying all my (alcohol) supplies, and walking miles each day, well, about 10.

I don't know the chips building, but it makes me hungry, any pics?

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

I'm off back packing later this year, June time. Carrying all my (alcohol) supplies, and walking miles each day, well, about 10.

I don't know the chips building, but it makes me hungry, any pics?

It's, apparently, supposed to resemble three fat chips stacked on their side.

Chips+Building,+New+Islington,+Manchester.jpg

154504823.jpg

Edited by fatyeti24

Oh I too have missed an announcement!! Love skinny lister. I'll go have a look in a mo! 

Yeti was your mum the investor in the actual tv programme? I remember a Good Samaritan standing in to save the day. 

After yesterday's failings in the coach sales, I'm really worried about Sunday! I think there must be less in the pot with fallow next year and the good line up so far. Even tho I have tickets, I still have a nervous belly for my mates. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh I too have missed an announcement!! Love skinny lister. I'll go have a look in a mo! 

Yeti was your mum the investor in the actual tv programme? I remember a Good Samaritan standing in to save the day. 

After yesterday's failings in the coach sales, I'm really worried about Sunday! I think there must be less in the pot with fallow next year and the good line up so far. Even tho I have tickets, I still have a nervous belly for my mates. 

She was

8 hours ago, Bisque said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rub it in. I'm back packing on a budget, not Eat Pray Love.

plus Chelsea are only 4 points clear since I left

A bit of Eddie vedder. I like it 

Great news on Skinny Lister being added!:) not having had much chance to get on here over the last couple of weeks, there seems to be another great announcement every time I log on.

I'm not sure if I like that chips building or not, I really can't make my mind up.:huh:

Happily pished. Had one of Mrs Q's friends with us tonight, just had a run through the tequila collection while introducing her to Skinny Lister, Bear's Den, War on Drugs and the Allergies. 

Haven't had a tequila night in yonks :P

images.jpg