NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all :)

Nothing quite like mopping up someone else's piss off the floor to start the day off on a good note! Today I will mostly be listening to the Levellers back catalogue, in anticipation of seeing them in August :)

sorry about that.

we've got the builders in here (not a euphemism).  three and a half months(!) of extensive renovations are underway..

it'll be nice when it's finished.

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Definitely the weather for Levs Gumby. BDs is on my bucket list, really should get round to it one day.

How's the place going overall Yeti? Sounds like a lot of work, but hopefully you're still happy it's the right move?

oh it's definitely the right move.  the work needs to be done for this place to open, so it's a necessary inconvenience.  we've been sitting here since xmas while survey after survey has been done to determine what works, what doesn't and what needs to be fixed while we potter around the edges contributing where we can, which isn't much in the grand scheme.

it's all happening at last and should be done by the end of July.  though having been involved in this kind of thing previously, that deadline almost certainly won't be met.

28 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Hellllllooooo <waves>

Very Manchester here too @lucyginger , it can stay if it means we pick up a ticket tonight for the Icelandic contingent, as long as it's gone by June!

@Curlygirl I can't send you a msg with details for coach ticket  as for the life of me I can't find where or how to send a msg on here....i know I'm being ridiculously blonde but point me in the right direction. 

Good luck to all with coach sales this eve...i may be free sun morn to help others will let you know Saturday. 

Feel as nervous as if it was October again eeeeekkk 

Click on the @Curlygirl in either this post or your own and it will take you to her profile. The option to message is there. :)

Hello all, hello splodge! Getting our finbarrs in a bit early aren't we, it's not Friday yet... SO does anyone need any help in the resale tonight? I can stay in work to assist if needed but will be heading home if not. Am able to help Sunday too. Been off work with a bad back this week, with moving house earlier this year have not been going to the gym or doing my pilates so only myself to blame but need to get fit for the festival - eating my own body weight in chocolate over easter didn't help. TTFN x

@fatyeti24 - this house of yours was on Grand Designs, it might have been covered before but my memory is pretty rubbish. The eco-friendly house? What happened to it, was it just on the market / abandoned for a while? For what it's worth, the house looked stunning and is in a super location - you shouldn't have any issues getting people through the door to stay there :) sorry for being nosy, looks like a stunning house and I'm sure all will be well for you both when it's all sorted!

Just now, naughtygeorgie said:

Thanks lovely, I've got tickets...it's for our Icelandic contingent, think he has many hands on keyboards around the UK and iceland hopefully we have enough hands on deck...I'll let you know I've it doesn't work out so we can have more hands Sunday 

OK, hope he's lucky. :)

1 hour ago, sheffieldlady said:

@fatyeti24 - this house of yours was on Grand Designs, it might have been covered before but my memory is pretty rubbish. The eco-friendly house? What happened to it, was it just on the market / abandoned for a while? For what it's worth, the house looked stunning and is in a super location - you shouldn't have any issues getting people through the door to stay there :) sorry for being nosy, looks like a stunning house and I'm sure all will be well for you both when it's all sorted!

that's the one.  my mum was an investor in it, and had to step in and buy it when the owner was about to be repossesed by the banks and she risked losing that investment.  despite appearances on tv, it was never finished and has a long list of things that need sorting.

you're right too on the location - it's amazing.  the building - outside at least -  has the wow factor.  people regularly stop by to take photos.  there's been two lots today.  i sometimes take a photo of them taking a photo and usually wave to them.  i've lived before in a building that attracts attention (Chips in New Islington, Manchester) but that was a block of flats.  here it's just us.

OK so it's a bit late but I have to try. 

Tomorrow is record store day.. Now I've checked all the shops near me and none of them are going to have what I want. 

Pearl jam.. State of love and trust.. 

If any of you are doing the record store day thing if you see this record could you please please pick one up for me.. 

Many thanks in advance. Guy

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Tomorrow is record store day.. Now I've checked all the shops near me and none of them are going to have what I want. 

If any of you are doing the record store day thing if you see this record could you please please pick one up for me.. 

I'm going to record store day guy, I have a list of vinyl I ( or a friend who is away want ) so I'll have a look. Do you want me to phone you if they have one incase there are 10 us all grabbing a copy for you. PM me you numbers if you wan a call.... I'll be in the shop at 9am when it opens,. The local Independant record store which is tiny has a pop up shop with the second hand sellers - tres exciting :1) 

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

And it's tomorrow Guy not today, so loads of notice :-)