NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Hope you're on the mend Guy old son.  

I'm assuming FD were on good form then Lucy?  Made the right call on Friday night, aside from feeling like crap I was on a proper downer.  So I just comfort ate pizza, garlic bread and cookies, watched gardeners world and went to bed early!

3 months this week people, woop!!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hope you're on the mend Guy old son.  

I'm assuming FD were on good form then Lucy?  Made the right call on Friday night, aside from feeling like crap I was on a proper downer.  So I just comfort ate pizza, garlic bread and cookies, watched gardeners world and went to bed early!

3 months this week people, woop!!

FD were on fine form! It was a small venue too, so we were about 10 foot away from the stage. Good crowd too, which is always a bonus :) 
Comfort food and Gardeners World sounds lovely! Hope you're feeling better today xx#

3 months? WOO! 

28 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Surprised there's a few regulars don't know this. It's not something that happened recently. He fell off a cliff years ago and broke his back (no doubt drunk showing off :P). Sure he'll give you more details on his actual injuries, I can't remember them exact but it all sounded horrifically painful.

The recent op is a separate thing. 

Oh phew - I didn;t know, I thought he looked well in the pictures considering there were cliffs/RNLi etc, but the two weren;t linked - a classic case of 2+2=5 !

In any case hope the op went well Guy

talking of gardener's world, I watched a lovely bit of escape to the country on Sunday, and they were buying in Somerset!

Which made me reeeaaallly want to live there. Need a job I can do from home/anywhere that pays loads of money.

Any ideas??

On 3/15/2017 at 11:54 AM, Quark said:

I raised this with @stuartbert two hats when he got his t-shirt printed.  The only hope / requirement is that they release album(s) worse than PH so its position is secured for evermore.

*whispers* I like Pablo Honey...

Nah, it's embracing the fact that all things in this world are fleeting and it's a celebration of the fact that right now, in 2017, Pablo Honey is number nine.  It makes the times wearing the shirt when it's true all the more special because when they're gone, they're gone.  We try too hard to freeze moments in time with all our technology, despite all the iPlayer videos and iPhone photos, Glastonbury 2017 will only happen once, over five days.  Then it's done.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain, innit? Or some sort of shit like that.

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh phew - I didn;t know, I thought he looked well in the pictures considering there were cliffs/RNLi etc, but the two weren;t linked - a classic case of 2+2=5 !

Ah bless Cheers FF 

I fell 50 odd foot off a cliff breaking my back in two places and I've been having trouble with all parts of body since... I must of done more damage all over than I ever thought possible. Anyway I've just had 5mm of bone taken off my shoulder.. That's so far this year.. Last year I had 40 injections in my Facit joints and I'm going to have to have more soon plus they have yet to do the other bloody shoulder.. 

The reason for the bands coming off was cos they had to paint my arm.. I don't know why lol. 

Can I just say thanks for the support one and all.. G

PS that's a pic of where I fell.. Round the corner of where the bloke is stood you can see people having a picnic at bottom. Lol.... Oppps 

1,Ideal-fishing-Spot,pw-110702-3240.jpg

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The oldest profession?

I'm looking for something that's much less effort than that. I forgot to mention how lazy I am.

I'd ideally like it, if somehow my job could be dogs. Just dogs. But with loads of money.

So yeah, if you could just make that happen for me, that'd be great Scruff :)

6 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hey, @Quark, have you seen the news ruling Diana Ross out? I know you were really hoping for her, sorry dude.

Ah fuggit. A lesson not to get your hopes up for a particular act I guess. That would have been my perfect legend slot as well. I know he's a legend and all, but Gibb just doesn't grab me in the same way. Bollix :(

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I also though he'd done something serious recently FF, knew about the cliff fall but thought I'd missed something. scrolled back a few pages looking!

GWS Guy.

Scorchio!

Unlike this morning.  I had to wear my embarrassing Step-Dad Russian hat this morning it was that cold and snowy.

Old son, song for you and your shoulders today.

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Morning all :)

Yesterday was not a good day.

Today is going to be better.

You say that Gumby.  Locked myself out of my house this morning :lol:

On the plus side it was sunny, so I got to sit on the front step with my flask of tea and figure out what the hell I was going to do!

37 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the plus side it was sunny, so I got to sit on the front step with my flask of tea and figure out what the hell I was going to do!

How long were you sat there? Did you sit longer, because it is sunny? 

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Hopefully you're sorted now?  Wouldn't this topic of 'Practicing queuing up to wait a long time for someone else to open the doors' be more appropriate in the 'What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 2017' thread though?

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Ah bless Cheers FF 

I fell 50 odd foot off a cliff breaking my back in two places and I've been having trouble with all parts of body since... I must of done more damage all over than I ever thought possible. Anyway I've just had 5mm of bone taken off my shoulder.. That's so far this year.. Last year I had 40 injections in my Facit joints and I'm going to have to have more soon plus they have yet to do the other bloody shoulder.. 

The reason for the bands coming off was cos they had to paint my arm.. I don't know why lol. 

Can I just say thanks for the support one and all.. G

PS that's a pic of where I fell.. Round the corner of where the bloke is stood you can see people having a picnic at bottom. Lol.... Oppps 

1,Ideal-fishing-Spot,pw-110702-3240.jpg

Nnooooo what on earth .... OK guy you are one lucky man considering the height of that fall, although sounds like you're still dealing all he time with the cosequences. How long ago did this happen?

Get well soon guy Old Son - although looks like you are coping admirably with the morphine.

Went to see Elbow on Sunday night in Manchester - I know they are not everyone's cup of tea but they were really good, toned down the strings on this tour which is a good thing - and I am a bit in love with Guy Garvey. Boo to no Diana Ross but hurray to Nile Rogers - that Friday night at West Holts was one of my best nights at Glastonbury.

@Curlygirl now we have moved to Cheshire and become all posh we have a nearby Waitrose - what do you reckon to Hestons Cherry bakewell? I saw it at the weekend and was tempted to buy some - although at £22 a bottle it is cheaper to make your own! Sunny Manchester today 9and you don't hear that very often x

Hi guys, @noplacelikehome I haven't tried Hestons vodka but I'm pretty sure he owes me a bolt load of readies for stealing my idea!!

@naughtygeorgie I met Sloseph on the coach but I didn't know he was an efester until he mentioned 'a girl handing out cherry bakewell' on the coach and S2H tagged me In it. I recently spoke to him about the coach times from Lincoln and he told me wasn't going, I'm pleased he changed his mind. With any luck he'll get a coach ticket again and he can share the cherry bakewell! What a small world eh? 

And hell people, how do we know Diana Ross isn't gonna be there? And do we know Barry Gibb is?? How on Earth have a missed this news?! 

@guypjfreak hope you're recovering nicely old son, and @mr gumby, is your day improving? How's Gumby Jr doing?