NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Hi all, finally got a little time to catch up on this thread, hope everyone's ok, and sorry to hear about your buddy @Quark

I was off to London this weekend, super weekend planned , ski boot fitting this afternoon, V&A for the Glastonbury exhibition and then a gin festival tonight. Tomorrow got a fiends post wedding celebration - cocktail making and afternoon tea ..... But , the bloody fog has come down in Jersey and my fight was cancelled at 10:30 this morning , legged it to the ferry terminal and presently sat on a ferry to Poole that gets in at 6pm, then train to London. Will miss ski boot fitting, the V&A and the gin festival but will make the day tomorrow. 

Trying to rebook  ski boot fitting for Sunday and may just maybe fit in the V&A as well

so a forced few hours with on board wifi :-) I shall catch up on the gossip and forums - the only time I get the boat to the UK is for Glastonbury so it feels really strange ! 

FF 

xx

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Morning all, who says it's all nice weather in the Middle East? It's pissed it down here every day for the last week!

sorry to hear your bad news @Quark definitely raise a glass tonight!. Great news on your youngest @dizzymoo, hopefully things will continue to improve for him and lovely that his teacher is going to continue being a mentor. Ooh and congratulations on being paid for your counselling. It must be a hugely rewarding experience to do it voluntarily for 12 years.@Bisque should I be lucky enough to get a ticket in April I will settle for a repeat of 2010 every day. That weather was amazing. Not so much for my red headed other half mind...@Yoghurt on a Stick Being a keen golfer I'm not sure how I feel about you cutting up golf clubs although many a time I've wanted to cut mine up! I once went to see the club pro for a lesson to help me improve and after watching me take a few shots he advised me to have 3 inches cut off the end of all my clubs. "Will that make me play better?" I asked. He replied, "no but they'll fit in the bin!"

Thanks MJ.  I do have some paid counselling work, but it's through employee welfare programmes and is frustrating as people may only be allocated 4 sessions.  My voluntary work is at a hospice which is much more rewarding (though there can be nothing more time-limited than counselling in that setting).  Hope you're lucky in the resale;  I'm available to help if needed.

@Quark so sorry about your friend;  sending warm hugs to you. @lucyginger hope you got your stroppy customer sorted, and @Funkyfairy! enjoy your somewhat curtailed weekend in that there London.

Planning a  relatively lazy weekend before I have to resume daily treks to Outreach school on Monday.

19 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Thanks MJ.  I do have some paid counselling work, but it's through employee welfare programmes and is frustrating as people may only be allocated 4 sessions.  My voluntary work is at a hospice which is much more rewarding (though there can be nothing more time-limited than counselling in that setting).  Hope you're lucky in the resale;  I'm available to help if needed.

@Quark so sorry about your friend;  sending warm hugs to you. @lucyginger hope you got your stroppy customer sorted, and @Funkyfairy! enjoy your somewhat curtailed weekend in that there London.

Planning a  relatively lazy weekend before I have to resume daily treks to Outreach school on Monday.

Thanks Dizzy, it's appreciated and no doubt I will be putting a cry for help on here nearer the time.:) I think @Yoghurt on a Stick needs tickets too and I'm not sure who else? at the moment I'm quietly confident that I'll make it. I plan on recruiting a small army to boost my chances. I was lucky enough to get one through a very helpful efester last year in the resale so hoping that for a continuation of that luck...

@Funkyfairy! by my reckoning you should have arrived in the smoke by now. Enjoy your revised timetable. Hope you make it to the V&A.

Quite clearly both Yog and Shaun will get tickets. There will be a minimal amount of precipitation on the farm during the build up just to keep the dust down, with nothing but wall to wall sunshine thereafter. And much gin, mead and cherry bakewell will be consumed and the NFR meet will live large in the annals of history as being feckin awesome.

Here endeth the lesson.

Might have had a beer. Would sell my kidney for a smoke about now.

Good morning everyone! Hope we are all well? Mr Ginger has also gone to That There London for a couple of days so I am doing some sorting out and then I plan to do lots of high quality sitting down! I'm also being very naughty and smoking indoors! Very naughty! He gave up a few years ago so I usually go outside, but armed with febreeze and open windows tomorrow, I am seeing today as an "indoor smoking" day :) Woo! Happy Saturday, lovely friends xxx

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Quite clearly both Yog and Shaun will get tickets. There will be a minimal amount of precipitation on the farm during the build up just to keep the dust down, with nothing but wall to wall sunshine thereafter. And much gin, mead and cherry bakewell will be consumed and the NFR meet will live large in the annals of history as being feckin awesome.

Here endeth the lesson.

Might have had a beer. Would sell my kidney for a smoke about now.

Quark....... be very very careful what you say. If there is any R of any sort I will blame you :) 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I disagree!! Surely a minimal amount pre-fest is acceptable if it secures good weather throughout? Y'all need to be thinking big picture :P

Now then Quark, I upvoted your earlier post just because it created a beautiful image in my mind... however... last years awful awful m*d was caused by pre fest pr*********on!! The gods see your acceptance of minimal amount, and chuck it at you full force. So, NFC!! 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I disagree!! Surely a minimal amount pre-fest is acceptable if it secures good weather throughout? Y'all need to be thinking big picture :P

You can disagree all you like Quark, it still makes you wrong in so many ways! A bit of cloud pre-fest to keep the dust down by all means but come Wednesday morning we'll have nothing but sunshine in the upper 20's if you don't mind!

On 16/02/2017 at 11:47 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I  was meant to post this;

Nice old son but......... 

The bloody van is back at the yard lol.. It broke down just as I was about to get on the ferry.... BUT to everyone's amazement I kept calm not even shouting at the van... And that is something let me tell you.. Anyway should be good to go in a week or so... 

Six months CBT must of helped somewhat what. 

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nice old son but......... 

The bloody van is back at the yard lol.. It broke down just as I was about to get on the ferry.... BUT to everyone's amazement I kept calm not even shouting at the van... And that is something let me tell you.. Anyway should be good to go in a week or so... 

Six months CBT must of helped somewhat what. 

You should have given it a damn good thrashing Guy!

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

You can disagree all you like Quark, it still makes you wrong in so many ways! A bit of cloud pre-fest to keep the dust down by all means but come Wednesday morning we'll have nothing but sunshine in the upper 20's if you don't mind!

Well clearly that's the case! From at least the weekend onwards I'm talking banging weather and nothing but sun! But hey, I shall keep my forward thinking to myself!

In other news, minutes silence before the game today was fuckin' emotional :(

Well done on keeping your temper with the van Guy old son :lol:

43 minutes ago, Quark said:

Well clearly that's the case! From at least the weekend onwards I'm talking banging weather and nothing but sun! But hey, I shall keep my forward thinking to myself!

In other news, minutes silence before the game today was fuckin' emotional :(

Well done on keeping your temper with the van Guy old son :lol:

Ahh I hope many beers were drunk after the game in remembrance Quark.:(

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

As someone who loves the sun but had to spend much of the Saturday in 2010 in the shade by the circus tent trying not to succumb to sunstroke can I make a plea for a third way?  How about mid 20's with some sprinklers set up to cool us off and keep the dust down?

Big hug @Quark as you remember your friend.

Hi @Curlygirl you're welcome (I think - wincing at memory).  How's it going?

46 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

As someone who loves the sun but had to spend much of the Saturday in 2010 in the shade by the circus tent trying not to succumb to sunstroke can I make a plea for a third way?  How about mid 20's with some sprinklers set up to cool us off and keep the dust down?

Big hug @Quark as you remember your friend.

Hi @Curlygirl you're welcome (I think - wincing at memory).  How's it going?

I read that wrong first and thought you were asking for precipitation at the festival! I was about to be cross then I re read it, phew! Although I'm not sure if sprinklers would be tempting fate. I liked the stewards with watering cans in 2010, most amusing to watch the paths being watered! 

I loved 2010, and I'm a ginger that burns in moonlight. Torchlight can be hazardous too. I had a great festival, the weather was perfect! I got through a whole bottle of factor 50, drank loads of water, wore lose cotton tops to cover my skin (with suncream on too) and I survived! There were a few moments when I thought I was going to burst into flames, but I managed to avoid that by being careful and looking after myself. I still drank etc, but kept hydrated too. The bit I didn't like, was the freezing cold nights. On my 2 proper nights of sleep, I woke up shivering so much I thought I might fall apart! Have been better prepared since then! 

Crumbs that's a bit of an essay, sorry! Hope you're still awake! I may be awake for ages. Accidentally got a bit of festival,practice in tonight. Been trying to roll a cig for an hour and keep getting distracted. Quite surprised I've managed to type this post as I am really quite twatted. Oops. 

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I read that wrong first and thought you were asking for precipitation at the festival! I was about to be cross then I re read it, phew! Although I'm not sure if sprinklers would be tempting fate. I liked the stewards with watering cans in 2010, most amusing to watch the paths being watered! 

I loved 2010, and I'm a ginger that burns in moonlight. Torchlight can be hazardous too. I had a great festival, the weather was perfect! I got through a whole bottle of factor 50, drank loads of water, wore lose cotton tops to cover my skin (with suncream on too) and I survived! There were a few moments when I thought I was going to burst into flames, but I managed to avoid that by being careful and looking after myself. I still drank etc, but kept hydrated too. The bit I didn't like, was the freezing cold nights. On my 2 proper nights of sleep, I woke up shivering so much I thought I might fall apart! Have been better prepared since then! 

Crumbs that's a bit of an essay, sorry! Hope you're still awake! I may be awake for ages. Accidentally got a bit of festival,practice in tonight. Been trying to roll a cig for an hour and keep getting distracted. Quite surprised I've managed to type this post as I am really quite twatted. Oops. 

Aww look after yourself Lucy!  Apart from vast quantities of alcohol, the odd experiment with magic mushrooms which we found growing on campus at uni,  and some cookies ('they don't seem to be working, better have another') which led to a game of Monopoly that lasted 2 days,  I've never been much use with mind-altering substances.  My mind is wonky enough already. :)

10 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Aww look after yourself Lucy!  Apart from vast quantities of alcohol, the odd experiment with magic mushrooms which we found growing on campus at uni,  and some cookies ('they don't seem to be working, better have another') which led to a game of Monopoly that lasted 2 days,  I've never been much use with mind-altering substances.  My mind is wonky enough already. :)

Thank you, I will! I'm ok, we had lunch before starting. Did have quite a large gin while cooking though! I can safely say that the ongoing experiments (they started many years ago, I'm quite well practiced!) continue to give similar results each time. Which is nice! I'm not a fan of hallucinogens though, I leave those experiments to Mr Ginger, he's much better at that. Oh I know what you mean about the cookies, they are fun but only if you don't have to do anything apart from maybe play monopoly! 

Wonky minds are good as long as you are aware of the wonk, as it were! They are also fun to compare with other wonky people :) maybe I should have done philosophy. Or maybe I shouldn't be allowed the Internet when self inflicted wonkiness is going on! Haha! I should go to bed. Still haven't rolled my cig yet Though! 

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apologies, I haven't caught up on the thread. I had a major wobble yesterday, and have only just kind of scrambled out of it. Hope that everybody is having a ball. Might just change my outlook and have one of them myself now. In fact, bollocks to it, I'm going to tonight's ball. 

You alright Yog? Changing your outlook is good, but make sure you're alright xxx