NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do, despite the consequences. This may, and in all likelyhood will, affect my other sales on ebay, but this idea just fell out of my head and I was, almost morally, compelled to run with it;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/172396641545?

Oh man, you need to get some sleep Yog!  Although I did just have to explain, vaguely, to someone at work why I just pissed myself laughing.

Glad to hear some of the cash flow plans are improving, especially after the break in crap you had. With you on Tame Impala as well, one that's completely passed me by.  One thing I've found with new music is that I can't really get on with it at work.  I generally run through a limited number of playlists, otherwise I end up with decision fatigue and fry what's left of my brain :)

Just now, Quark said:

Oh man, you need to get some sleep Yog!  Although I did just have to explain, vaguely, to someone at work why I just pissed myself laughing.

Well, it seemed to me to be a good idea at the time. It's fairly low key really, compared to the email I've just sent to the Saatchi Gallery.

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I would stop immediately and then start looking up decorators on the Internet.

This.

My brother was wallpapering his lounge when I called round once, but then he stopped for a beer.  I never seen so many bubbles trapped, as in that last roll he hang.

Morning all. Grey day in Leeds. I know I need to build up credit for June, but it's too dreary to stay like this till Spring.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do, despite the consequences. This may, and in all likelyhood will, affect my other sales on ebay, but this idea just fell out of my head and I was, almost morally, compelled to run with it;

It will be interesting to see whether eBay invoke their ban on selling people!

Do get some sleep though Yog

Morning all,

Quite nice here today, but flippin chilly.

Off to London this afternoon, and Marrakech tomorrow for a week, and having a weekend in London on the way home. All holiday come at once this year, hardly had any all year and then having 3.5 weeks off in 6 (oops) - thats it now for leave  until next March.

Weather doesn't look great in Morocco, so could be taking one for the team and getting rather damp - still plenty of mint tea to drink, tagines to eat and palaces to visit :-)

FF

x

Just now, dizzymoo said:

It will be interesting to see whether eBay invoke their ban on selling people!

Do get some sleep though Yog

I didn't know that ebay had such a ban.

You are right in that I do need to get some sleep. I'll probably crash later this afternoon. Then I've got to pull my finger out and start working like a trojan tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all,

Quite nice here today, but flippin chilly.

Off to London this afternoon, and Marrakech tomorrow for a week, and having a weekend in London on the way home. All holiday come at once this year, hardly had any all year and then having 3.5 weeks off in 6 (oops) - thats it now for leave  until next March.

Weather doesn't look great in Morocco, so could be taking one for the team and getting rather damp - still plenty of mint tea to drink, tagines to eat and palaces to visit :-)

FF

x

ooh I'd like to go to Morocco! Have you been before? It sounds amazing!! 

It's chilly here too today. Very brrr. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Reminds me of a joke of my dads about a dad giving a Christmas present of an empty box to his son and telling him it was an Action Man Deserter... what fun we had in the 70's :lol:

57 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

ooh I'd like to go to Morocco! Have you been before? It sounds amazing!! 

It's chilly here too today. Very brrr. 

yes went a few years ago - loved it and always promised to take Mum back. So instead of staying, like last time in a Riad within the Medina (where its busy) we are staying at a nice hotel just outside, so we can walk in when we want but still go back to somewhere Mum will feel comfortable with

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yes went a few years ago - loved it and always promised to take Mum back. So instead of staying, like last time in a Riad within the Medina (where its busy) we are staying at a nice hotel just outside, so we can walk in when we want but still go back to somewhere Mum will feel comfortable with

That sounds good. It is on my list, but I don't know when I'll get to go if I keep buying festival tickets!!! 

Jaysis lads it's fecking roasting in new York and I'm dying with the mother of all hangovers after animal collective last night. We walked for miles and miles yesterday while stopping at various bars to quench our thirst. Last full day and hitting moma. 

Loved marrakech FF. Would love to do jardin marionjelle again.  Hope that's the right spelling with my befuddled brain. 

Apparently there is wet stuff forecast today. Its cloudy and hot. I did take one for the team at the top of the empire state building but views were still terrific. 

Hugs and warm handshakes. 

7 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Morning! 

Yog- love LOVE the ebay listing!! 

I'm afraid to say that on the advice of my wife (and in the clear light of day) I have taken the listing down. It did seem to me to be an excellent idea last night when I'd had a few. I mean, how would they prove that The Invisible Man isn't my gimp and that I'm selling him because he wants to be sold? Still, I have to be sensible because I don't want it to interfere with my proper listings. Sensible sucks!

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm afraid to say that on the advice of my wife (and in the clear light of day) I have taken the listing down. It did seem to me to be an excellent idea last night when I'd had a few. I mean, how would they prove that The Invisible Man isn't my gimp and that I'm selling him because he wants to be sold? Still, I have to be sensible because I don't want it to interfere with my proper listings. Sensible sucks!

How much for cash in hand?

25 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You can have him for nothing as long as you promise me that he is going to a good home.

Just don't ask what Carlos wants him for :blink:

Reminds me of something in the window of a local beer shop (definitely not an off licence - this place is an ale shop!) a while back. Had an empty guitar stand in the window with a price tag of £5,000, labelled as "The World's Finest Air Guitar" :lol:

I went to see Christine and the Queens at Brixton Academy last night. She is extrodinary. So talented and put on a great show. But I was near the back. Could see ok but so many people chatting it really impacted on enjoyment especially in quieter songs. I know this has come up about Glastonbury but why would people buy tickets for a specific artist and then spend the time talking. Two girls behind us were talking all the time. I would have moved but it was jam packed so not really anywhere to move to without pushing in. Anyway rant over. Hope she plays at Glastonbury again

Morning! 

Aww, shame you took it down Yog (FINBARR!!!) but I can see why! 

Quark, love the air guitar thing too :) 

Ooh Gumby, a new phone! Good luck! 

Spacey, it is annoying when that happens. I do love Brixton academy though, a really good venue i think. Mind you, I've only ever seen Carter USM there!! 

Hoorah for Friday! I believe it is takeaway dinner day in the ginger household, after a bit of decorating. Boo. I may have a few gins too. After the painting. Hmm. 

54 minutes ago, Spacey said:

Off to V&A now. Will check out Glastonbury exhibition 

Oooh. That sounds interesting. What did you think of it ?  Is it worth seeing ?

It is r***ing here now so I get a day off painting outside things.  Planning a nice, lazy day.  Saw a heron earlier in a field, majestic bird, so the day started well :)

A few gins sound good @lucyginger I may have one too !