NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried popping down to the farm earlier to take pictures of the new art installation, sadly couldn't get near due to it being fenced off, there is also a lot of work going on in the woods and backstage guessing the backstage work is drainage by the looks of it.  Will go down again tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully have more luck.  

10 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tried popping down to the farm earlier to take pictures of the new art installation, sadly couldn't get near due to it being fenced off, there is also a lot of work going on in the woods and backstage guessing the backstage work is drainage by the looks of it.  Will go down again tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully have more luck.  

Thanks for trying Splodge. You're a trooper. 

Are you making cider? 

Evening all. Thanx for the responses on Mrs Browns Boys. The tickets are not for me. Well... technically one of them is as i will be going with her, but i've bought them for a friend who loves them for her birthday. No one else will take her so we,ll be going on a jolly to that Manchestery place for the night. She will be overjoyed. I didnt manage to book them through efests though as they were sold out so i had to pay some fricking tout squad. Not to much more than the original price thankfully. 

Well, what a day, radiohead - Mr Dotty very happy - no stone roses - Mrs Dotty VERY unhappy. Resurrection closing pyramid on Sunday would have been amazing... clearly never going to happen now and what are we left with as realistic prospects  Sheeran?? Still all to play for on the other stages but - no roses - may have to console myself with wine :(

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Well, what a day, radiohead - Mr Dotty very happy - no stone roses - Mrs Dotty VERY unhappy. Resurrection closing pyramid on Sunday would have been amazing... clearly never going to happen now and what are we left with as realistic prospects  Sheeran?? Still all to play for on the other stages but - no roses - may have to console myself with wine :(

Yeah, I hear you, dotty. Of the rumours going around, Stone Roses was the one I was hoping for, too. I've got a few Radiohead albums, but none of them have had very many plays. I suspect if I were to see them, I'm unlikely to know more than a few tracks. Still, there are many on this thread, and efests generally, who I'm sure are delighted, so I'm pleased for them. I'll just have to hope Flaming Lips return to headline the Other Stage, so I can make amends for missing them in 2010! :) 

I've got mixed feelings about it.  I drifted away from Radiohead after Kid A having listened ti the first 3 albums a lot, but I've never seen them live and I am really excited to see them.  By contrast I've probably listened to the Roses more, but I was / am really nervous about Ian's voice and whether that would detract from the whole thing for me.

But as always there will be something else on another stage, and it might just end up being someone like Pearl Jam or NIN, or indeed the Flaming Lips :)

There have been certain Pyramid headliner bands I've seen, taking a punt on them playing a certain song, which has worked out well so far. That's my philistine approach with Thom and co. Acoustic Creep into 15 Step would be good.

NFRNFC y'all

Morning Lucy!  Apparently there was an interview with Emily yesterday when she categorically denied that Daft Punk or Stone Roses would be headlining.

Personally I'm not taking that as 100%; the confirmation of Radiohead was so early and so out the norm for Glastonbury that all bets are off as far as I'm concerned! We have gone down the rabbit hole Alice...

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Morning Lucy!  Apparently there was an interview with Emily yesterday when she categorically denied that Daft Punk or Stone Roses would be headlining.

Personally I'm not taking that as 100%; the confirmation of Radiohead was so early and so out the norm for Glastonbury that all bets are off as far as I'm concerned! We have gone down the rabbit hole Alice...

Hello! 

Ah I see, I haven't read any other threads yet today! You're right though, anything can happen. Anything at all! 

Ooh by the way, I'll be going with my original plan of FD and the Levs at Bournemouth, as my choir concert does not clash with it! 

Hello all

I've got to go to visit my parents today and am dreading it. The last few times that I have called in to see them it's ended up with me and my dad arguing and me eventually storming out of their house because I'm just unable to deal with the bloke. Why just walk in to another shouting match I wonder to myself? I want peace and harmony in my life, not my own dad telling me to fuck off. Ho hum.

5 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello! 

Ooh by the way, I'll be going with my original plan of FD and the Levs at Bournemouth, as my choir concert does not clash with it! 

Enjoy the gig Lucy!  Really looking forward to the Pompey one, never been to the Guildhall and I do like trying a new venue :)

After missing Dub Pistols a couple of weeks ago and having to miss Chainska Brassika next week due to being away for this training course I'm feeling a bit gig-deflated!  Got Bear's Den on the 1st and then Levs in Dec, but might see if I can find something to fill the gap in between!

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've got to go to visit my parents today and am dreading it. The last few times that I have called in to see them it's ended up with me and my dad arguing and me eventually storming out of their house because I'm just unable to deal with the bloke. Why just walk in to another shouting match I wonder to myself? I want peace and harmony in my life, not my own dad telling me to fuck off. Ho hum.

Hope it goes OK Yog.  My brother and parents have been on/off speaking terms for about 15 years now (currently it's off) and it's never pleasant.  Fingers crossed chap :friends:

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello all

There's something about returning to our parents' home that turns us back into children!  May be the time to use a bit of Transactional Analysis and consciously put yourself in Adult state for the whole of the visit.  Staying logical cuts out the emotion and keeps you safe.  I find this article really helpful

http://www.carolsolomonphd.com/web_pdfs/Transact.pdf

Good luck Yog!

Greetings all, happy Finbarr day.  I hope you're all feeling yourselves today.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Have an upvote for that one Dizzy :)

Why thank you Q.  I have to say that, in a completely un-finbarrish way,  I'm feeling myself for the first time in about a year.  I'm genuinely excited about having a golden ticket whereas last October life was so shitty I couldn't really enjoy it much at all.  Have loved the general Radiohead/bear induced insanity over the last few days.  I'm not even a fan, but already looking forward to Friday at the Pyramid.

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Enjoy the gig Lucy!  Really looking forward to the Pompey one, never been to the Guildhall and I do like trying a new venue :)

After missing Dub Pistols a couple of weeks ago and having to miss Chainska Brassika next week due to being away for this training course I'm feeling a bit gig-deflated!  Got Bear's Den on the 1st and then Levs in Dec, but might see if I can find something to fill the gap in between!

Hope it goes OK Yog.  My brother and parents have been on/off speaking terms for about 15 years now (currently it's off) and it's never pleasant.  Fingers crossed chap :friends:

Cheers Quark. :)