NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Afternoon all - blue sky up in Manchester - it is the athletes parade here this afternoon which means that it will be a bloody nightmare getting home - but I do hope it doesn't go to Manchester on them. Productive weekend clearing out loft garage cupboards etc of 9 years of extraneous crap - where does it all come from - 6 trips to the recycling centre!

S2H thanks for the offer of footage - I will have a think about what I am missing and will pm you over the next few days.  We did manage to watch some 2016 coverage on sat night and spent most of sunday night glastobating - I fear that Mr Dotty and I are becoming more obsessed with every passing year.  Every time we hear a song or that a new album is out our first comment is usually connected to whether said artist was good/ would be good at Glastonbury.   God knows what we are going to do with our time in 2018 - we may no longer have anything in common and Mr Eavis's cows could be responsible for the end of our marriage.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Didn't miss much tbh. Were ok but nothing more. Maybe cos the crowd hadn't woken up more than anything wrong with them to be fair. 

I do remember it was a struggle to get out of bed for whatever time it was....

Evening all, hope everyone's had a lovely day. Sunny skies today in Worthing. Had a stressful day fielding calls from builders, electricians and plumbers working on my house but think we've finally got a plan. Looking forward to more sunny skies tomorrow I hope!

26 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Evening all, hope everyone's had a lovely day. Sunny skies today in Worthing. Had a stressful day fielding calls from builders, electricians and plumbers working on my house but think we've finally got a plan. Looking forward to more sunny skies tomorrow I hope!

I feel your pain. It will get better, and it's closer to the weekend too.

On a septate note, we were out doing the weekly shop tonight, is it too early to be eyeing up the wine boxes for June?

Evening all

hope everything gets better MrG soon, hopefully next weekend will make up for last weekend.

carlos never to early to research alcoholic beverages for next years glastonbury.  

busy weekend (as usual) curtain and rail put up on front door (yippee no more Draughts) pictures hung, trip to west Bay and quince jelly made ooh not forgetting gardening.  

First festival tickets for 2017 brought today, Shambala here we come again :) 

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. To be honest, I was fine once we got away from mum's, it's just bloody hard work being there! 

@Mr Splodge, how was West Bay? Haven't been there in a while, might take gumby jr down for a bracing walk and chip butty on half term. 

@carlosj, never too early to be considering booze options. Do you have a lockable cupboard?

@Skoo, having spent years renovating our house, and dealing with tradespeople for the more skilled jobs (I did most of it myself, but some things are beyond me!), I don't envy you. Sunny skies in October are always a bonus, though! 

@noplacelikehome, I know what you mean about the glasto-centric conversations. I find myself saying 'ooh, they'd be good at glasto' at least a dozen times a week! Every now and then I get a raised eyebrow from mrs gumby, which basically says 'have I really got to listen to this for the next 8 fucking months?'

2 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

First festival tickets for 2017 brought today, Shambala here we come again :) 

I hadn't realised that they had gone on sale. We'll not be going next year anyway, but your post has enabled me to tell friends that they've gone on sale (Tier 1 and 2 have already sold out!). Ta. :)

14 hours ago, Skoo said:

Had a stressful day fielding calls from builders, electricians and plumbers working on my house but think we've finally got a plan. 

Hard work co-ordinating it all isn't it.  I'd watched too much Kirsty on the telly :D and we had a wall knocked down etc. 10 years ago and it still haunts me !   Hope yours is going well.

Nice work Benny Lucy and Splodge, multi festivals all round!  Looking forward to Benicassim but I know it's going to be completely different to my usual cup of tea.  Still, got to try these things once n'est-ce pas? :)

Quite bright down this neck of the woods today, working from home so at least I get to look at the garden while I'm working instead of the usual main road!

Sympathies to all those dealing with DIY and tradespeople, got a couple of calls to make this week myself.  We've got a front wall on its way down and a drain that is solid leaf mulch and moss to sort out.  Always fun.

On topic (at least partly) I don't know if it's because I've got the solo thing going on next year, but this will be my sixth glastonbury and I've never been this excited so early!  Really cannot wait for June :yahoo:

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nice work Benny Lucy and Splodge, multi festivals all round!  Looking forward to Benicassim but I know it's going to be completely different to my usual cup of tea.  Still, got to try these things once n'est-ce pas? :)

Quite bright down this neck of the woods today, working from home so at least I get to look at the garden while I'm working instead of the usual main road!

Sympathies to all those dealing with DIY and tradespeople, got a couple of calls to make this week myself.  We've got a front wall on its way down and a drain that is solid leaf mulch and moss to sort out.  Always fun.

On topic (at least partly) I don't know if it's because I've got the solo thing going on next year, but this will be my sixth glastonbury and I've never been this excited so early!  Really cannot wait for June :yahoo:

Child 1, the impoverished London student, is going to Benicassim. And Glastonbury. And probably Bestival. And...

<_<

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Child 1, the impoverished London student, is going to Benicassim. And Glastonbury. And probably Bestival. And...

<_<

Ben

How the hell does this work dude?  Beni and Glastonbury will likely be my only jollies next year; already had to say no to a jaunt to Amsterdam with my brother because I'm committed to those two!

And I don't even have kids to worry about!  Don't worry, we'll treat you to a cider at the meet ;)

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

How the hell does this work dude?  Beni and Glastonbury will likely be my only jollies next year; already had to say no to a jaunt to Amsterdam with my brother because I'm committed to those two!

And I don't even have kids to worry about!  Don't worry, we'll treat you to a cider at the meet ;)

Debt.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was going to ask that! How does being at the same festival as your child work out?! 

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I was going to ask that! How does being at the same festival as your child work out?! 

One of our guys took his daughter in for her first run without his guidance a couple of years ago.  The look on his face as she buggered off into the distance not to be seen until Monday was priceless :lol:

Much as I love my son and heir, I do have some issues with his (societally pervasive, it seems) sense of entitlement. But he has already got himself a (pub) job, so fair do's. He knows what debt awaits him and is scared enough not to be entirely financially irresponsible!

In terms of being at GF together? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see each other once! Not because we wouldn't want to, but because it's so vast and we'll watch different stuff as well as share interests. Saying that, he has inherited his Daddy's deep love of techno, so come 5am, more than likely we'll be less than 30 yards from one another. If he can keep up with me...!

:)

Ben

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Much as I love my son and heir, I do have some issues with his (societally pervasive, it seems) sense of entitlement. But he has already got himself a (pub) job, so fair do's. He knows what debt awaits him and is scared enough not to be entirely financially irresponsible!

In terms of being at GF together? I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see each other once! Not because we wouldn't want to, but because it's so vast and we'll watch different stuff as well as share interests. Saying that, he has inherited his Daddy's deep love of techno, so come 5am, more than likely we'll be less than 30 yards from one another. If he can keep up with me...!

:)

Ben

Benny Sr and Benny Jr at 5am in the SE Corner.  That's a beautiful image already ;)

@mr gumby west bay was good thanks, one of our favourite places for a jaunt, mrs Splodge was after some sea glass but sadly didn't find any, good excuse to go back for a chippy tea by the sea.  

@lucyginger Boomtown on our list next year, finally plucked up the courage to go.

Hope everyone is having a good day.  

1 hour ago, Mr Splodge said:

Was thinking the same, probably at 5am Benny Jr has finally caught up after Benny running around seeing his famous list of bands :) 

I see it like a dad dragging a son round a historic city to see all the sites.

"Dad I'm tired, can we get some food? We've been walking for hours"

"Come on son, you'll thank me for this one day.  Now, it's 4.45 so we've only got 10 minutes to get to the Park for Jagwar Ma!"