NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Still can't beat Muff diving club. Lol

I went to some run down town in Wales with a mate once for reasons which elude me right now. Anyway, we went out on the town and got slaughtered very cheaply (I just don't think they could charge what other areas charge because people were skint). Anyway, we went to a nightclub where were were asked for our admission cost of £4! I went to pay my £4 and the lady behind the counter said ' no that's £4 for the two of you'! While in the club my mate got talking to a lady and I heard him tell her that we were divers (actually a true statement) and that we were in town to clean off all the algea, or muff as he called it, off the pipes that were extending out to sea from the beach (not a true statement). It was only after he'd said (about three times) that we were a pair of muff divers did the penny drop with her.

15 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

I've realised I've never actually posted in this thread in my e fest time!... just thought I'd say hello and see what this thread is all about! :bye:

Hello, fellow Lucy! :)

Basically, we make sacrifices to the weather gods throughout the year (going out without a coat, accepting a downpour at an event other than glastonbury) in order for a dry festival. Quite simple, all welcome! Plus there's chat, nonsense, moral support, advise on all things Glastonbury and otherwise, and that's it really! 

Welcome! :)

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello, fellow Lucy! :)

Basically, we make sacrifices to the weather gods throughout the year (going out without a coat, accepting a downpour at an event other than glastonbury) in order for a dry festival. Quite simple, all welcome! Plus there's chat, nonsense, moral support, advise on all things Glastonbury and otherwise, and that's it really! 

Welcome! :)

I get rained on all the bloody time so I'm sure I'll be contributing my weather sacrifices ha! 

It's basically a lot of waffle.  Think of some weird crossover between a Carry On film and an emotional support group, throw in the British love of talking about weather and a soupcon of music with a good dollop of gin, and sprinkle liberally with terrible TERRIBLE jokes.

What's not to love?

1 minute ago, Quark said:

It's basically a lot of waffle.  Think of some weird crossover between a Carry On film and an emotional support group, throw in the British love of talking about weather and a soupcon of music with a good dollop of gin, and sprinkle liberally with terrible TERRIBLE jokes.

What's not to love?

Sounds fabulous! 

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

What's not to love?

That, my friend, is an excellent summary!!! 

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

So, what does NFR and NFC stand for out of interest? 

Ah, the very marrow of the matter :)

No F*ckin' R*in, No F*ckin' Compromise.

All we wish for (excluding the renegade @stuartbert two hats) at Glastonbury is absolutely no r*in whatsoever.  None of this "just enough to calm the dust down" business.  Just beautiful beautiful dry weather.

Edited by Quark

7 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello!!! 

You be careful of your appendages there Mr Splodge! How's everything going? It's nice to see you :) 

All limbs present and correct :) 

all going good thanks, broken the back of the outside work so moving back indoors now.  Hopefully have more time to contribute to the praising and general silliness :) 

need to read quite a few pages to get the gist again tho.  Eek 79 pages best pour a beer and start.