NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Grr, there's still something incompatible between my work (shhh) laptop and this forum.  Takes an age to get on, keeps logging me out.  Can't edit stuff....

However, you have all made me smile this morning.

Can we try to get all you Finbarr's a slot in the Cabaret Tent?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Grr, there's still something incompatible between my work (shhh) laptop and this forum.  Takes an age to get on, keeps logging me out.  Can't edit stuff....

However, you have all made me smile this morning.

Can we try to get all you Finbarr's a slot in the Cabaret Tent?

Pretty sure that's a Finbarr in itself, Jeffie!! ;) 

23 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've already done a couple of cyborg torsos. I'll see if I can get the photos on here somehow.

As far as the job thing goes I'm kind of lost. I know what I don't want to do but haven't got much of a clue as to what I would like to do. I'm not lazy but really don't want to go in to a job where there's a lot of pressure. I don't think that I can take pressure anymore. However, you don't find that many well paid low pressure jobs. My wife's shop might pick up a bit as it's close to a student area and they all come back next week. Here's hoping.

Ah students should help, yes! good luck :) 

sorry for short reply, am quite busy! 

back when I can! 

25 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've already done a couple of cyborg torsos. I'll see if I can get the photos on here somehow.

As far as the job thing goes I'm kind of lost. I know what I don't want to do but haven't got much of a clue as to what I would like to do. I'm not lazy but really don't want to go in to a job where there's a lot of pressure. I don't think that I can take pressure anymore. However, you don't find that many well paid low pressure jobs. My wife's shop might pick up a bit as it's close to a student area and they all come back next week. Here's hoping.

Fingers crossed.  There's an organisation I'm looking at called careershifters.org that help people figure out their alternatives and what might actually be the right path for them.  Their website's worth a look, based in London but might be something closer to you that might help?

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

Fingers crossed.  There's an organisation I'm looking at called careershifters.org that help people figure out their alternatives and what might actually be the right path for them.  Their website's worth a look, based in London but might be something closer to you that might help?

Thanks Quark - I'll look them up.

29 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hello everyone.

well this is strange, way to hot to paint so mr splodge gets a day off.  

Just repacked the van after it's return from the repair shop ready for a few days away this weekend.  

Hope everyone is fine a dandy and the world is treating you well.

Hoorah for a day off! 

Have a lovely weekend away! Just popped in while I print things off and I'm glad I did now, Hello! 

22 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

That's MISS G, thank you!!! I might be hurtling towards 40 at an alarming rate, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember a marriage!!! 

With the amount of gin you drink........??? :drinks:

52 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks Quark - I'll look them up.

They have quite a lot of case studies on there as well.  The thing that's interested me is that they aren't all "I used to work in an office but now I work with orphaned giraffes" stories; quite a lot are the other way round where people have found they're actually happier in office environments.  They're also quote honest about money implications and stuff like that.

48 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

That's MISS G, thank you!!! I might be hurtling towards 40 at an alarming rate, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember a marriage!!! 

To be fair Lucy I certainly don't remember all of my wedding...

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, Mrs G.

Why I get singled out is beyond me. Hrrrumpfff!

2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Do you not remember? After Earth Wind & Fire? I can confirm that you are, in fact, Mrs G. We were both fairly wired, to be fair, so details are a bit sketchy, but I seem to recall Michael Eavis performing an Elvis medley at the reception. 

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Do you not remember? After Earth Wind & Fire? I can confirm that you are, in fact, Mrs G. We were both fairly wired, to be fair, so details are a bit sketchy, but I seem to recall Michael Eavis performing an Elvis medley at the reception. 

Sounds legit.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

To be fair Lucy I certainly don't remember all of my wedding...

It may come as some surprise but I remember every moment of my wedding. I was using a lot of mephedrone around that time. Both me and my now wife discovered that one of the side effects (if you can call it that) of it was that it really curtailed the amount we drank. As in seriously so. Having stumbled across this discovery we wrote to Professor Nutt about it, only to discover that he was already looking in to it. Anyway, I didn't get that pissed which is why I remember the wedding.

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well at the moment we are 'kind of' surviving on what my wife makes at her shop. However, we've just been hit with two bomb shells - the campervan engine has started making a strange louder noise than usual, plus the insurance is up on it at the end of the month.

As an aside from that I did put my CV up on the net last week. Yesterday at just after 5pm I received a call from a Facilities Management company asking me to come in for a job interview today at 4.30pm. My problem is that deep down I don't want to go back in to the building maintenance surveying line of work. So, I am just about to write back to them thanking them for their job offer but turning them down. It may be a mad thing to do but hey ho.

I hope things pan out as you want them to, I can empathise on the job satisfaction thing.

17 hours ago, mr gumby said:

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Sounds legit.

16 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Except it wasn't Michael Eavis, it was me. And that wasn't Elvis, it was Garry Glitter.

Top night though. 

16 hours ago, mr gumby said:

100 per cent. Just ask Bez, he performed the ceremony. He even showed me his licence. Admittedly, it was a dog licence from 1992, but it still counts, doesn't it? 

Ah yes, what a fabulous night! Thanks, everyone! 

Are we still on honeymoon? 

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It may come as some surprise but I remember every moment of my wedding. I was using a lot of mephedrone around that time. Both me and my now wife discovered that one of the side effects (if you can call it that) of it was that it really curtailed the amount we drank. As in seriously so. Having stumbled across this discovery we wrote to Professor Nutt about it, only to discover that he was already looking in to it. Anyway, I didn't get that pissed which is why I remember the wedding.

I found that too, with the old drone. Ah, the good old days! 

(ok, only a few years ago, but you know)