NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Chapeau, sir! :D 

I thank you.  I'll come up with nothing better than that for some time :)

1 minute ago, jeffie said:

Cheers Mr S

Nice to see you back about the place Jeffie.  It's always fun to see the number of people coming back out of hibernation as T-Day approaches; might have to spark up the old e-campfire soon :)

So, I put the washing out, it pleut'd.

i brought it in, le soleil brille,

So i put it out again, I'll let you guess!

It's now out for the third time

If this isn't an offering to the Weather Gods, i don't know what is! 

35 minutes ago, Quark said:

I thank you.  I'll come up with nothing better than that for some time :)

Nice to see you back about the place Jeffie.  It's always fun to see the number of people coming back out of hibernation as T-Day approaches; might have to spark up the old e-campfire soon :)

Thanks Mr Q, I've been around in another place, but family issues, some who follow me elsewhere will know, have been a major issue over the last year, and continue to be so.  There's only so many keystrokes can be done in any one day.  :mellow:

9 minutes ago, jeffie said:

Thanks Mr Q, I've been around in another place, but family issues, some who follow me elsewhere will know, have been a major issue over the last year, and continue to be so.  There's only so many keystrokes can be done in any one day.  :mellow:

Aha.  Sympathies (if that's the right term); father-in-law's health had a similar effect on me for a big chunk of the early half of this year.  Hope all's going OK mon ami :friends:

1 hour ago, jeffie said:

So, I put the washing out, it pleut'd.

i brought it in, le soleil brille,

So i put it out again, I'll let you guess!

It's now out for the third time

If this isn't an offering to the Weather Gods, i don't know what is! 

This is the sort of thing those lovely gods love!!! 

Nice to see you Jeffie :) 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Aha.  Sympathies (if that's the right term); father-in-law's health had a similar effect on me for a big chunk of the early half of this year.  Hope all's going OK mon ami :friends:

Ta fella, we are where we are, or it is what it is, as one of my seniors loves to say.

(although he's an arse')

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

save from almost page 2 bump.  

how is everyone?

Befuddled and checking out the t shirts for next year's Glastonbury, once the tickets get got. I'm at Leeds beer festival, quality testing beers for all the stalls and I've seen the fat boy slim(?) beer  t shirt equivalent of 'mash, sparge, boil, repeat'.

How are you?

On 11/09/2016 at 0:39 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've been drinking all day and don't feel drunk in the slightest. I think I've been short changed.

Sounds like you've been to this beer festival too. Nice beers, but I think they included the delivery charge on some of them from the USA.

This week is going to be scorchio, hopefully something to be replicated next June.

Morning All :)

Festi was a good craic yesterday.  Wasn't particularly well attended but hopefully they got enough through the gate to make it viable for next year.  Some good small and local bands throughout the day, and 3 cracking sets to finish off.

If you get a chance to see The Allergies, I heartily recommend to you take it.  Hip hop / funk DJs from Bristol, got a very small crowd up and dancing and looked like they were having a blast.  Was also really good to see a DJ set where they're still working from turntables.

Dub Pistols, as always, smashed it.  Will never get bored of watching them.  And Turin Brakes sounded gorgeous; never seen them live before but definitely add a layer of sound over and above their recorded material.

Only downsides are (a) knackered, and (b) a bit sunbrnt - don't trust sun cream bought from festi shops!