NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all! What's everyone up to? I've been going through a lot of films lately, watching some for the first time, others again. Highlights this week include One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and City of God. The missus had me watch Sex and the City. Ahem.

First Lord of the Rings lined up tonight!

4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Evening all! What's everyone up to? I've been going through a lot of films lately, watching some for the first time, others again. Highlights this week include One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and City of God. The missus had me watch Sex and the City. Ahem.

i was co-opted into watching Sex ATC the other night.  i've never seen a second of it before so the film made no sense, and i fell asleep before it finished.

18 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

At least you've had decent bread for your SATC shit sandwich! Mrs Q used to be a big fan so I too have suffered. It says a lot about the "empowerment" of that film when the only remotely funny bit is someone shitting themselves.

Working through films myself at the moment, normally recorded off film 4 that either look interesting or I've never got round to seeing. Tend to watch in stages, so this week I finished The Warlords (Jet Li Chinese history epic, bloody lovely film) and now on Office Space.

Tonight has involved juicing, cooking and a solid 45 minutes guitar practice. My fingers hurt!

Friday tomorrow!

27 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I have spent the evening clearing under my bed and the spare bed, cleaning them both, packing up unwanted shoes, electrical items and clothes... Ready for the British heart foundation to pick then all up tomorrow. New really comfy bed coming Monday. 

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

At least you've had decent bread for your SATC shit sandwich! Mrs Q used to be a big fan so I too have suffered. It says a lot about the "empowerment" of that film when the only remotely funny bit is someone shitting themselves.

Working through films myself at the moment, normally recorded off film 4 that either look interesting or I've never got round to seeing. Tend to watch in stages, so this week I finished The Warlords (Jet Li Chinese history epic, bloody lovely film) and now on Office Space.

Tonight has involved juicing, cooking and a solid 45 minutes guitar practice. My fingers hurt!

Friday tomorrow!

Haha that's very true! The Warlords sounds interesting, may have to track that down. My fingers have been suffering the same fate, been playing the guitar and keyboard a bit more since the fest. Need to keep at it!

Yes Friday tomorrow, then I have a week off! :)

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I have spent the evening clearing under my bed and the spare bed, cleaning them both, packing up unwanted shoes, electrical items and clothes... Ready for the British heart foundation to pick then all up tomorrow. New really comfy bed coming Monday. 

Your evening sounds very productive! And I could really do with a new bed (or at least a new mattress), my one's rather springy and my back doesn't appreciate it very much!

45 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Your evening sounds very productive! And I could really do with a new bed (or at least a new mattress), my one's rather springy and my back doesn't appreciate it very much!

My bed is 10 yr old and my back knows it. I hate spending over a grand but I do spend a third of my life In it so a good investment really. I'm so looking forward to Monday!! 

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

We also had an evening of telly, but not films. We watched the latest episode of The Living And The Dead, which I can't quite make my mind up about. It's well acted, but odd. We also watched Eden, the new reality series, which is quite interesting.

It must be nearly 20 years since I last watched One Flew Over The Couckoo's Nest. Wonderful film, and based on a brilliant book! 

If mrs gumby ever suggested watching Sex and the City, I would be absolutely certain that she had been abducted by aliens, and replaced with a cyborg. 

5 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

What on earth had you done DJ?  I don't hate anyone enough to make them watch SATC!

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

My bed is 10 yr old and my back knows it. I hate spending over a grand but I do spend a third of my life In it so a good investment really. I'm so looking forward to Monday!! 

A good investment if you ask me - if your new bed lasts another 10 years that's £100ish pound a year :)

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I bet you do! 

:lol:

9 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I really need a new mattress too! Won't happen for a while though, especially as we have booked our holiday to Skye! Hoorah! 

Congrats! You must be excited! When do you go?

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

We also had an evening of telly, but not films. We watched the latest episode of The Living And The Dead, which I can't quite make my mind up about. It's well acted, but odd. We also watched Eden, the new reality series, which is quite interesting.

It must be nearly 20 years since I last watched One Flew Over The Couckoo's Nest. Wonderful film, and based on a brilliant book! 

I watched Eden on Monday! I really quite like the concept, and it seems it's going to be a staggered series so will hopefully keep us entertained enough to keep following it.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is just great. Any you're right the book is even better!

If mrs gumby ever suggested watching Sex and the City, I would be absolutely certain that she had been abducted by aliens, and replaced with a cyborg. 

5 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

What on earth had you done DJ?  I don't hate anyone enough to make them watch SATC!

We were discussing baby DJ's, and I jokingly suggested we should plan the birth so that it doesn't coincide with the end of June. True Story.

P.S. I really enjoyed The Lord of the Rings trilogy, probably because, as a Tolkien fan, I'd waited bloody ages for someone to make a half-decent attempt!

Orlando Bloom was a terrible choice, though! 

I thought on the whole the films did pretty well in translating what are enormous books. I think Orlando Bloom was surely only chosen for one reason and one reason only...

Ladies and Gents I'm off to Edinburgh Fringe in a couple of weeks time for the weekend. First time and I'm massively excited.

Has anyone been before / got any recommendations of things to do & see?

Much like glasto it seems wandering around itself is quite an eye opener!