First time at Reading - Questions

anataylor12

So it's my first time going to the Reading Festival and I'm going alone (day ticket for the Friday)

Should I bring a backpack to put stuff in for the day or just buy everything there? Would they allow backpacks in the crowds while watching bands (I'd think not but where would I put it otherwise?)? I heard the lockers are really small

I really want to see twenty one pilots. I'm 5'1" so what's the best way to be able to see them (being short)?

Depends what you want to bring, any alcohol isnt allowed unless bought within the arena, most other things you can bring in a rucksack.  As for seeing, either get to the stage an act or two early and get near the front when people leave at the end of acts or make friends with a tall guy with strong shoulders 

I normally take a backpack but its more for the trip to Tesco for booze/food and the ease of carrying it back, I can't really see the need for one in the arena as like Jake says you can't take alcohol in, when in the arena I normally have a cheap throw away phone in 1 pocket and a small amount of cash in the other for beer and food.

With the Twenty One Pilots bit, as Jake said you can get there a couple of sets early and move in as the crowds from previous shows move out, start at the front of the crowd on the right hand side and slowly move inwards and backwards where you need to (people will most likely let you through if you're going backwards more than forwards as long as you're nice about it) you'll end up 10/15 people back from the stage slightly off the middle but it will be easier to get forwards to the front when the crowds move out, more so than if you tried to come in from  the back anyway :)