The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not in a world where the £5 cheese toastie exists.

The Cheese Truck represents tremendous value compared to a wrap, a couple bits of fried halloumi and lettuce for the same price 

Unless you're referring to £5 cheese toasties in the 24hr cafe in pylon, in which case I agree 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That tent in pylon is scandalous. And they upped their prices morning (whilst also running out of everything) so I heard. 

"Can I have a ham and cheese panini please?"

"Sorry, we've run out of ham, and paninis" was heard quite a bit. 

I extremely reluctantly bought a couple of bottles of mixer out of if, due to laziness mostly. They were selling flapjacks for £2.50 which are 29p in B&Ms, a fucking scandal as you well say

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Two cheese toasties and 2 brews (and it looked like they'd run out of cheese as well there was so little on them) cost £15.50 Monday morning. I am still now sitting here thinking why the fuck did I pay that? I wouldn't normally I'd have fucked off somewhere else. Must have still been pissed!. 

Aaahhh... the irrational state of a Monday morning...

40 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye when googling some of the suggestions to see if they had albums coming Local Natives seemed like they're probably a decent bet. Would they headline? I see they played 3rd down at Latitude the other year which is a decent slot.

Nah not a chance they'd headline but maybe third or fourth down. Been hoping they'd play for the past few years and the new album  is shaping up to be great from the few tracks they've released

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think Local Natives would play 2nd or 3rd on the Park. Great live act and high hopes for this new record. Got tickets for their tour t'other day.

They played mid afternoon on the JP in 2013, which is equivalent I would say to a bit higher up in the Park? regardless, next album could either send them big or just stay the same level as they were following Hummingbird.

Got tickets too :-) and high hopes.

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Two cheese toasties and 2 brews (and it looked like they'd run out of cheese as well there was so little on them) cost £15.50 Monday morning. I am still now sitting here thinking why the fuck did I pay that? I wouldn't normally I'd have fucked off somewhere else. Must have still been pissed!. 

Monday morning this year. The pizza place next to tea and toast at the bottom of the park...

Me "is that pizza ok?"

Random eating it - "not great and it was a tenner"

Me "you seen the size of the other queues? Sod it Ill buy one, Im starving"

Fucking shite. Hardly any tomato sauce, sod all cheese on it. Took that long I could have got served somewhere else and they had no drinks.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Monday morning this year. The pizza place next to tea and toast at the bottom of the park...

Me "is that pizza ok?"

Random eating it - "not great and it was a tenner"

Me "you seen the size of the other queues? Sod it Ill buy one, Im starving"

Fucking shite. Hardly any tomato sauce, sod all cheese on it. Took that long I could have got served somewhere else and they had no drinks.

I had one of those as it was a 30 second walk from my tent. Paid £14 and waited fucking ages for a meat feast. Every time I picked up a slice the entirety of the toppings, cheese included, slid straight off and landed in the box, so I ended up eating six slices of pizza bread with a tiny bit of tomato sauce on, for £14.

25 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I had one of those as it was a 30 second walk from my tent. Paid £14 and waited fucking ages for a meat feast. Every time I picked up a slice the entirety of the toppings, cheese included, slid straight off and landed in the box, so I ended up eating six slices of pizza bread with a tiny bit of tomato sauce on, for £14.

Yeah, I had that on Friday morning. Was rubbish then too. The next worst food I ate for the rest of the festival was La Grande Bouffe, so as you can tell - I upped my game.

That tent in pylon was a piss take. 8 quid for a fish cake and cold chips?? Bastards.

Already started get fit regime for next year to get closer in from gate A where there's more stalls, urinals and bars. 

Lack of atmosphere, food and piss pots brought me down a bit this year. Back to Oxylers next year (if I get a ticket)

Forgot my initial reason for posting

eela, Steve mason and Ezra firman again please

Edited by Purple aki squat