The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You couldn't be further from the truth, at least in terms of his current one. I saw him just before EotR last year, and it was a Carrie & Lowell show, but even that was a band of 6 and a stage full of instruments. The Coachella stream was full on pop extravaganza, complete with dancers and Subaru himself wearing an enormous suit made out of approximately 1 million balloons. Sort of thing that would make mardi gras blush.

Yeah I was at the C&L tour. Just expected festivals to be a smaller affair tour-wise.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I also hear she's gonna sing on a song on the new Breeders album and ruin the whole damn thing.

See, I think that has the potential to be amazing. 

Edited by Tuna

11 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I was going to suggest this too. Too big for the Floating Points/Four Tet/Jamie xx sub slot? 

I'd say that would be just about right, he could even headline The Park, either would be fantastically dreamy 

54 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

MAXIMALIST

Point taken

1 hour ago, willsnewman said:

Nils Frahm needs to play The Park.

Yeah, I can't really think of anywhere else you don't get much sound bleed (as long as Stonebridge play ball). Acoustic would also be a possibility if there weren't so many stages near by. WH maybe

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

I'd also love to see a set from Dizraeli & The Small Gods at The Park.

They played the Rumshack a year or two ago on the Wednesday and they were one of my favourite bits of the entire festival.

Was this before Akala on the Thursday night in 2015? If so I caught the second half of the set by accident and it was great fun.

On 7/10/2016 at 7:56 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Terrorvision would be welcome on the farm, but I'm not sure Park Stage is the right place for them. 

Agreed but not sure where they would go.  Maybe JP as it seems to be less about new bands than it used to be, or possibly the Friday opener for the Other?

Personally I don't care where they play.  They could all squeeze into a single longdrop and I'd figure out how to get in.  Hands down one of the most enjoyable bands I've ever watched.  

3 minutes ago, gluther said:

Will have been a while since the release of his album, but any chance of a return from Gaz Coombes?

Hopefully. Although hes been touring for 18 months now so it looks like hes wrapping it up with a few festival dates. Hoping for a new album asap. Matador is one of my favourite albums from the last couple of years.