The Park 2017

Tuna

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hamilton was the dog's bollocks, watched it again at work today. Could see my stupid head nodding along a lot though, annoyed me.

Where can I watch it, Glasto BBC site? Can't see it on iPlayer. Also wanna find Angel Olsen. Park sets always seem the easiest to spot yourself in the crowd imo.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton Leithauser was a highlight for me. God I love that man. Didn't see much else at the Park all weekend which was a shame, it's usually my scene. Spent a lot of time just hanging out there without seeing any bands as I thought it was a rather poor line-up (and the stuff I wanted to see clashed with more pertinent business). 

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Almost disappointed by Emily's comments about changing the Park for 2019. I'm all for evolution, but it is my favourite part of the site. What do we think she could mean?

Maybe some sort of way to cover the whole thing, but still let light through, like the Beat Hotel's orange? Imagine the Park always having a pink glow! Yes, probably completely unworkable but hey.

We saw Moonlandingz there, had a big easy jam, and watched it mate do Clint Eastwood at Hip Hip Karaoke. Also spent good time there Friday night and til 5am Monday morning with that beautiful sunrise. Aaaaa.

On 2017-6-17 at 8:47 AM, RDH92 said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of what Emily Eavis was chatting when she said 'There's quite a few surprises this year, in the Park Stage'?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-discusses-rest-glastonbury-2017-line-next-announcements-2032085

Nothing as far as I could tell. Although I did end up naked in the hot tub in the rabbit hole at 2am on Thursday morning with a bunch of other naked people. Thst was something. 

7 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Maybe some sort of way to cover the whole thing, but still let light through, like the Beat Hotel's orange? Imagine the Park always having a pink glow! Yes, probably completely unworkable but hey.

We saw Moonlandingz there, had a big easy jam, and watched it mate do Clint Eastwood at Hip Hip Karaoke. Also spent good time there Friday night and til 5am Monday morning with that beautiful sunrise. Aaaaa.

Was that him who took the instrument up? He not only nailed it but it was also comedy.

47 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Where can I watch it, Glasto BBC site? Can't see it on iPlayer. Also wanna find Angel Olsen. Park sets always seem the easiest to spot yourself in the crowd imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p056bv2l/glastonbury-2017-hamilton-leithauser

If you click on view all or view a-z and go onto Glastonbury it has them all listed there

Vintage year from top to bottom. The Flaming Lips and (according to the member of the gorup who went) Warpaint were superb, Kano was great... So many other highlights, Amber Arcades, the back to back hat-trick of Angel Olsen (despite being high as hell), Mark Lanegan and that incredible Elbow set... Dr Dog... It's still the best atmosphere and the friendliest crowd on site.

If they do make any changes for 2019 I really hope they can keep the magic that's been there for the last 10 years because it was never more apparent than this year.