The Park 2017

Tuna

Temples and Joe Goddard are the main 2 I'd want to see but they will unfortunately be losing out to clashes with K-Pez and Stormzy. 

Not actually sure I'll see anything on The Park this year. 

Edited by nikkic

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angel Olsen would be a must see. Clashes with Kate Tempest. AO loses.

Julia Jacklin would be a must see. Clashes with Laura Marling. JJ loses.

There's plenty I'd watch if I was in the area but I'm not sure if there's much there that will make me want to make the long walk.

I'm liking Margo Price though. Good call @Mardy.

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hamilton Leithauser is the best new addition to the lineup. On Park and a great time too. Last year's AOTY for me.

Yeah gave the album a spin. Some lovely tunes on there. On the list.

Must have about 30 acts this year I want to see now. Clashes will dwindle that down to 20 ish. 

14 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

There's plenty I'd watch if I was in the area but I'm not sure if there's much there that will make me want to make the long walk.

This is the exact same for me. I'd love to see Joe Goddard, Angel Olsen and more than any Sampha. But they are all on at the same times as others I would like to see, and are indivdual sets that I would walk to the park for, and then walk back from the Park straight after to catch others back in the thick of things.

Sampha is my biggest disappointment. I could concievably go see him after Chic if I'm willing to see only the last part of Moderat before Justice - but in my head the effort i'd go to for one set isnt worth it when I could be grabbing a bite to eat and getting prepared for the evening whilst catching a bit of Cinematic Orchestra. The same applies for Jain on Sonic, am gutted it looks like I'll be missing her at the same time too.

16 hours ago, tjamest said:

Friday and Saturday looks like there will be various visits to The Park for me.

Mark Lanegan and Flaming lips on Friday and Moonlandingz, Sigrid and Songhoy Blues on Saturday

Unlike Hall and Oates 

I can go for that and Margo Price

Edited by theDBre
Margo Price

Hmm, all the acts I know that I like on the Park this year clash with higher priorities for me this year. I'll have to go hang out and discover something new in some down time. That said I tend to spend a lot more time at the Park area grabbing breakfast/in the bars late at night so I'm sure to be there or there abouts for a decent amount of time. 

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Hamilton Leithauser is the best new addition to the lineup. On Park and a great time too. Last year's AOTY for me.

Does he do any walkmen stuff? The few setlists I've seen suggests he doesnt.

Much as I quite like his solo album, it'd be too much to bear to go and see him and not to get any walkmen stuff...

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well I saw The Walkmen and they didn't do The Rat.  

Beat that!

At least you got other opportunities to use your rat costume.

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Does he do any walkmen stuff? The few setlists I've seen suggests he doesnt.

Much as I quite like his solo album, it'd be too much to bear to go and see him and not to get any walkmen stuff...

He's got more solo albums. I don't think The Walkmen tunes would work with his solo setup.

They best come back.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

At least you got other opportunities to use your rat costume.

He's got more solo albums. I don't think The Walkmen tunes would work with his solo setup.

They best come back.

oh I've only heard the one with 1000 miles on, I'll check them out.

My girlfriend fancies him something rotten. I'd let him have a night with her if he promised to reform the walkmen...

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The set list from his uk tour was the whole new album plus Alexandra and I Retired from Black Hours. Could do the same with the hour slot.

I take it he doesn't play with Rostam though? Is he just doing the songs from that album?