The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TiZuff said:

Bon Iver too big for the park headliner??

He's already headlined it years ago when he was a lot smaller. He played twice that year, also quite high up on Other stage. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't want to see him now, that second album totally killed my interest in him.

9 minutes ago, Pilgrim S said:

He's already headlined it years ago when he was a lot smaller. He played twice that year, also quite high up on Other stage. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't want to see him now, that second album totally killed my interest in him.

What are you on? The second album is ridiculously good!

Just now, Diva Sam said:

What are you on? The second album is ridiculously good!

yep, imo the second album pisses all over the first, but obviously a big change in sound so can see why people might be turned off by it if they were initially won over by the singer songwriter and a guitar thing. still not sure which i prefer of the second and new albums - both very strong

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Change of food vendors would be nice. Spend so much time up there that there's pretty much nothing I haven't had. Was the ale place there last year? 

The jerk chicken place was pretty disappointing though. I did however see Jarvis Cocker passing by last year as I picked the bones out of the paltry portion they served.

The whole Bon Iver thing puzzles me. The cabin in the woods, sad singer songwriter shtick does noting for me. And what I've heard of the new album is appalling. Just throwing any old noise on record and calling it music. 

I'm starting to think the whole world is playing a big joke on me when it comes to Bon Iver. 

8 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

Do you think Laura Marling might headline the Park, I see she is playing Celtic Connections next year so she is going to be active 

This needs to happen, can't believe she hasn't played in so long!

Celtic Connections is quite early in the year though so not sure she'll still be touring Short Movie after that. Possibly a new album on the way?

Edited by TomViolence

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:10 PM, Cornelius_Fudge said:

After the pandemonium that greeted Radioheads "secret" gig there a few years back, surely it won't be that big.

Someone like PJ Harvey? Sufjan Stevens? 

If they actually kept it secret I think they could still do it. For a start don't leave a gap in the line up that screams secret guest, as people will start looking, they have to be cleverer than that.

4 minutes ago, Pilgrim S said:

If they actually kept it secret I think they could still do it. For a start don't leave a gap in the line up that screams secret guest, as people will start looking, they have to be cleverer than that.

Any ideas?

I can't think of much myself, a gap in the timetable is too obvious, as is listing a fake name because on any decent sized stage someone will notice and raise the alarm. The only thing I can think is listing a real band who then don't actually play, but that would leave a lot of disappointed people who wanted to see the actual listed act.

I might have this wrong and it may have already been discussed)... But the first year of The Park saw the Africa Express event which went on into the wee hours, with Albarn popping up too.

Could be revisited? I think the project is still live... Maybe a Gorillaz link with the new album being worked on.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim S said:

Also, if they don't start announcing "exciting surprises" way in advance, like in October.

Oh wait.