The Park 2017

Tuna

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

mid/high Park i reckon/hope, and not clashing with anybody this time please

That would be lovely. I wasn't terribly impressed by the sound in JP in 2015 (much better this year) but Alvvays still managed to cut through that and were one of my sets of the festival. Really hoping they're back in 2017.

Ben

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

ooohhh exciting stuff, 1st year we went in 2010 caught Thom Yorke and Biffy at the Park which were both fantastic  :D

definitely can't see Biffy playing the Park. they may have lost a bit of the hype surrounding them but they'd absolutely pack out the Park field and the festival has made a point of stopping unsafe sets like that

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

definitely can't see Biffy playing the Park. they may have lost a bit of the hype surrounding them but they'd absolutely pack out the Park field and the festival has made a point of stopping unsafe sets like that

oh christ the Park in 2010 was insane for their set due to the flyers they had been handing out.

Picture shows how busy it was and we found a space quite far up the hill lol

Biffy.jpg

25 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

This is what I'm thinking as well. Don't think there will be anymore huge special guests after what happened with Radiohead. 

I remember when they played in the park. I was going to go , but as I recall my legs had stopped working.

I love the Park it's always had a good feel about it. I really should spend more time there

22 hours ago, Pilgrim S said:

Although it wouldn't excite me, I'm thinking Adele if they're going to pull some surprises for the 10 year aniversary. She played the stage in her early days, and I think she would be game for it. I can imagine her wanting to be at the festival anyway.

I can imagine other people who have played the stage previously being invited back, such as The XX.

Not a chance !

I think Public Service Broadcasting could be nearer the mark or they could get Damon to come up with a super group

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Too early to tell, but my initial reaction is that the 'surprises' will be more to do with the field than the line up - refreshing the layout of venues, maybe, new areas, that type of thing.....

Change of food vendors would be nice. Spend so much time up there that there's pretty much nothing I haven't had. Was the ale place there last year?