The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know there's zero chance, but listening for the first time in a while to the sublime joy that is Joanna Newsom's Divers brings into sharp focus just how INCREDIBLE that would be on the Park at Glastonbury. A dream too far, maybe... :(

Ben

Wouldn't it be wonderful? Have you heard her new track 'Make Hay'? Although I can already imagine the chatter around my head as I try and listen to her play at the fest... :( she definitely suits venues more than festivals I reckon.

Although it wouldn't excite me, I'm thinking Adele if they're going to pull some surprises for the 10 year aniversary. She played the stage in her early days, and I think she would be game for it. I can imagine her wanting to be at the festival anyway.

I can imagine other people who have played the stage previously being invited back, such as The XX.

18 minutes ago, Pilgrim S said:

Although it wouldn't excite me, I'm thinking Adele if they're going to pull some surprises for the 10 year aniversary. She played the stage in her early days, and I think she would be game for it. I can imagine her wanting to be at the festival anyway.

I can imagine other people who have played the stage previously being invited back, such as The XX.

After the pandemonium that greeted Radioheads "secret" gig there a few years back, surely it won't be that big.

Someone like PJ Harvey? Sufjan Stevens? 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

John Peel?

1 hour ago, grayfitz said:

Yeah. 100% John Peel, was on the Sunday.

47 minutes ago, merago said:

They were pretty good too:

Thanks all!

They're such a brilliant little band. Saw them at King Tuts in January of that year and they were fantastic. 

New album due soon, reckon they're guaranteed to play in 2017. Where are they likely to play this time if the played JP last time? Higher slot on JP?