The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Spiritualized playing LAGWAFIS in full at the Barbican!!! Yes!

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=20304

As much as I love this album, I'm more excited about what he says about the new album. Pretty annoying that they've seemingly pencilled it in for June though. There'll be bands releasing albums in June 2017 that haven't even started recording yet ffs.

• 3 weeks later...

May as well add my wish list. This year I've been listening to these bands that would suit The Park:-

Parquet Courts, Minor Victories, Angel Olsen, Metronomy, Yak, and Fat White Family.

I'll add my vote for a Sufjan Stevens headline set but would be happy wherever he played on any stage. I think he is much bigger than people realise, the ultimate sleeper act. Last tour sold out in lest than a day. Would be happy with Low, Father John Misty, Natalie Prass, Courtney Barnet, Wand, Half Man Half Biscuit and a Dan Deacon set.

Edited by Pilgrim S

14 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

ALSO: I've recently fallen in love with a band called The Lemon Twigs. If they don't open up the park stage on Friday next year I would consider it an absolute travesty.

Yep mentioned them in the 2016 music thread and they're ace, and that's pretty much the perfect spot for em.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm trying with the Twigs lads as they're operating slap bang in the centre of one of my musical sweet spots, but I dunno if their songwriting is strong enough.

At least, from early impressions.

They look completely ridiculous live, in the best way possible: