West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Eurgh way to rain on my parade. Cant find any info on the cancellations though. And why would they still be included in the announcement if they had cancelled?

that last bit confuses me too. Let me see if I can find the thing that caused me to remove Afriquoi from the rumours a week or two back (am pretty sure i posted a mention of in this thread at the time, too).

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm fairly sure you mentioned United Vibrations

yeah, sorry for my confusion.

It's because i know that at one time I did have Afriquoi rumoured for west holts, but wasn't there before the announcement ... but that's because that band entry got moved to The Gully when they were confirmed for there.

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Saturday looks very very clashy currently, might just live at West Holts for the day and forget the rest of the festival exists, not much hope for must sees The National or The Moonlandingz currently...

Are Moonlandingz playing Saturday? I thought I saw somebody say Friday a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, sorry for my confusion.

It's because i know that at one time I did have Afriquoi rumoured for west holts, but wasn't there before the announcement ... but that's because that band entry got moved to The Gully when they were confirmed for there.

Pretty spot on predictions Neil with a load of the acts announced.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's nuts, isn't it? That would be a respectable line up for any main stage festival. That this is actually 'third stage down', among a hundred others, is pure barking mad.

Really wish I could be in about four places at once, to get the most from the festival. Unparalleled value

Sweet.  Justice on Sunday gives me my first (confirmed) closing headliner option. Also removed the nightmare clash risk with Radiohead on Friday. Jacksons are a solid party option for Saturday night as well.

Lots on here I want to see this year.  House Gospel Choir has my Sunday morning hangover written all over it.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Not if Radiohead get the 2.5 hour slot they've got at other festivals.

How likely is this? I'm really really hoping that Glastonbury just say "look, Radiohead, I don't know who the fuck you think you are but you absolutely cannot have more time than Coldplay"

Not that I don't want to watch them for 2.5 hours, I just can't deal with the clash headache 

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Presuming The National are subbing Dave and The Lads, would that mean a clash with Toots? 

Or can I still see Toots and slide on over t'Pyramid? 

you should have plenty of time to see Toots and get up to the Pyramid for The National.

they'll clash with Avalanches/Solange most likely. probably fall kind of inbetween the 2, although if Foos get 2.5hrs, and The Jacksons do a short-ish set then it might just be a straight National/Avalanches clash.

Just now, Sasperella said:

How likely is this? I'm really really hoping that Glastonbury just say "look, Radiohead, I don't know who the fuck you think you are but you absolutely cannot have more time than Coldplay"

Not that I don't want to watch them for 2.5 hours, I just can't deal with the clash headache 

I'd guess pretty likely, as they've got 2.5 hours at their other festivals this Summer (Werchter, BKS), and we've seen in the past that Glasto are happy to give out slots of this length. However, Radiohead only tend to play for around 2 hours even when they get these length slots so maybe Glasto will just give an a 2 hour slot.