West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It is, but if it's because of a pull out - with only a month to go, it isn't the festivals fault.

Just now, The Nal said:

Roskilde get Ice Cube as a replacement and we get Dizzy. Its like getting picked last for the football team in school.

The fact ATCQ hadnt been announced allows the fest to reshuffle instead of replace in this situation. Roskilde had to replace.

Hard to be too critical of Dizzee's booking considering they had ATCQ in place before him which was an incredible booking. They needed a Friday headliner, he obviously stepped up meaning they didn't have to search elsewhere with what little budget they have for these things (i.e. not Ice Cube money). Far easier to replace Dizzee's mid-Other (I'm assuming) placing than a prominent headliner position at such short notice.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Don't think we had any info on him but guessing high John Peel/Other/somewhere so insignificant that they were able to just bump him up like they have.

Well that makes more sense. With Future Islands now confirmed for the Friday I'm expecting them to take the headline slot.

Has future islands new album been good enough to bump them from Sunday afternoon on the other to headlining JP? 

1 minute ago, MikeJ86 said:

Has future islands new album been good enough to bump them from Sunday afternoon on the other to headlining JP? 

Up for debate, but they will've been booked for that position (if that's where they're at) long before the album was released and with the assumption that it'd do pretty well.

1 minute ago, MikeJ86 said:

If anything, to my mind, it's sealed their deal as a one hit wonder.

Saw them back in March and they were fine, but they got a significantly more muted reception than Sparks, of all people, who came on afterwards.

I think that the new Future Islands album is ace.  They sold out their tour pretty quickly and are quite clearly a big live draw at the moment.  I don't know if they're quite John Peel headliner in terms of popularity but I saw them in Leeds last month and it certainly felt like a performance worthy of that spot.   

Also, they were bloody ace on the Other Stage in 2015.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anything, to my mind, it's sealed their deal as a one hit wonder.

Saw them back in March and they were fine, but they got a significantly more muted reception than Sparks, of all people, who came on afterwards.

I loved the new album and thought they got a really good reception when they played in Leeds in April. 

For me they can go on to big things. 

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Oh I thought you normally put the 'confirmed' listing under the stage you thought they were on, even if the position wasn't definite. Fair.

yeah, i often do, but the info used to do that is rarely given to me as uncertain info (as this was) even if it might sometimes turn out to be wrong.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, i often do, but the info used to do that is rarely given to me as uncertain info (as this was) even if it might sometimes turn out to be wrong.

Fair enough boss, fair enough. Just thought at first you hadn't realised he was already on the poster.