West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Someone remind me what are the other Friday headliners likely to be? Radiohead. Major Lazer. What else?

I can't say I'm the biggest ATCQ fan, but it was far and away my number one choice out of the three.

I have faith in the West Holts bookers though.

Flaming lips for John peel?

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Someone remind me what are the other Friday headliners likely to be? Radiohead. Major Lazer. What else?

I can't say I'm the biggest ATCQ fan, but it was far and away my number one choice out of the three.

I have faith in the West Holts bookers though.

Ride in the park.

2 hours ago, mattuk said:

Do we think that a tribe called quest were nailed on then or were they only rumoured? I was really hoping to see them on the lineup. I'd be happy with Damian Marley stepping in or RTJ or even Leftfield.

Damien Marley!!!!

Although....Radiohead :-( 

Not Damien Marley!!!!

9 hours ago, mattuk said:

Do we think that a tribe called quest were nailed on then or were they only rumoured? I was really hoping to see them on the lineup. I'd be happy with Damian Marley stepping in or RTJ or even Leftfield.

http://pitchfork.com/news/73630-a-tribe-called-quest-cancel-shows-due-to-q-tip-shoulder-surgery/?mbid=social_twitter

they've cancelled a bunch of June Euro dates so doubtful

11 hours ago, mattuk said:

Likely if ATCQ were going to be Fridays headliner and have cancelled, they would just bump up Anderson Paak (rumoured to be subbing West Holts)- at this late stage it's unlikely they could summon a great new headliner. he seems good from what I've heard- liked his album a lot

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Likely if ATCQ were going to be Fridays headliner and have cancelled, they would just bump up Anderson Paak (rumoured to be subbing West Holts)- at this late stage it's unlikely they could summon a great new headliner. he seems good from what I've heard- liked his album a lot

I don't think that will happen. He's already a small WH sub and he'd get an embarrassing crowd as a headliner.

Two of the three festivals ATCQ have pulled out of have already announced a replacement, and they're at just as short notice as Glasto.

There are potential WH headliners around at the time who aren't on the lineup. Grace Jones, Orbital, George Benson (big enough?), so I imagine they'll be properly replaced.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't think that will happen. He's already a small WH sub and he'd get an embarrassing crowd as a headliner.

Two of the three festivals ATCQ have pulled out of have already announced a replacement, and they're at just as short notice as Glasto.

There are potential WH headliners around at the time who aren't on the lineup. Grace Jones, Orbital, George Benson (big enough?), so I imagine they'll be properly replaced.

Any chance of the Happy Mondays? Or are they too small these days?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are they even on the road this summer?  Expecting Bez and maybe Shaun to be at Hacienda Classical, but are they in gigging shape given Black Grape are also active?

FWIW I wouldn't have said that they're too small to do it.

yep, they're doing some festies.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Are they even on the road this summer?  Expecting Bez and maybe Shaun to be at Hacienda Classical, but are they in gigging shape given Black Grape are also active?

FWIW I wouldn't have said that they're too small to do it.

Mondays and Black Grape are both active through the summer. I thought Black Grape were absolutely nailed on for the festival. New album due, new tunes to play, Hacienda Classical there as well. 

If you mixed the Black Grape and Mondays stuff, you would have a perfect West Holts headliner. Shame they seem to be 2 separate entities.

Would not whinge at Ice Cube though, I would rather him than ATCQ. Would be a must see for me.

In that case, I wouldn't have said they'd be totally out of place on WH.  Probably a bit on the indie lad side, but it's still generally pretty groovy stuff.

Though with every day passing I'm starting to think that the answer is hiding in plain sight and it's gonna be something like The Cinematic Orchestra or DJ Shad ow.  

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In that case, I wouldn't have said they'd be totally out of place on WH.  Probably a bit on the indie lad side, but it's still generally pretty groovy stuff.

Though with every day passing I'm starting to think that the answer is hiding in plain sight and it's gonna be something like The Cinematic Orchestra or DJ Shad ow.  

I think Black Grape would be the better fit for West Holts, Just not big enough though.