West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ha... turned out Canalon de Timbiqui are playing, just not on West Holts.

And I'm pleased to see Shaggy at Silver Hayes, which means there's more reggae to come for West Holts.

And Damian Marley is still free on the Sunday if he doesn't mind a bit of air travel. Fingers crossed! :)

Would d marlz headline it if he played?

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Hoping for some decent afternoon reggae to enjoy my sausage and potatoes from Le Grande Bouffe with.

In 2015 this act was Steel Pulse.

I've found le grande bouffe to be getting progressively worse in the recent years and it pains me to say that as I've always been a massive fan.

Also the added addition of a bit of baguette is nice at face value but trying to naw on it after you've just smoked your weight in green is just awkward.

23 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Hoping for some decent afternoon reggae to enjoy my sausage and potatoes from Le Grande Bouffe with.

In 2015 this act was Steel Pulse.

Sausage and potatoes - is that a refined way of saying Bangers and mash? :lol:;)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Ha... turned out Canalon de Timbiqui are playing, just not on West Holts.

And I'm pleased to see Shaggy at Silver Hayes, which means there's more reggae to come for West Holts.

And Damian Marley is still free on the Sunday if he doesn't mind a bit of air travel. Fingers crossed! :)

Fingers crossed!!! :)

9 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

@eFestivals How certain are you that A Tribe Called Quest are headlining the Friday?

I'm not certain at all, which is why they're only a rumour.

I got info for the act before them, which came with some attached but uncertain info they were before ATCQ. That's the only info i've had for them.

I tried asking Mr WH about them at the weekend, but he wan't playing (not that I expected he would). He wouldn't even say if the already-announced Shaggy was one of his acts or not.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not certain at all, which is why they're only a rumour.

I got info for the act before them, which came with some attached but uncertain info they were before ATCQ. That's the only info i've had for them.

I tried asking Mr WH about them at the weekend, but he wan't playing (not that I expected he would). He wouldn't even say if the already-announced Shaggy was one of his acts or not.

I see, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I seem to remember you saying it was Anderson .Paak playing before them which would make sense, especially seeing as he's on the new Tribe album.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a Radiohead/Tribe clash is avoided!

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's whoever's listed before them on the rumours page (I forget)

19 minutes ago, Jobseeker said:

Think that's Paak isn't it?

Ah yes. 

Seems I'll be up in the Park watching Mark Lanegan or be wherever the Flaming Lips are. Anywhere but that 6 hour snoozefest on the Pyramid basically. 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yep I'm in the same boat. Headline either of the other two nights and I'm there. Be almost anywhere else on the lineup and I'm there. Just not at the same time as Radiohead! :(

The last EVER ATCQ tour v Radiohead headlining on the 20th anniversary of Ok Computer & one of the most iconic Glastonbury sets of all time... There is literally no room for compromise, it is evil in every sense of the word. All we can do is pray to the festival gods.

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

@eFestivals How certain are you that A Tribe Called Quest are headlining the Friday? Do you reckon there's any chance they could be the mystery Sunday headliners? I'm really hoping they don't clash with Radiohead but its looking bleak at the moment.

Sunday is surely Justice? They're confirmed for Sunday and we know they aren't headlining Other or JP (those are BBK and Metronomy). It's Friday that was the mystery on WH and unfortunately it looks like ATCQ may be the act to solve that mystery.

27 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Sunday is surely Justice? They're confirmed for Sunday and we know they aren't headlining Other or JP (those are BBK and Metronomy). It's Friday that was the mystery on WH and unfortunately it looks like ATCQ may be the act to solve that mystery.

mm yeh I guess you're right. Oh well, that's a huge shame as ATCQ where the act I most wanted to be there, excluding Radiohead.