West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

With Kraftwerk now seemingly ruled out and Craig David being a possibility for the Friday Pyramid afternoon slot, I wonder if this means A Tribe Called Quest are maybe more likely to headline West Holts if they're there?

Please not the Friday evening... A tribe called Quest clashing with Radiohead would be horrific :sorry:

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Are you trying to say that there is only room for one hip hop act on the Pyramid and that act.. is... Craig David?

Was more just trying to fill out the West Holts headliners tbh. I wasn't really thinking of Craig David as the hip hop act until you had him there on your prediction anyway :P

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Was more just trying to fill out the West Holts headliners tbh. I wasn't really thinking of Craig David as the hip hop act until you had him there on your prediction anyway :P

Currently thinking Damien Marley, The Jacksons and Jamiroquai for the headliners, although Jamiroquai could easily end up on the Pyramid I guess.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Didn't I have him Saturday? Ah well. I don't really believe anything that can go from Mary J. Blige to Skepta can really be considered a genre choice anymore. That certainly wasn't going thru my mind when I predicted where Craig David would be. :P

I do keep forgetting Tribe do have festivals right around Glasto now so yeah, hopefully. I slung Erykah Badu on my prediction because she's around near the festival too, had her down as a sub but she could possibly headline I think.

37 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

With Kraftwerk now seemingly ruled out and Craig David being a possibility for the Friday Pyramid afternoon slot, I wonder if this means A Tribe Called Quest are maybe more likely to headline West Holts if they're there?

I think ATCQ can still do Pyramid before Craig David. De La Soul played before Rudimental in 2014 and it might be a situation similar to that. 

Edited by Acid_Haze

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I do keep forgetting Tribe do have festivals right around Glasto now so yeah, hopefully. I slung Erykah Badu on my prediction because she's around near the festival too, had her down as a sub but she could possibly headline I think.

Erykah Badu... just imagine.

Some seriously good hip hop around and about this year. I'll be a little cross if Glastonbury fails to grab any of it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't I have him Saturday? Ah well. I don't really believe anything that can go from Mary J. Blige to Skepta can really be considered a genre choice anymore. That certainly wasn't going thru my mind when I predicted where Craig David would be. :P

Is she? Can't seen anything past US dates in America for Badu.

Edit: "US dates in America". Nice. I meant US dates in May.

Edited by Will-2609

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Is she? Can't seen anything past US dates in America for Badu.

North Sea Jazz. Tho looking at her other shows, she's been recently added to Essence Music Festival the weekend between Glasto and NSJ, which deletes all the implication of that European festival show.

It's got some cracking names on that Essence line up. DiRo, Chano, Shaggy, Solange. Regularly sticking in the craw of the Glasto-goer, that fest. Luckily we have Solange already sorted.

Are tribe actually going to be good? I mean I assume they will, but without the special guests that added to the new album and phife gone I hope they have something good lined up for the festivals. Do they play with a live band? 

Having said that, I would take another q tip set, he's a genius. Just not sure if tribe will work on pyramid in their current form

Any of you WH frequenters think the Hacienda Classical thing could sub the stage? I've struggled to think where it could fit in at Glasto tbh. Having looked at pics of the live show I'm not even sure whether it'd fit on the WH stage. Can't see it getting a headline slot on that stage for some reason.

How about Grace Jones, too? Too big to sub it? I know she mentioned playing last year but only if Glasto could afford her so I imagine her demands may be fairly hefty.

I'm struggling to think of a third WH sub on top of Solange and Royksöpp. Having The Avalanches and Toots playing below sub has made it difficult as those two were down as WH subs in my prediction before Neil got info on their placements.

21 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Any of you WH frequenters think the Hacienda Classical thing could sub the stage? I've struggled to think where it could fit in at Glasto tbh. Having looked at pics of the live show I'm not even sure whether it'd fit on the WH stage. Can't see it getting a headline slot on that stage for some reason.

How about Grace Jones, too? Too big to sub it? I know she mentioned playing last year but only if Glasto could afford her so I imagine her demands may be fairly hefty.

I'm struggling to think of a third WH sub on top of Solange and Royksöpp. Having The Avalanches and Toots playing below sub has made it difficult as those two were down as WH subs in my prediction before Neil got info on their placements.

I've got 

Goldfrapp / Damian Marley 

Solange / The Jacksons 

Erasure / Jamiroquai 

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Grace Jones could easily headline West Holts but I've got a feeling it's gonna be Jamiroquai. As for West Holts subs, St. Germain would be a good fit for the Sunday sub. Check out their album Tourist if you're not familiar with their work. 

8 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I've got 

Goldfrapp / Damian Marley 

Solange / The Jacksons 

Erasure / Jamiroquai 

Considered Goldfrapp but she subbed WH in 2014 and they never seem to have repeats so soon, especially as it'd be the exact same slot.

Erasure maybe.

Edit: Erasure in London on the Friday and playing festivals. Could be a top shout actually.

8 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Grace Jones could easily headline West Holts but I've got a feeling it's gonna be Jamiroquai. As for West Holts subs, St. Germain would be a good fit for the Sunday sub. Check out their album Tourist if you're not familiar with their work. 

Considered them too because of their presence on the rumours page but they don't appear to have any dates lined up.

Edited by Will-2609