West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught a bit of Damian Marley at Bestival last year, was good but not quite my thing. Would be a solid WH headliner though, and would at least free me up to be elsewhere. My potential headliner clashes are worrying me, so someone like DM that I can appreciate as a good booking but dont feel like i'd be missing out is nice.

8 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Caught a bit of Damian Marley at Bestival last year, was good but not quite my thing. Would be a solid WH headliner though, and would at least free me up to be elsewhere. My potential headliner clashes are worrying me, so someone like DM that I can appreciate as a good booking but dont feel like i'd be missing out is nice.

last time Damian headlined West Holts, he had Julian and Stephen with him on stage.

There was also a flag-waver, who i think is Flagwaver Marley, the black sheep of the family without musical talent. :P

Just now, eFestivals said:

last time Damian headlined West Holts, he had Julian and Stephen with him on stage.

There was also a flag-waver, who i think is Flagwaver Marley, the black sheep of the family without musical talent. :P

Is this you trying to make me feel like I'd be missing out?

I'm a sucker for a big flag on stage

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

How so?

There's only been one reggae act in recent years on West Holts, so I'm not really too hopeful that there'll be 2. :(

Mind you, there's been a reggae act on the Pyramid in recent years too, so it's not impossible, I guess, that Damian might be there instead.

My hopes are further dashed cos I think I'm on the tail of getting one of the WH headliners too, which takes away one of the spots Damian might have been in.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

My hopes are further dashed cos I think I'm on the tail of getting one of the WH headliners too, which takes away one of the spots Damian might have been in.

I'm assuming it's a reggae based act you've got good info on? On one of the other slots I've pretty much convinced myself Kraftwerk are nailed on based on a gut feeling when listening to The Man Machine last night...

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

I'm assuming it's a reggae based act you've got good info on? On one of the other slots I've pretty much convinced myself Kraftwerk are nailed on based on a gut feeling when listening to The Man Machine last night...

Toots would be the Reggae act. The headliner could be anyone (within reason), its just that Neil is assuming Damian Marley would headline, thus this info on one of the headliners cuts DM's chances by a third.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Also that weather :wub:

And a quick bite to eat and then toddle around to Stevie Wonder. Some day that, Slash, Dr John, Ray Davies, Toots and Stevie. 

Also Toots is a ska act! Plenty of room for reggae. 

Someone tweet this to Emily.

large.gif

Edited by The Nal