West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw The Four Tops & The Temptations a few years aho. If I recall correctly, they each had only one original member left. Still a great show though.

ETA: This line-up is so much more complicated than I imagined, it has its own Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_Temptations_band_members

Edited by marcoolio

On 20/10/2016 at 10:16 PM, TheSheriff said:

Could Hacienda Classical play West Holts or possibly headline, considered they have announced gigs in Glasgow, Albert Hall and Manchester tonight. Hearing an orchestra do some House and Hacienda classics would go down a treat

i saw, from a distance, the Irish equivalent at Electric Picnic this year.  Jenny Greene and the RTE orchestra.  i don't know how much local factors came into play, but it was heaving.  

14 hours ago, Diva Sam said:

Justice are back. Justice are back.

stick them on a rock stage, those lads gave up their boogie credentials years ago!

33 minutes ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Watching The Temptations on Jools Holland just now. They've still got it.

Crossed my mind they'd make a great top bill on WH Sunday night.

We need a West Holts legends slot for these guys.

Can you imagine Sunday afternoon with a pint of Brothers and The Temptations. Yay!

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

I've seen a few people put Justice at the top of WH in their predictions. Is that viable? With my Daft Punk dreams now squashed for the fifth year on the trot I'm hoping Justice will show up at some point over the weekend. I always assumed they would headline JP myself.

Me and my friends have been struggling to place them. I have a tendency to think bands I like are more popular than they are! But I guess it kind of depends on who else is booked for other stages. 

Their new stuff sounds incredible! 

3 hours ago, mf_2005 said:

I've seen a few people put Justice at the top of WH in their predictions. Is that viable? With my Daft Punk dreams now squashed for the fifth year on the trot I'm hoping Justice will show up at some point over the weekend. I always assumed they would headline JP myself.

Well, they have a new album out and I'd expect them to be at festivals next Summer, and WH/JP headliners seem like the sensible slots for them.

Yeah Justice aren't big enough for the Other, but I think West Holts would be a good fit and it isn't unlike their Hot Chip/Underworld bookings of the last two years. 

Only downside of that train of thought is that both of those acts headlined the Friday and Radiohead vs Justice would be a shiter of a clash. 

1 hour ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I think both Justice and Kraftwerk are more suited to John Peel. I think that the more likely trio of headliners for West Holts would be Metronomy, Santana and The Jacksons.

I don't think Metronomy are doing new stuff properly yet /for a while are they? 

4 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

I think both Justice and Kraftwerk are more suited to John Peel. I think that the more likely trio of headliners for West Holts would be Metronomy, Santana and The Jacksons.

Metronomy can bog off to another stage.

That Sunday headline slot is Kraftwerks. It is time.