West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

As with the Other Stage thread, thought we may as well have some more specific stage threads to divide the discussion up a bit and not clog up irrelevant threads.

Who could we see on WH in 2017? Got headliners of Janelle Monae, Justice and FKA Twigs down at the moment but that feels a little too modern to me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah can't see it being that trio - needs to be an older more established act there as there usually is, although with EW&F now having done it my go-to prediction for that slot is gone so i'm all out of ideas :P 

reckon when/if Janelle comes back she'll take a Pyramid slot. WH headliner would be ace but a daytime Pyramid slot would suit her down to the ground

can't see FKA twigs rising up to headliner that fast either after having only subbed last year

all that said, i don't have the foggiest on who it actually could be - always one of the more surprising stages for headliners imo. would be ace if they could get D'Angelo to play though what with it falling through for whatever reason this year. give him a slot where he'd be appreciated instead of being ignored before Adele

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

As with the Other Stage thread, thought we may as well have some more specific stage threads to divide the discussion up a bit and not clog up irrelevant threads.

Who could we see on WH in 2017? Got headliners of Janelle Monae, Justice and FKA Twigs down at the moment but that feels a little too modern to me.

And that would be my Saturday night sorted!

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Switch Jay Kay for Frank Ocean and it works for me....

I reckon he's bigger than WH headliner (at least he probably will be once his new album's out). Other sub/3rd Pyramid for me, potentially even pushing Other headliner/Pyramid sub.

Damian Marley and The Jacksons seem like good shouts to me if they're around.

Weren't people saying Santana is probably unlikely due to his own gigs being extortionate?

Do Jamiroquai have any plans to do anything?

I'd considered Kraftwerk, aye, and yeah I reckon Björk would be a WH headliner now if she played.

I can see Janelle Monae on Pyramid as suggested. For some reason I thought her last appearance was on Pyramid but it appears it was WH, so yeah that makes sense.

I think with a new album FKA Twigs could easily headline, but maybe a a high Other slot or something instead for her.

Hoping they bag Aphex Twin for it.

Edit: I think WH is always a toughie to predict early on because a lot of its headliners are older acts who aren't necessarily touring new material but just randomly decide to go out and tour.

Edited by Will-2609

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wonder if The Avalanches would fit the bill, it would be dreamland 

Apparently they are planning on putting a band together to tour next year and play actually live shows. Couldn't do it this year because of problems with Visas so had to throw together a DJ set at the last minute. Saw them at Field Day and it was on of the best DJ sets I've seen.

Real question is would they sub WH or be big enough to headline? They played a tent at Field Day and it didn't seem that full. Although I was near the front so couldn't really tell.

13 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Apparently they are planning on putting a band together to tour next year and play actually live shows. Couldn't do it this year because of problems with Visas so had to throw together a DJ set at the last minute. Saw them at Field Day and it was on of the best DJ sets I've seen.

Real question is would they sub WH or be big enough to headline? They played a tent at Field Day and it didn't seem that full. Although I was near the front so couldn't really tell.

I reckon they'd probably sub, they aren't any bigger than Caribou/ Todd Terje so I'm not sure they'd headline, but with the full live band/show maybe they would, I'm not too sure 

I know Four Tet played so many DJ sets this year, but his live show could be due a return, would surely be in the WH frame also