Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Going off their booking page, alt-J can only do Saturday between the two German festival dates. Sounds like it'd eliminate them but Tom Odell went back and forth from Hurricane to Glasto to Southside last year therefore not unheard of.

Don't think Lawn Dogg's mates will be wrong and as it was suggested that they may be playing opposite Foos, it tallies with the shifting idea of their day too. Conflicts with the idea of there being something to do with hip hop on the Other that night but is that rock solid info? Lemme know.

Foos and Alt J as your top two choices is so fucking plain. However as long as the Jacksons are on West Holts then il take every other stage having shit/boring headliners. 

Radiohead, Jacksons, Justice is still on!

On 22/02/2017 at 1:57 PM, Nobody Interesting said:

I have no info but my waters tell me that Depeche Mode will be headlining Other one night.

My waters know nothing apart from what they know.

They could only go up against Ed Sheeran though surely? 

I would say they were headliner or bust. Yet they are playing the 6 Music gig that New Order played last year, before going on to headline Other.

I hope your waters are correct. It would be a real coup for Glastonbury to get Depeche Mode and Lady Gaga in none headline slots.

9 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Are Depeche Mode bigger in the UK than New Order? I would say the Other would suit them well 

probably are bigger but really the bigger issue is why Glastonbury would book these old farts when it'd be so much more interesting to give a chance to new blood. Particularly in a year when we already have two ageing rock bands topping the Pyramid. Grow some bloody balls Em :( 

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

probably are bigger but really the bigger issue is why Glastonbury should insist on booking these old farts when it'd be so much more interesting to give a chance to new blood. Particularly in a year when we already have two ageing rock bands topping the Pyramid. Grow some bloody balls Em :( 

You don't think booking the worlds biggest ever electronic band, who happen to be British and have only ever played Wireless in regards to UK festivals would not be a significant coup??

Just now, eastynh said:

You don't think booking the worlds biggest ever electronic band, who happen to be British and have only ever played Wireless in regards to UK festivals would not be a significant coup??

of course, but that doesn't make it adventurous, relevant or future-focussed 

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

of course, but that doesn't make it adventurous, relevant or future-focussed 

Yet Depeche Mode make far more adventurous and future focussed music than anyone who will headline this year or who headlined last year.

Don't judge a band by their postcode or birth certificates.

Have Pendulum been fully ruled out? I know we think they are all for the $$$ but they've avoided a double payday at R&L and aren't playing Creamfields live either, which is surprising. Their tour dates are:

Nova Rock: Thursday 15th June
We Are Electric: Saturday 17th June
Volt Festival: Friday 30th June

Nothing planned for the week of Glastonbury. 

41 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Are Depeche Mode bigger in the UK than New Order? I would say the Other would suit them well 

A bit.  Using the ever comprehensive measure of chart sales, last time either band released an album, it went to number 2.

Blue Monday is a bigger song, more well known, influential and beloved than anything from the 'Mode's canon - and that's a scientific fact ;)

15 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Have Pendulum been fully ruled out? I know we think they are all for the $$$ but they've avoided a double payday at R&L and aren't playing Creamfields live either, which is surprising. Their tour dates are:

I always thought they would take the big cash but with them not and leaving the dates free looks like there are

2 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I always thought they would take the big cash but with them not and leaving the dates free looks like there are

There's a Pendulum DJ set at Electric Forest over Glastonbury weekend but it's possible they can do both - would just be tight.

The shows they've announced so far are a lot smaller than I expected a Pendulum reunion to be. Maybe festivals aren't so hot on them?

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A bit.  Using the ever comprehensive measure of chart sales, last time either band released an album, it went to number 2.

Blue Monday is a bigger song, more well known, influential and beloved than anything from the 'Mode's canon - and that's a scientific fact ;)

One Swallow does not make a summer.

27 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

It's got to be looking possible. I'm slightly tempted to say Pendulum topping the Other stage Friday instead of The Prodigy.

Creamfields I'll hold my hands up as I was expecting and they can get away with putting less than main stage headliners easy on hence The Chems etc before. Also thought The Prodigy maybe be there but either way Creamfields is a top lineup this year, not any bigger than any other year mind.

V Festival is to come so they may have offered the cash to Pendulum or even The Prodigy, but both are playing around the same time and no UK date for the latter.