Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

You didn't the size of Deadmau5's crowd in 2015 then...

I strolled round past the mouse about half way through. Can't remember where I'd been but decided to catch the last wee while of Kanye. Crowd was tiny. Way short of the sound tower thingy.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910
Days mixed up :-)

8 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Also rubbish. Marks to Prove It is a great tune, everything else is decidedly meh. 

First you came for The Courteeners, and I did not speak out - because I agreed.

Then you came for Foals, and I did not speak out - because I didnt want to cause more arguments.

Now you come for The Maccabees, and claim that 'Marks to Prove It' is their only good song, Thats too far. You are wrong sir.

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

First you came for The Courteeners, and I did not speak out - because I agreed.

Then you came for Foals, and I did not speak out - because I didnt want to cause more arguments.

Now you come for The Maccabees, and claim that 'Marks to Prove It' is their only good song, Thats too far. You are wrong sir.

It's not even in their top 10. And it's ace.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think Deadlad in '15 was un peut weak as an Other headliner and would be someway comparable to Justice if he hadn't been considerably bigger in the past. Shittest Other headliner year of late imo imo imo.

Probly rite their has sadmice dyed his arse that nyte imo did'nt see it do has sumwear else I think an yeah Justice same lad def

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You're right I was too busy watching Kanye West. Put Justice up against Kanye/G Clinton/Suede etc and there would be even less there 

Surely everyone left Kanye after 30 minutes.

Suede and G Clinton don't have huge headliner followings...nor does John Hopkins... who I was on my way to see when passing through Other after a bit of Kanye.

Does tend to be a dance headline on Other. Justice would seem most likely currently.

11 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

Surely everyone left Kanye after 30 minutes.

Suede and G Clinton don't have huge headliner followings...nor does John Hopkins... who I was on my way to see when passing through Other after a bit of Kanye.

Does tend to be a dance headline on Other. Justice would seem most likely currently.

I was at Suede and it was feckin busy. We got there just as they were coming on and had to watch from the side of the tent, couldn't get in.

4 hours ago, jonzpellz said:

Wouldn't it be better to compare Foals and Maccabees (bar them splitting up). The have both been around a similar time, had the same amount of albums and in my mind a similar sized following.

I would happily see either at the farm again.

Agreed - a much better comparison. I have to say I think highly of them both, however The Maccabees are better live. Much more entertaining. I imagine this has already been discussed at length, but, chances of them being at the farm ahead of the fair well shows? 

16 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

I strolled round past the mouse about half way through. Can't remember where I'd been but decided to catch the last wee while of Kanye. Crowd was tiny. Way short of the sound tower thingy.

I went to watch the Mouse man , got there , stood there got bored left

just wasn't right for Glastonbury. what he was playing just didn't do it , left and went to the silent disco

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

I went to watch the Mouse man , got there , stood there got bored left

just wasn't right for Glastonbury. what he was playing just didn't do it , left and went to the silent disco

I wouldn't say he wasn't right for Glastonbury, the festival does cover a lot of music genres & he was only ever going to headline the Other or maybe West Holts if his whole stage show could fit.

But on the other hand, I have left two of his live Earls Court & Vicky Park shows early due to getting bored.