Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

Yeah the only headliner gaga would struggle to match crowd-wise would be Ed imo (foos would get more aswell but not by enough), And you obviously wouldnt put the two biggest pop acts up against one another, teenage girls would throw a hissy fit, and blinkered rock lovers would start a petition.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, joeyjarman said:

I'd rather not have had Radiohead / Ed Sheeran / Coldplay / Adele in the last two years but others seem to be happy so hey-ho! Point was, I reckon Courteeners would be a better booking. Kaisers have done nothing for years.

Whereas Courteeners have been pumping out critically and commercially unstoppable bangers for years now.

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Whereas Courteeners have been pumping out critically and commercially unstoppable bangers for years now.

Having artists that fire out commercially unstopabble bangers is how we end up with pish like Adele, Sheeran and Gaga. My point was Foals subbed Muse last year which went down really well, Courteeners are a similar sized band and far more relevent than Kaisers.

29 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah the only headliner gaga would struggle to match crowd-wise would be Ed imo (foos would get more aswell but not by enough), And you obviously wouldnt put the two biggest pop acts up against one another, teenage girls would throw a hissy fit, and blinkered rock lovers would start a petition.

They can fuck off to V Festival then, that's what it was invented for!

9 minutes ago, joeyjarman said:

Having artists that fire out commercially unstopabble bangers is how we end up with pish like Adele, Sheeran and Gaga. My point was Foals subbed Muse last year which went down really well, Courteeners are a similar sized band and far more relevent than Kaisers.

Have to disagree with a few points there. Firstly the likes of Gaga and Adele are infinitely more talented and creative than Lian Fray and his Merry Men. This is why they're internationally successful and why nobody outside the North West (not a dig Easty!) is interested in the Courteeners. Even The Sheeranator's output is more interesting than generic by the numbers indie sludge that they fart out.

Secondly Courteeners are not comparable to Foals, in terms of size or ability. Foals have already headlined a number of mid-size festivals and have co-headlined Reading/Leeds. Courteeners have not and never will.

Edited by Hugh Jass

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

i.e. a better than world than one where all we get are the likes of Foals, Kaiser Chiefs and Courteeners.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Secondly Courteeners are not comparable to Foals, in terms of size or ability. Foals have already headlined a number of mid-size festivals and have co-headlined Reading/Leeds. Courteeners have not and never will.

Yeah I agree with, but like HJ says - leave Foals out of this.

Yeah, bloody right. Who wants girls at a festival, especially teenage ones. Stupid idea. Should be for bloody men. No girls allowed. They smell funny. Probly. Dunno. Never been close enough to one to check. And hopefully I never will. Especially at Glastonbury. 

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Kaiser Chiefs were offered a sub slot in 2009 but turned it down. They wanted headline or nothing, so I was told. I'm sure they'd be begging for that slot now though.

Hehehe

'They say you open the Other Stage twice. Once on the way up and once on the way down. Good morning Glastonbury. It's good to back in this slot'

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Says the poster advocating for a tonne of indie landfill.

Haha I mentioned one band subbing for Foo's rather than Kaisers!

Just for the record, I'm not one of these arseholes limited to one genre of music and I appreciate that the lineup is never going to suit everyone and I'd go Glastonbury regardless of headliners/subs etc anyway... it's just I do really dislike Coldplay/ Adele/ Sheeran/ Gaga haha.

I imagine similar things were being said when Kanye was announced which I was thrilled with! I guess variety is the spice of life!

47 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Have to disagree with a few points there. Firstly the likes of Gaga and Adele are infinitely more talented and creative than Lian Fray and his Merry Men. This is why they're internationally successful and why nobody outside the North West (not a dig Easty!) is interested in the Courteeners. Even The Sheeranator's output is more interesting than generic by the numbers indie sludge that they fart out.

Nah, the only reason lad rock isn't popular overseas is because nobody else has mastered the art of slinging cans of Carling round in yer parka on a Saturday night 

1 minute ago, EamerRed said:

What makes Foals so much better than Courteeners? It's nonsense. if you take away your stereotypes and your pre-made assertions, there's really nothing much to split them. It's just one band has a good reputation and the other doesn't. People love to slate Liam Fray but of all of the recent crop of indie bands his lyrics are the best imo.

Absolutely nothing to do with stereotypes or pre-made assumptions.

Total Life Forever makes Foals so much better than Courteeners.