Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I reckon the PSB you don't mean would be glorious headlining Pyramid. Shame they're nowhere near big enough. But could you imagine the signal bleeps from the moon ringing out over that field? 

I am sure he means the real PSB. 

In fact they are playing with Johnnie Marr and an orchestra at Royal Albert Hall. That would make a fantastic other stage headline act.

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I reckon the PSB you don't mean would be glorious headlining Pyramid. Shame they're nowhere near big enough. But could you imagine the signal bleeps from the moon ringing out over that field? 

The other PSB? Yes, it's a sin that they haven't headlined.

B)

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tell Shavo to his face you think his band is shit. Go on, say it right in his lunatic face.

If nu metal was a person that'd be him.

22 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

So another festival date announced for Tool, Boston Calling in May. 

i don't think Tool were ever gonna be likely - i imagine they're a big paycheck kind of band these days and i can't remember the last time i saw them do a festival they weren't headlining

NIN, on the other hand, now have a 2017 live date a month away from Glastonbury so i'm very much back in the 'it's on' court for them on the Saturday night

On 07/01/2017 at 8:16 PM, Huckleberry Finn said:

May have got this horribly wrong but are we struggling to come up with a long list of genuine contenders to headline The Other this year? Major Lazer and Alt-J have been suggested by many in the 'stage prediction' thread but few others. Just my interpretation.

The National

16 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

How about Iggy Pop? Fantastic back catalogue and if the rumours are true, very soon going to stop touring

I'd say the Iggster is custom designed for the Pyramid these days. Especially given the circumstances you've mentioned

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'd say the Iggster is custom designed for the Pyramid these days. Especially given the circumstances you've mentioned

I just hope they don't have the hump with him after the stage invasion in 2007. He's had dates around Glastonbury for the last few summers now and not been booked!

1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

Pendulum just posted a trailer for the summer come back , looks to be a big London date 

20170113_100915.png

I never got the appeal of post Hold Your Colour Pendulum personally. 

Is there any potential for Placebo to take a headlining spot? Don't know if they're big enough these days, but did recently do an arena tour.