Thank You eFestivals

stuartbert two hats

What tips and tricks from here helped your festival this year?  I have a few:

Boots

After moaning about Glastonbury toe, I got some decent advice.  These boots were simply the most grippy, sturdy things I've ever worn.  Probably not worth quite the amount I paid, but still good.  I only fell over once, but that was when I was pulling some serious shapes at Arcadia.  I always felt stable, so thanks!

L37325900.jpg

Tent

This thread says it all.  I've given my in-depth review on there - basically it worked, I got more sleep and was much more cheerful as a result!

Meetups

I didn't manage to make the main meet, but did go to the NFR NFC meet on Thursday, and borrowed a hat or two:

DSC_0564-ANIMATION.thumb.gif.5b13bd70ae7

Best For Last

This one goes without saying ;)

ZElQhON.jpg

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tip or trick but from spending time on the forum I've got to know some fab people and cannot wait to go to the meet up next year. There's a great community spirit here. 

Edited by cb4747
My spelling was shocking.

I didn't get to go this year but am aiming to go next year. My MO is;

BOOTS - Brasher Superlites with additional spongy inserts in them. It's like wearing slippers.

TENT - 4 man double skinned pop up.

MEET UPS -  You've just got to go to the meet up's. It's the law.

BEST FOR LAST - I don't normally carry a day bag around with me so toilets aren't a big where do I put my bag crisis.

when i read the title of this post i thought it was Mr Two Hats signing off for good for some reason (giving up the festival life, or worse). thank god that's not the case

walkings boots and hanging your bag on the toilet thing are the main two that spring to mind, although i'm sure there are a ton more things. i think i'd be a much less prepared person for festivals and possibly even enjoy them less if it wasn't for this forum!

I got so very lost trying to find the meet up. I'm sure the beer/gin id consumed that day had absolutely nothing to do with it ;)

I wouldn't have been there without this community so I have HUGE thanks to go out!!! 

Edited by Lucy92

For me the best tips were as follows

milk thistle and dioralyte before bed, not one hangover this year!

investing in good socks, even with wellies only suffered a numb big toe.

wristband on the non wiping hand, had never even thought about that before !

cheers!

25 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

What the fuck was everyone doing it with their bag before?? Clutching it while sitting?? Risking the floor? Making little loo roll platforms for it? Squeezing it next to you and hoping it didn't topple in when you forgot to hold it standing up? Making your mates hold it? 

Mine normally sat in my lap.  Like a small child, but full of cider and rum.  So a lot like me as a small child really.

Best advice I've probably had was around late nights.  Spent my first few times running around like a headless chicken or stuck in SE corner, but conversations on here pointed me in the directions of far more enjoyable shenanigans.

Edited by Quark

37 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A top hat.

I think I was stood next to you (or an imposter wearing two hats) watching Mik Artistic in the Theatre fields at the Gateway thingy.  I didn't realise until later - I was somewhat pissed at the time.

Edited by stuwilky

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A top hat.

I recall reading you wear two hats as you got badly sun burnt in 2010?

Have you noticed that since you started doing this it has rained lots, especially this year.

So next year please can you sacrifice your scalp and wear no hats so we might have some sunshine :)

thanks to the beverage of choice thread, the pineapple gin was brilliant. Plus white russians - superb way to start the day.

My blueberry vodka (made of the idea of pineapple gin) worked out so well I've now got another batch along with black cherry.

Secret set peeps - massive thanks

Camping gear - again - the lenor bottle a brilliant idea!

Plus the music threads helping to steer me in the right direction.

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

when i read the title of this post i thought it was Mr Two Hats signing off for good for some reason (giving up the festival life, or worse). thank god that's not the case

No intention of giving up for good, glad to hear that's a relief :)

30 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I recall reading you wear two hats as you got badly sun burnt in 2010?

Have you noticed that since you started doing this it has rained lots, especially this year.

So next year please can you sacrifice your scalp and wear no hats so we might have some sunshine :)

Nope, 2004.  I was caught off guard by it being a windy, but sunny one (and 2l bottles of Brothers)

30 minutes ago, stuwilky said:

I think I was stood next to you (or an imposter wearing two hats) watching Mik Artistic in the Theatre fields at the Gateway thingy.  I didn't realise until later - I was somewhat pissed at the time.

I don't think that was me.  The only time I saw something at the Theatre fields, I was sat down for 10 mins and I don't think it was Mik Artistik.  It's a trend, you see ;)

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

't think that was me.  The only time I saw something at the Theatre fields, I was sat down for 10 mins and I don't think it was Mik Artistik.  It's a trend, you see ;)

:lol: My other half thought I was very odd when I suddenly burst out with "Im pretty sure that was Mr Twohats from efestivals"