Pilton Locals

Ohinever

36 minutes ago, at_derby77 said:

The shop and the pub were paid by the festival to close? I dont understand, why would the festival do this?

I'm pretty sure she means just during the festival. When the super fence first went up they practically made Pilton a no-go area. For legitimate reasons. I'm sure the locals could tell you horror stories of the hoards traipsing through their gardens (& worse). It had to stop.
Anybody walking in the village (especially if they had a back pack) would be questioned by security. The shop & pub could have been used as an excuse to be there.

Unsure, but from vague memory think the landlord was offered a bar on site to run as compensation.

@deebeedoobeeAre you all given ID lanyards to prove you're villagers?

Edited by Dave F.

19 minutes ago, Dave F. said:

I'm pretty sure she means just during the festival. When the super fence first went up they practically made Pilton a no-go area. For legitimate reasons. I'm sure the locals could tell you horror stories of the hoards traipsing through their gardens (& worse). It had to stop.
Anybody walking in the village (especially if they had a back pack) would be questioned by security. The shop & pub could have been used as an excuse to be there.

Unsure, but from vague memory think the landlord was offered a bar on site to run as compensation.

No we don't get lanyards we get village passes for the cars and village pass for villagers car park.

2 hours ago, Dave F. said:

We have village tickets. Look the same as normal ones but have a big v on them. Means we get to enter through our own gate.

And yes sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant the festival paid for the pub and shop to close during the festival as compensation . They didn't pay the last landlord as they were not best of pals shall we say. Shop gets offered extra tickets if they have a mast put on the roof but current owners refused.

44 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We have village tickets. Look the same as normal ones but have a big v on them. Means we get to enter through our own gate.

And yes sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant the festival paid for the pub and shop to close during the festival as compensation . They didn't pay the last landlord as they were not best of pals shall we say. Shop gets offered extra tickets if they have a mast put on the roof but current owners refused.

Mast? A mobile signal mast or a ships mast ? :-)