Biggles

FuzzyDunlop

Well last year there was a big campaign to get them to play the Pyramid stage as Jock had terminal inoperable cancer apparently, so it was going to be their last appearance. Luckily it appears he didn't!

This year they just sound like they can't hack the mud and conditions anymore:

Well, This years Glastonbury was the toughest ever. I`m not sure if I was the lucky one or the unlucky.
I`m normally on site, at least by the Tuesday, therefore I`m not competing for space with the punters, but this year I had a hospital appointment ( which had already been delayed once) plus I also had a gig on the Tues night.
My plan was to get as far as I could down the roads, until I felt to knackered & then park up & kip, then carry on, suitably refreshed & sail onto the site, in plenty of time for the first gig @ half two! By taking the dreaded toll road on the M6, we managed to avoid the road closure, on that road. Only to join the M5 & find they had a road closure as well. That negociated we sailed on down through Brizzol, `til we came to stop approx 4 miles North of Shepton Mallet. After many hours of sitting & dozing in this tediously slow moving trail of vehicles, we finally got down to a side road where I opted to outflank those fools in front of us. My plan was to take these little back roads, thro` a couple of villages & then rejoin the main road South of our enterance. Hopefully not incurring such heavy volumes of traffic.
All was to no avail. `Cos we were in a campervan we were directed onto the Bath & West Showground ( This also is the Drop off point for the Festival). As it had now passed midday, we opted to take our instruments & get on the Shuttle bus. Unfortunately the wait for the bus was 3 hours, but we managed to blag our way onto the first bus. The bus depot for the festival could not have been placed any further away from where we were playing if they tried. So now, instruments in hand we truddged through the sludge & slime to arrive at The Croissant Neuf Bandstand with 20 minites to spare.
Having witnessed the state of the site I deceided to leave my van where it was & just travel in & out on the shuttle bus as and when required. Luckily Sally had been kind to us & only arranged the Weds gig & one gig after our traditional Sunday Service. Steve, had us play on The Maket Bandstand on the Saturday. So, we ended up with time off ( Can`t be for good behavior ) but it allowed me to recuperate a bit.
Graham couldn`t make it to most of the gigs because his feet were swollen & he daren`t risk infection thro` all the mud.
I believe Dave`s cars engine blew up on the way home.
I`m a bit fitter after having to plough thro` all the shi**, but the venue where I get to do my solo gigs has been sold, so I don`t know what the situation is with that.
I may leave it `til at least November before I broach the subject of, "Would you like to do it again?"
Once again a big thanks to all our fans who helped me raise a goodly sum for my local Hospice, but you may have witnessed the last appearance of Biggles Wartime Band & also Jolly Jock @ Glastonbury Festivals. Cheers

That's a real shame, Biggles was the first band I saw at Glasto many years ago, that was a muddy one as well. Really enjoyed the set this year and as previously said it isn't Wednesday at Glasto without Biggles. Here's hoping for next year.