Stolen passport at the festival!

Brandy S

I know this is a one-in-a-million chance, and even if I did get it back now it doesn't matter, but I had my passport stolen from me at the festival (I'm from the US), and I'm wondering if anyone heard something from someone who saw something who heard something from this other guy who heard who did it.  I didn't let it ruin my time, but having a looming 7:45 am embassy appointment in the back of my mind all weekend wasn't too cool either... or having to waste half of one of my days traipsing two hours through mud to find the god damn place to file a police report.  They came in my tent during the night at some point and grabbed a purse (and my friend's bag too as well as the bags of many people in surrounding tents, the fuckwads), presumably hoping for cash, but just got my passport that I've been travelling with non-stop for work and pleasure for years and had every page filled to the brim with stamps -- and memories!  

Anyway like I said, one-in-a-million chance, but there ya go.  If anyone knows of someone who jacked some bags from tents and ended up with an adorable black Kate Spade purse with only a United States passport in it, please let me know, thank you!  And also let them know they're gigantic pieces of shit and I had to waste my last day in London at the US Embassy getting an emergency passport so I could go home.  And FUCK. YOU.  Yeah.  I think that's the message I'd like conveyed ;) 

Thanks..  that feels better!

Yeah, definitely did try there.  No luck.  Learned my lesson and will be using property lock-up FOR SURE if I go again.  I was staying in an absolutely gigantic tent my group deemed "the mothership," and these fools had to go through three "doors" to get into my pod and reach into the corner to get my purse.  Goes to show my naivety I guess, I really thought my stuff would be safe.  : ::cue sad trombone music:: : 

Edited by Brandy S

Sorry to hear this, the annoying thing is they probably just chucked it in the bin. If they'd thrown it on the floor it would have found it's way back to you for sure.

Sadly even at glastonbury there are still pieces of shit like this.

Don't beat yourself up about not using the lockups. The blame lies entirely with the wretched thief, not the victim of the crime.

Good luck getting this back, and I'm glad it didn't ruin your festival.

During the festival I found a phone in Bloc 9, and then proceeded to lose mine about 20 minutes later. Luckily I found my phone by using the one I found to ring it. It was actually under some wood chip, and I never would have found it if it wasn't ringing (my girlfriend managed to leave her phone at home, so it was the only one we had between us). I then managed to return the one I found via a campsite crew after I text some of the numbers on it. Good news all round. Hopefully it rubs off and you get reunited with your passport.

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Good luck getting this back, and I'm glad it didn't ruin your festival.

During the festival I found a phone in Bloc 9, and then proceeded to lose mine about 20 minutes later. Luckily I found my phone by using the one I found to ring it. It was actually under some wood chip, and I never would have found it if it wasn't ringing (my girlfriend managed to leave her phone at home, so it was the only one we had between us). I then managed to return the one I found via a campsite crew after I text some of the numbers on it. Good news all round. Hopefully it rubs off and you get reunited with your passport.

Haha what a great story!  Thanks for the good vibes :)

You guys -- I got an email today from lost property.  THEY FOUND MY BAG, with my passport in it, and my deceased grandfather's ring that I wear (I only today realized that was gone and lost it all over again x10000).

I can't believe it!  Thanks for good vibes sent out, it worked :)

Edited by Brandy S

5 minutes ago, Brandy S said:

You guys -- I got an email today from lost property.  THEY FOUND BAG, with my passport in it, and my deceased grandfather's ring that I wear (I only today realized that was gone and lost it all over again x10000).

I'm all out of upvotes today, but that is bloody brilliant news.  So happy for you, especially about the ring :yahoo:

4 hours ago, Brandy S said:

You guys -- I got an email today from lost property.  THEY FOUND MY BAG, with my passport in it, and my deceased grandfather's ring that I wear (I only today realized that was gone and lost it all over again x10000).

This is great news!! I had tent theft on first night too my new phone and camera but don't expect to see them ever again unfortunately :( 

3 hours ago, Brandy S said:

Super News - many years ago { in the 80's } I spotted two jokers who were opening up tents and then claiming they had made a mistake if there was someone inside - they were clearly at it and so I went to speak to them and they took off - I chased them and not being very bright they stuck together and even ran past their secret stash { which was next to a hedge } so I stopped chasing them and asked a girlfriend to go to the farmhouse { this is before Police patrolled the site } while I waited just in case they came back - they appeared to have stolen all sorts of random things { which was a surprise as I would have assumed they would have been far more selective } - anyway Security came up in a van and they moved all the stuff - now I have no clue if people got their stuff back but they did make announcement in that field asking people to go to the farmhouse if they had lost anything - so theft is not new to Glastonbury but at least now people can protect their items by using the all important festival lockups.

your story has made my day.