2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He didn't seem to have any problem with Lil Wayne's inclusion in that wishlist. :P

I hadn't heard anything by him so couldn't pass comment. I've since rectified that and can confirm it wasn't great.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

A Pyramid headliner i want to see would be a good start. Then the usual....

Butch Walker, Jesse Malin, The Hold Steady, The Pogues, Elbow, Counting Crows, Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Horrible Crows, The Specials, if not Neville Staple, Aretha Franklin, Barsteward Sons of Val Doonican, Alice Cooper, Danny and The Champions of The World, Cracker, CVB, The Decemberists, St Paul and The Broken Bones (on Avalon or similar this time), The Quireboys, Toots and The Maytals and Keith Richards.

The Black Crowes! Forgot about them, they'd be great, have they ever done it before?

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The Black Crowes! Forgot about them, they'd be great, have they ever done it before?

Sadly unlikely...

"On January 15, 2015, Rich Robinson announced the third breakup of the band, due to a disagreement with brother Chris Robinson over an alleged proposal regarding ownership of the band. In an interview, drummer Steve Gorman indicated that prior to the breakup, the Black Crowes had been discussing a tour."

but always hope for the Chis Robinson Band.

They've got a fairly big European tour in the autumn, finishing at Bristol in Dec I think. Not Pyramid material thank God! Personally I think they'd be atmospheric as fook in JP.

Bit like Editors, their songs and sound just don't have the same effect in broad daylight on the Other, but wouldn't complain if they ended up there.

Edited by Quark

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bit like Editors, their songs and sound just don't have the same effect in broad daylight on the Other, but wouldn't complain if they ended up there.

They played a couple of years ago on the Other at like 2pm or something and were in fine form. I guess the edge they have on Editors is that they don't perform Editors songs. :newrussian:

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They played a couple of years ago on the Other at like 2pm or something and were in fine form. I guess the edge they have on Editors is that they don't perform Editors songs. :newrussian:

Take that Editors!

Don't get me wrong I'm sure they would still be good, but I'd just think the songs fit better on a covered stage. However if they get 2nd or 3rd down then the late sun would work too.

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Headlined in 1993

But yeah, broken up / hiatus.  Seems like some very bad blood this time, so about as likely as that Oasis reunion (ie unlikely but not impossible and probably a few years off).

Add me to the list of people wanting The National. Watched them at Latitude this Saturday, before that I thought they were a decent band with some decent albums, but unremarkable in the grand scheme of things. What I saw was two thirds very good live rock band, one third outstanding and transcendent pinnacle of indie rock music. As a whole, a brilliant night. 

On 16 July 2016 at 3:59 PM, Gnomicide said:

A tremendous list from Perks with the unfathomable inclusion of the bloody Pet Shop Boys.

Thought you loved the pet shop boys Gnom, they were in my list just for you.

yeah @Quark The Skints are awesome, that was great at the Gully last year, went from Motörhead to the skints, I flippen love Glastonbury. I really thought they'd be back this year, let's hope they return next. 

11 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

GET SUFJAN ON THE PYRAMID IN 2017!

Imagine getting your groove on to that in the afternoon sunshine, what a way to start the day that would be.

If he did play Pyramid, how high would he be? 5th down or something? Similar slot to Patti last year on Sunday afternoon could be nice.

Radiohead

The Cure

Sufjan Stevens

Dark Dark Dark

The Maccabees

Laura Marling

The National

Lana Del Rey

Lorde

Bright Eyes

Lykke Li

EMA