2017 Wish Lists

Winslow Leach

Some quality suggestions, kudos @dreadwing Nearly stole your list

Off the top of me noggin.. and..after I've secured a golden ticket

Levs, FD, Skints, Bar Steward Sons, Blockheads, Billy Talent, Less than Jake, Lil Wayne, Hilltop Hoods, Juno Reactor, Pogues, Rev and the Makers, Steel Pulse, Damien Marley, Flogging Molly, Jamie T, Pet Shop Boys, Kimya Dawson, badbadnotgood, Tori Amos, Lancashire Hotpots, Rage Against the Machine. cosmosis.

reading that back, if I got anymore than 3, I'd be lucky (inc my ticket) 

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Pyramid headliner i want to see would be a good start. Then the usual....

Butch Walker, Jesse Malin, The Hold Steady, The Pogues, Elbow, Counting Crows, Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Horrible Crows, The Specials, if not Neville Staple, Aretha Franklin, Barsteward Sons of Val Doonican, Alice Cooper, Danny and The Champions of The World, Cracker, CVB, The Decemberists, St Paul and The Broken Bones (on Avalon or similar this time), The Quireboys, Toots and The Maytals and Keith Richards.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A Pyramid headliner i want to see would be a good start. Then the usual....

Butch Walker, Jesse Malin, The Hold Steady, The Pogues, Elbow, Counting Crows, Black Crowes, Sheryl Crow, Horrible Crows, The Specials, if not Neville Staple, Aretha Franklin, Barsteward Sons of Val Doonican, Alice Cooper, Danny and The Champions of The World, Cracker, CVB, The Decemberists, St Paul and The Broken Bones (on Avalon or similar this time), The Quireboys, Toots and The Maytals and Keith Richards.

Good choice!

47 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Faster Pussycat are available.

Faster Pussycat are always available. Bit light on bookings these days.

And great shout on Skints @Perks. Saw them in the Gully 2015, and bloody good they were too. Had the guys from Slaves crowdsurfing if my addled brain remembers correctly.

4 hours ago, Perks said:

Some quality suggestions, kudos @dreadwing Nearly stole your list

Off the top of me noggin.. and..after I've secured a golden ticket

Levs, FD, Skints, Bar Steward Sons, Blockheads, Billy Talent, Less than Jake, Lil Wayne, Hilltop Hoods, Juno Reactor, Pogues, Rev and the Makers, Steel Pulse, Damien Marley, Flogging Molly, Jamie T, Pet Shop Boys, Kimya Dawson, badbadnotgood, Tori Amos, Lancashire Hotpots, Rage Against the Machine. cosmosis.

reading that back, if I got anymore than 3, I'd be lucky (inc my ticket) 

A tremendous list from Perks with the unfathomable inclusion of the bloody Pet Shop Boys.

26 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A tremendous list from Perks with the unfathomable inclusion of the bloody Pet Shop Boys.

Really? Would love to see them, missed the 2010 set. What's the beef with PSB Gnomicide?

And missed Flogging Molly in there Perks, another great call. If we can get them and Dropkick Murphys the world will be well.

They had one or two half decent songs when they started but man alive, they've produced some shite since. A downward trajectory in quality only normally seen in movie franchises and Coldplay albums but where the starting point was 'alright'.

Their last two singles were so poor I find it hard to believe even long term fans would find them acceptable. Teeth meltingly awful.

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

He's not a rockist. He listens to all types of music. As long as it's drums, bass, one or two guitars and a vocalist. Keyboard optional. :P

Guilty as charged :D

Nowt wrong with keyboards, they have their place, love some good piano. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

They had one or two half decent songs when they started but man alive, they've produced some shite since. A downward trajectory in quality only normally seen in movie franchises and Coldplay albums but where the starting point was 'alright'.

Their last two singles were so poor I find it hard to believe even long term fans would find them acceptable. Teeth meltingly awful.

My favourite Pet Shop Boys song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wqfcwgT0Ds

Hehehe. I'm properly buzzing at the thought of seeing the Pet Shop Boys this December in Moscow, but would love, even more, to see them back at Glastonbury next year. 2010 was phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hehehe. I'm properly buzzing at the thought of seeing the Pet Shop Boys this December in Moscow, but would love, even more, to see them back at Glastonbury next year. 2010 was phenomenal.

As much as I'm not a 'fan', as a kid West End Girls piqued my interest in music. I even remember where I was the first time I heard it. 

*Adopts Scottish accent*

"On that basis...I'm in!"

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

As much as I'm not a 'fan', as a kid West End Girls piqued my interest in music. I even remember where I was the first time I heard it. 

*Adopts Scottish accent*

"On that basis...I'm in!"

I read that as you had a Scottish accent the first time you heard it.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Missing that to see Muse was the point I realised I needed to do more of my own thing with headliners at Glastonbury and not worry so much about staying with the group. Hard lesson.