Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

18 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Ha ha, you're not selling this to me 

:-) Seriously, he's huge in Belgium but I find him terribly boring. Belgian radiostations have been hyping him for years now. Sold out big arena's in Belgium, headlining (closing) Pukkelpop last year. Hope he'll play the Barn during Radiohead, but wouldn't be amazed if he subs for Radiohead considdering his popularity in Belgium. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love Oscar and the Wolf. I was very sad I missed it on 2014. I believe however that there WILL be an announcement next friday. they wouldnt wait 5 weeks for just one name...right?

43 minutes ago, nickybu said:

Where are Alt J playing? Hoping they won't clash with Foos.

Also, what are the likes of Placebo, Royal Blood, Moderat, Anderson .Pakk playing this year?

I dont see Royal Blood happening this year. They played (twice) in RW 2014. Shame though, as they were great.

58 minutes ago, nickybu said:

Where are Alt J playing? Hoping they won't clash with Foos.

Also, what are the likes of Placebo, Royal Blood, Moderat, Anderson .Pakk playing this year?

Placebo is headlining Les Ardentes in Belgium. So, no chance...

Moderat is playing Roskilde, big chance they'll be added. Would be a great Klub C closer

Wouldn't rule out Royal Blood, but Pukkelpop has got a bigger chance of getting them

Anderson Paak is touring America all summer. 

40 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

In Facebook  is said that he will close the Barn.

38 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

I read the announcement as he's headlining the barn 

The announcement is only about the last two performances, in The Barn in 2014 and the next year (2015). I expect they'll be on main stage now. Question is, will they be sub or one spot earlier? With The Killers as sub for instance?

3 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Placebo is headlining Les Ardentes in Belgium. So, no chance...

Moderat is playing Roskilde, big chance they'll be added. Would be a great Klub C closer

Wouldn't rule out Royal Blood, but Pukkelpop has got a bigger chance of getting them

Anderson Paak is touring America all summer. 

Anderson .Paak plays Down The Rabbit Hole in Holland the week before Werchter. I expect him to be present at RW as well. 

Edited by visdave34

So The Killers, several names or The Weeknd next friday ? (or something else)

OATW are not in my tastes but they had a huge success last time they played here, and it's still a very strong name. We're going straight to one of the best line-ups of Rock Werchter.

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

So The Killers, several names or The Weeknd next friday ? (or something else)

OATW are not in my tastes but they had a huge success last time they played here, and it's still a very strong name. We're going straight to one of the best line-ups of Rock Werchter.

Is there no chance the first announcement will start this Friday? To be fair it's probably for the best if not as we aren't getting tickets until 28th so don't want too many reasons for it to sell out.

Would The Weeknd play The Barn, surely a Radiohead/Foos sub headline slot doesnt really fit? Hopefully Royal Blood are added on the Saturday with Foo Fighters, they dont have any European dates yet but with the album coming out surely it's only a matter of time.

Really excited to see what RW has to offer for my first time, Foos, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Alt-J and Blink is already cause to be optimistic about the rest, am I right in saying there's the main stage, The Barn and then 'Klub C' which is a mainly for the dance acts?

11 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Is there no chance the first announcement will start this Friday? To be fair it's probably for the best if not as we aren't getting tickets until 28th so don't want too many reasons for it to sell out.

Would The Weeknd play The Barn, surely a Radiohead/Foos sub headline slot doesnt really fit? Hopefully Royal Blood are added on the Saturday with Foo Fighters, they dont have any European dates yet but with the album coming out surely it's only a matter of time.

Really excited to see what RW has to offer for my first time, Foos, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Alt-J and Blink is already cause to be optimistic about the rest, am I right in saying there's the main stage, The Barn and then 'Klub C' which is a mainly for the dance acts?

Main stage I found was generally rock depending on what bands are touring and whether they need to bulk out the rck which don't seem to be the case this year ... pop / smaller dance acts / alternative in barn / klub c plus usually a dace act after headliner weeknd could pay the slot pharell had a few years back.

Everyone saying weeknd wouldn't play Barn due to position in other fest ... I would assume some announcements on Friday oatw is not enough after the wait we have had!!!

18 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Main stage I found was generally rock depending on what bands are touring and whether they need to bulk out the rck which don't seem to be the case this year ... pop / smaller dance acts / alternative in barn / klub c plus usually a dace act after headliner weeknd could pay the slot pharell had a few years back.

Everyone saying weeknd wouldn't play Barn due to position in other fest ... I would assume some announcements on Friday oatw is not enough after the wait we have had!!!

Thanks! I'll take a look at some clashfinders from recent years but the acts so far are very impressive, The Killers being added would be the icing on the cake for me.

I was thinking that... presumably if OATW is a favourite in Belgium they have chosen to give him a couple of days in the limelight as a solo announcement, because otherwise he might get lost in the pile of 8-10 acts? Here's hoping anyway!

I see usually the first announcement in the new year is a bunch of names. So it seems very plausible that they will still release the usual friday announcement.I don't think they would announce more than 4-5 names though

However, they changed the cover photo on facebook and put the whole line up on it. I don't know how much sense would make to change it for just one act and a couple of days. 

I think it's 50-50 that we will get another announcement this week or not.

Le: another thing that went through my mind while I went to bathroom (lol). It seems possible that the killers could be the friday announcement this week. They clearly are a huge name so they would deserve a sperate announcement, but don't really boost sales in belgium due to lack of popularity. This way they separate two big announcements(in their own ways) and somehow appeal to both belgian and abroad market in the same week...

Edited by neacaisa

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Hahahaha right ok, I guess it could be anyone then!

Jessie J was meant to play before Enter Shikari in 2015.

Also I loved last year when Ellie Goulding finished her set thanking all her uber fans at the front for "waiting out all day". Camera cut to the front and it was all 60 year old men in Paul McCartney shirts. Another fun placement!

Totally offtopic, but I would like to ask if there is some kind of "meeting place" for lonely wanderers, who goes to the festival for the first time.

I've been to Sziget festival for five times and this year I decided to quit our group and stop paying for horrible EDM mainstream lineup and chose the RW with its massive lineup instead. Unfortunately none of my friends share the vision and are all over the "Sziget Island hype".

Thanks for the info!

19 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Totally offtopic, but I would like to ask if there is some kind of "meeting place" for lonely wanderers, who goes to the festival for the first time.

I've been to Sziget festival for five times and this year I decided to quit our group and stop paying for horrible EDM mainstream lineup and chose the RW with its massive lineup instead. Unfortunately none of my friends share the vision and are all over the "Sziget Island hype".

Thanks for the info!

Everyone is incredibly friendly I found I'm sure you'll meet people instantly ... 

48 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Thanks for the info!

Rock Werchter is a very relax, chill festival, with a very good vibe and friendly people. Pratically all the Belgians speak English and there's a big percentage of "foreign"-visitors. Like Skankhunt said: I'm sure you'll meet people instantly. I don't know if you booked your stay, but if you haven't... When you're (still) young and don't mind a lot of people around you, i'd suggest you stay at the Hive camping which opens on wednesday. Easy to meet and mingle, every night there's a closing party. so you can start on wednesday with making new friends! 

Edited by DaveRSV4