Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

Bit of a daft question but can you take metal thermos flasks into the fest. (the sort you'd use for coffee) Got me a hankerin' for some whiskey this weekend!

You can take them into the campsite but unfortunately not on the festival area. They don't even accept a water bottle so I wouldn't even try taking a thermos haha.

Also note to everyone: if you want to take deodorant with you in the festival area, only small bottles are allowed! Last year they took away my only bottle on the first day because apparently it was too big...

1 minute ago, ThijsDB said:

You can take them into the campsite but unfortunately not on the festival area. They don't even accept a water bottle so I wouldn't even try taking a thermos haha.

Also note to everyone: if you want to take deodorant with you in the festival area, only small bottles are allowed! Last year they took away my only bottle on the first day because apparently it was too big...

Yeah, I meant camping. Thank you :)

Hi all,

Really stoked for my first RW! I'm hopping on Eurostar tomorrow to head across for the full weekend, and will be camping in Hive. I'm heading to RW on my own though, so if there's any kind of efests meet-up or if anybody else fancies some company, drop me a message/PM - would be great to find some people to hang out with!

Cheers,

21 minutes ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

Anyone know anything about this bus driver strike?

As far as i can gather it won't affect RW, but has anyone local heard anything different? 

It can affect the festival as far as a know, but tomorrow and Thuesday there will be no problems. It might occur in the weekend, but they are trying to avoid the strike. This is typically Belgium btw. Those bussdrivers/traindrivers are always puttin down the work on the WORST possible time. Don't understand for what reason tho, they just need to drive a bus or train. (no offence).

12 minutes ago, stiltzkin said:

Hi all,

Really stoked for my first RW! I'm hopping on Eurostar tomorrow to head across for the full weekend, and will be camping in Hive. I'm heading to RW on my own though, so if there's any kind of efests meet-up or if anybody else fancies some company, drop me a message/PM - would be great to find some people to hang out with!

Cheers,

Scroll back in here. There's a WhatsApp group for lone festival goers. 

Getting super excited! Was wondering whether my friends will be able to save me a place to pitch my tent. They arrive tomorrow at around 9pm and I arrive on the 29th at like 11am. Do you think there will be enough space for them to try save another spot?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Brent3 said:

It can affect the festival as far as a know, but tomorrow and Thuesday there will be no problems. It might occur in the weekend, but they are trying to avoid the strike. This is typically Belgium btw. Those bussdrivers/traindrivers are always puttin down the work on the WORST possible time. Don't understand for what reason tho, they just need to drive a bus or train. (no offence).

So this would possibly affect the festival bus to and from the site and Leuven? 

Or is it just local services?

cheers

9 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Can anyone give me travel advice for this?

Getting the train to Amsterdam on the Monday after the festival as its easier for us to fly home from Amsterdam and why wouldn't you want to take that trip home. Do we get a train straight from Leuven to the border, have to get off and then pay for another ticket or can we pay for a ticket from the border to amsterdam while on the train?

Any help is much appreciated.

I've done this journey a few times after PKP. Not sure of your exact route but I go to Antwerp and then catch the Amsterdam train from there (it's the same one that comes from Brussels). Your RW ticket will cover you to the last station in Belgium (Essen) so you need to buy a ticket from Essen to Amsterdam - I usually get mine in Antwerp. DO NOT try and buy a ticket on the train as they don't operate that system over there. You will be charged something silly like 3 times the fare as a 'fine' for not having a valid ticket.

You might find you need to change trains just over the border to get the one to Amsterdam. The station is Roosendaal and it's just a case of going from one platform to another - check when you get on the train in Belgium whether you have to or not.

hello everyone - I'm just wondering about the alcohol being served at the festival. I read somewhere that they only sell beer and wine in the arena, and no spirits! Is this correct? I only really drink spirits and will struggle to get to where i want to be if there is only lager/wine on sale :(

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

I've done this journey a few times after PKP. Not sure of your exact route but I go to Antwerp and then catch the Amsterdam train from there (it's the same one that comes from Brussels). Your RW ticket will cover you to the last station in Belgium (Essen) so you need to buy a ticket from Essen to Amsterdam - I usually get mine in Antwerp. DO NOT try and buy a ticket on the train as they don't operate that system over there. You will be charged something silly like 3 times the fare as a 'fine' for not having a valid ticket.

You might find you need to change trains just over the border to get the one to Amsterdam. The station is Roosendaal and it's just a case of going from one platform to another - check when you get on the train in Belgium whether you have to or not.

Cheers mate, From what it looks like theres a train that goes directly from Leuven to Antwerp and then we'll just get the train to Amsterdam via Schipol from there. The routes with the least changes seem to take the shortest time but considering last year at WAE in Eindhoven we managed to get a train that took nearly 3 hours and went to every single city bar Amsterdam in Holland and have also managed to take an accidental scenic detour via Liege at PKP im sure we could maybe survive.

Heres hoping for the weather!

Ed Sheeran playing festival park 1st July 2018. Not sure if that'll be a standalone concert or rock werchter as I don't think the dates are out for 2018 yet but it's the usual werchter dates however they might change the date of the festival due to Glastonbury not being on next year. 

12 hours ago, Semprini said:

Get the International Intercity at XX.45 every hour from Antwerp Central and it's direct to Amsterdam. It was necessary to change in Roosendaal a couple of years ago for while when they tried introducing a new high-speed train and it was a disaster (trains broke down, bits fell off onto the track), but that's fixed now (or at least, they put the old trains back in service).

15 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

I have a question in regards to the train and that's mostly because I feel like I'm missing something here. I see that I have to change the train in Brussel-Zuid. Is there really no direct train?

It's a bit hard for anyone to answer this one as you didn't say where you are starting from...

2 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

It's a bit hard for anyone to answer this one as you didn't say where you are starting from...

Yes, it slipped my mind. :)) I landed on Charleroi, but I'm already on the train to Leuven now.

Thanks anyway!

10 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Cheers mate, From what it looks like theres a train that goes directly from Leuven to Antwerp and then we'll just get the train to Amsterdam via Schipol from there. The routes with the least changes seem to take the shortest time but considering last year at WAE in Eindhoven we managed to get a train that took nearly 3 hours and went to every single city bar Amsterdam in Holland and have also managed to take an accidental scenic detour via Liege at PKP im sure we could maybe survive.

Heres hoping for the weather!

You are correct.

Dutch trains often go around the houses to get to the end destination at weekends (or you wind up on a bus) due to engineering works, but on a Monday (and specifically next Monday) you shouldn't have a problem.

And best of luck with the weather, but I'm not sure that's going to help much looking out of the window...! Looks like most days you should be able to dodge the raindrops, but you may need to take shelter on the Saturday.

Edited by Trufflehound