Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gray Owl said:

Thaaank you! Do you have them minion sized? :))

I found some nice ones online. and they're not that expensive, just in case we'll need any... http://be.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-wellington-junior-boots-094066?colcode=09406603

I'll check them tonight. I also have some solution to make the boots water resistant. Dunno why I'm like this about the rain... it's not like the flood is coming.

hahah minion sized...brilliant...honestly...i would buy it on site...weather has been really good...and the possibility of rain is not quite sure...if it does pour down id imagine it to be pretty mild...save yourself the hassle of carrying it with you...on site it may cost you 2 euros more...or take a candle rub it all over your shoes and then use your hair dryer and there you go instant rainproof.

1 minute ago, Rou said:

hahah minion sized...brilliant...honestly...i would buy it on site...weather has been really good...and the possibility of rain is not quite sure...if it does pour down id imagine it to be pretty mild...save yourself the hassle of carrying it with you...on site it may cost you 2 euros more...or take a candle rub it all over your shoes and then use your hair dryer and there you go instant rainproof.

Hairdryer? Good one as I didn't really thought about getting that one with me.

And even if I wanted to, taking into consideration that it's 34 degrees here in Bucharest, the wellies stocks have melted.

6 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Hairdryer? Good one as I didn't really thought about getting that one with me.

And even if I wanted to, taking into consideration that it's 34 degrees here in Bucharest, the wellies stocks have melted.

you can do it at home and then come along ;)

anyway for anyone who wants to join us...we have a group of around 40 of us from this forum who are going to rock wrechter...

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EYskChIJABD0JjYCEh3uVQ 

thats the whatsapp group.

im going with 3 mates and if anyone is camping in the hive and other areas too. free to join up there...

Hey all,

I am not taking wellies for the following reasons (all personal preference of course and call me crazy if you must!)

1. It looks like light showers on most of the weather websites i have looked at rather than rain all day and on most of those the precipitation change is only like 60%, so its almost a 50/50 chance of a shower and weather forecasts always strike me as pessimistic!

2. Hasn't the weather been baking hot and dry recently in Belgium (like most of europe) which leads me to think the ground is currently going to be bone dry like here in the UK. It'll probably take a few pretty heavy showers before we the water table high enough to see any sloppy mud.(actually a shower might not be bad anyway to prevent a dustbowl!)

3. All 3 stages have flooring, which minimises mud and the road to the festival is tarmac, so its only really the campsite that would be a concern. I can battle the campsite with an old pair of trainers.

1 hour ago, JuBouBou said:

Hey Everyone!!

Looking forward enjoying the rain with you guys!!!

It will be my first Rock Werchter, and I wanted to know something that it is still unclear to me so far. Is bringing our own alcohols in the Hive camping allowed?

We have a 4-days pass + camping pass at the Hive and we want to bring some alcohol with us. Is it allowed? If yes, do we need to bring them in plastic bottle only ? 

Many thanks for the input guys!

Best,

Julien

Yes, in the hive you're own booze is allowed, best is to buy cans, or plastic, however no glass!

In case you want something stronger (vodka, Gin, etc..), like me, you need to transfer it in a plastic bottle... :) 

The official weather services in Belgium comes with the following chart for rain...

regen.PNG

Edited by Brent3

2 minutes ago, Brent3 said:

Yes, in the hive you're own booze is allowed, best is to buy cans, or plastic, however no glass!

In case you want something stronger (vodka, Gin, etc..), like me, you need to transfer it in a plastic bottle... :) 

Terrific! Thank you to confirm, this is what i thought, but I did not find a "proper" confirmation of it! 

Thanks++

8 minutes ago, Brent3 said:

Hi!

Is there somewhere to buy cans of beer near the festival grounds or should I get them in Leuven/Brussels?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, eoind said:

Hi!

Is there somewhere to buy cans of beer near the festival grounds or should I get them in Leuven/Brussels?

Thanks!

Get it in either.  At least that way you know you have before boarding shuttle bus to site

3 minutes ago, eoind said:

Hi!

Thanks!

There is a Delhaize in the town  'Haacht' aproxx 4.5 km from the festival site, they should have beer.

Delhaize is a bit expensiver than others tho

Landing in Brussels on Wednesday morning. Will I be better off nipping to the Decathlon in Brussels to get camping supplies or will Leuven have everything I need? That would be my only reason for going into Brussels because my train ticket is from the airport to Leuven. Needing a tent, mats etc. Cheers.

17 minutes ago, marinerbk said:

Landing in Brussels on Wednesday morning. Will I be better off nipping to the Decathlon in Brussels to get camping supplies or will Leuven have everything I need? That would be my only reason for going into Brussels because my train ticket is from the airport to Leuven. Needing a tent, mats etc. Cheers.

there is an As. Adventure in Leuven, they will have those supplies too.

https://www.asadventure.com/en.html

Radiohead and Foo Fighters smashed it at Glastonbury, although in a very different kind of way of course. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnake were very good, played with high energy as you can expect. The Pretenders were ace too. I also watched Whitney which was a nice way to start the day. 

I think you'll have a great Werchter this year!! 

Great to see you're all preparing for another epic festival! Here's a little something that will help you plan your festival, a much nicer version of the schedule provided by the festival. And it doesn't drain your battery or data plan! Find it here: /rw17print - for more info find us on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram! @BetterSchedule

RWscheduleprinted.jpg

Can anyone give me travel advice for this?

Getting the train to Amsterdam on the Monday after the festival as its easier for us to fly home from Amsterdam and why wouldn't you want to take that trip home. Do we get a train straight from Leuven to the border, have to get off and then pay for another ticket or can we pay for a ticket from the border to amsterdam while on the train?

Any help is much appreciated.