Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, McCallion said:

Just had a proper research, RW do an great job of hiding info on their website.

Campers with a camping The Hive ticket, a camping ticket for The Hive Resort or a camping ticket for The Hive Mobilhomes can already exchange their combi festival ticket for a combi festival bracelet on Wednesday, at the entrance of The Hive or The Hive Resort. Festivalgoers who already have their bracelet on their wrists, can use the fast lane entrance! This reduces the queuing at the Festivalpark entrance on Thursday to a minimum.

So if you arrive on the Wednesday, you can get your wristband from The Hive or Hive Resort

I stand corrected. We got wristbanded on the Wednesday last year and the fastlane queue was actually slower and longer than those going in normal gates

33 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

+ 10-15 min walk ;)

I will die carrying my bags. :notfair:

It's been easy until now... no train ticket to give you a hard time, no wristbands to think about (I totally forgot we gotta get those also), and no rain in sight. 

Getting back to the happy jumpy mood: it's getting closer!! :girlwitch:

20 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

It's been easy until now... no train ticket to give you a hard time, no wristbands to think about (I totally forgot we gotta get those also), and no rain in sight. 

Then take fewer bags B)

4 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

This is my first time attending and am travelling there from Canada.  I see lots of people talking about bringing cans of beer with them to the Hive.  I am wondering what people suggest for this and keeping them cold for the weekend-would I need to buy a cooler and ice in Leuven and hope that this keeps them cold for 4 days?  Or is it better to just bring liquor.  Thanks!

I'm wondering about this too. At festivals in the US, I buy dry ice for the weekend, but I'm not sure how accessible/affordable it is in Leuven, or even Brussels?  Anyone know of places you can buy dry ice near the festival?

Edited by duhud14

8 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Then take fewer bags B)

Brilliant idea, as i like to say: great minds think alike.

However, I'm still pondering about how to pack extra light for a 10 days, 1 festival, 2 countries adventure. :ph34r:

Just now, Gray Owl said:

Brilliant idea, as i like to say: great minds think alike.

However, I'm still pondering about how to pack extra light for a 10 days, 1 festival, 2 countries adventure. :ph34r:

11 days and 3 countries for me and I'll only bring carry on on my flight ;) ...but the difference is that I'm staying at a hotel with a laundry room, no camping ;) 

8 hours ago, Gray Owl said:

Where are you checking the weather? Last I saw it looked iffy at best. 

8 hours ago, Gossard said:

11 days and 3 countries for me and I'll only bring carry on on my flight ;) ...but the difference is that I'm staying at a hotel with a laundry room, no camping ;) 

Yea, this year it's camping for me and no time to wash things afterwards. And I'm on holiday, I don't wanna wash anything. :))

52 minutes ago, Ryann said:

Where are you checking the weather? Last I saw it looked iffy at best. 

Well, I'm usually looking on Accuweather and this is what it shows at the moment.

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

Hmmm...

Could be a lot better, but could also be a lot worse.

Bit of a piss take it's "beautiful sunshine" the week before AND after. But hey.

Werchter Weather 220617.png

Yeah bit shit that. But I'm from Wales, so 'a little rain' is a vast improvement on what I'm used to! 

5 hours ago, LMW91 said:

Yeah bit shit that. But I'm from Wales, so 'a little rain' is a vast improvement on what I'm used to! 

Dont believe that site  - its absolutely CRAP at weather predictions anyway Just check BBC the day before you travel!

7 hours ago, thetechi said:

Hmmm...

Could be a lot better, but could also be a lot worse.

Bit of a piss take it's "beautiful sunshine" the week before AND after. But hey.

Werchter Weather 220617.png

I got married recently. All forecasts in advance and on the day were for heavy downpours and storms. What did we get? Beautiful sunshine. 

Non of them are that accurate, but especially anything beyond two days in advance. 

Hey everyone,

i am going to Rock Werchter for the first time and looking forward to listen to all the great bands.

Anyone knowing whether dry ice is allowed on the hive campsite or not? If not, what is your method of choice for cooling drinks except for buying fresh ones at the bar?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

15 hours ago, Boykaar said:

Hey everyone,

i am going to Rock Werchter for the first time and looking forward to listen to all the great bands.

Anyone knowing whether dry ice is allowed on the hive campsite or not? If not, what is your method of choice for cooling drinks except for buying fresh ones at the bar?

According to this tweet it's not:

My method is to drink warm beer :lol:

Edited by eoind

15 hours ago, Boykaar said:

Hey everyone,

Do you know of a place near the festival where dry ice is sold?

20 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

Dont believe that site  - its absolutely CRAP at weather predictions anyway Just check BBC the day before you travel!

I'm coming from Wales as well!!! After all the sun we've had recently I wouldn't mind rain if it stays in the 20C's heat wise haha

2 hours ago, eoind said:

Hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a shop to buy beers in the campsite and if it's cheap?

I'd prefer to not break my back carrying in my weight in beer! :lol:

Cheers!

I would also like to know this. I'm used to going to Download in the UK, and there is a supermarket and off licence in the Village (their version of the Hive I assume...?), is there something similar at RW?