Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, LMW91 said:

Hi guys & girls!

I actually can't believe the festival is only 9 days away now!

A quick alcohol-related question. What is the range of alcohol they serve at the festival? Do they have any ciders (preferably fruit ciders) or is it just beer & spirits?

Thanks!

On the normal drink stalls you can get Jupiler and Hoegaarden Rosé (fruit beer). There are wine stalls and new for now is the APERO.
More information you can find here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/food/new-apero
I don't see any ciders but I can be wrong. Belgians prefer real beer :) 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, micvet said:

On the normal drink stalls you can get Jupiler and Hoegaarden Rosé (fruit beer). There are wine stalls and new for now is the APERO.
More information you can find here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/food/new-apero
I don't see any ciders but I can be wrong. Belgians prefer real beer :) 

I may be forced to convert to a beer drinker then! 

Thanks for the reply. 

Does anyone know if you can pay with card at the supermarkets in Leuven? 

2 hours ago, LMW91 said:

I may be forced to convert to a beer drinker then! 

Thanks for the reply. 

Does anyone know if you can pay with card at the supermarkets in Leuven? 

Every supermarket in Belgium has bancontact/maestro (beside of some nightshops).

Hey all,

Been a while since posting! Dissapointed with Kaleo pulling out as they were one of the bands i really wanted to see but ah well!

Quick question in regards to alcohol. This is my 3rd RW but havent been for a few years. I seem to remember you were able to take alcohol into the campsite as long as it was not in a glass bottle and that there was no limits (well at least not a limit that would stop anyone other than a small shop from entering). Is that still true? Have been looking on their site, but they onloy seem to be good at advertising that you can buy drinks in the hive!

Cheers!

32 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

Hey all,

Been a while since posting! Dissapointed with Kaleo pulling out as they were one of the bands i really wanted to see but ah well!

Quick question in regards to alcohol. This is my 3rd RW but havent been for a few years. I seem to remember you were able to take alcohol into the campsite as long as it was not in a glass bottle and that there was no limits (well at least not a limit that would stop anyone other than a small shop from entering). Is that still true? Have been looking on their site, but they onloy seem to be good at advertising that you can buy drinks in the hive!

Cheers!

As far as I'm aware, they can take booze off you if you have more than appropriate for "personal consumption" but I have never known that happen. Seen people literally taking in wheelbarrows of Jupiler before so I''m sure you'll be fine! Haha

32 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

Hey all,

Cheers!

My friend has been to Werchter many times and has said this is correct.

Although with the 'extra security' this year I'm guessing it could change but have seen no word as yet. 

Just to clarify here as well, is it the same system as PKP where you go to the main festival gate and you are ID'd and then given both camping and festival wristbands or is it you go to two different ones?

We spent roughly two hours last year queuing at PKP with not a lot of info so would like to avoid the same at RW.

1 minute ago, SilverLining said:

Just to clarify here as well, is it the same system as PKP where you go to the main festival gate and you are ID'd and then given both camping and festival wristbands or is it you go to two different ones?

We spent roughly two hours last year queuing at PKP with not a lot of info so would like to avoid the same at RW.

If i'm not mistaken, if you're in the Hive you'll get both your festival & camping wristbands at the campsite. Can't vouch for the other official campsites but I would imagine it's the same

15 minutes ago, McCallion said:

If i'm not mistaken, if you're in the Hive you'll get both your festival & camping wristbands at the campsite. Can't vouch for the other official campsites but I would imagine it's the same

perfect! thanks a bunch, realised by the time we get to the site it may be really quite late so helps a bunch

Yeah its really unbelievable, since march it has been verry good weather, with almost no rain what so ever over the entire period.

Right now as we speak it is 33C, if i look at the forecast, all i see is rain and 19-20C daytime for the 4 Days of Werchter.

I also hope that this will change. Talk about Belgium weather.......It sucks!

Edited by Brent3

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

Not sure if that's correct. You can certainly get your festival wristband in the hive resort on the wednesday night but don't think you can at hive camping

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Not sure if that's correct. You can certainly get your festival wristband in the hive resort on the wednesday night but don't think you can at hive camping

Just had a proper research, RW do an great job of hiding info on their website.

Campers with a camping The Hive ticket, a camping ticket for The Hive Resort or a camping ticket for The Hive Mobilhomes can already exchange their combi festival ticket for a combi festival bracelet on Wednesday, at the entrance of The Hive or The Hive Resort. Festivalgoers who already have their bracelet on their wrists, can use the fast lane entrance! This reduces the queuing at the Festivalpark entrance on Thursday to a minimum.

So if you arrive on the Wednesday, you can get your wristband from The Hive or Hive Resort

This is my first time attending and am travelling there from Canada.  I see lots of people talking about bringing cans of beer with them to the Hive.  I am wondering what people suggest for this and keeping them cold for the weekend-would I need to buy a cooler and ice in Leuven and hope that this keeps them cold for 4 days?  Or is it better to just bring liquor.  Thanks!

Hi, It will be my first Rock Werchter.

How many vouchers/coupons should I buy in advance?

Like for standard drinking beer and eating food inside of areal.

Can you buy something close to festival area which would be significantly more economic?

Or what are the main tips and hints for eating/drinking to not leave there your salary? :D

Thanks a lot and lets pray for good weather!!!

Starting to get really disappointed about the things you aren't allowed to take to Werchter (Really sorry to go on)...

Now it's emerged we cannot take gas stoves, of any kind, to the campsites.

What are people's experience of this?

Seems so weird, I have the tiniest stove that I literally use for boiling a kettle. It's contained, off the ground and has a safety cut off switch. Seems odd even something like this would be banned. 

** EDIT - I will add, I'm still super, super excited for Werchter. Just disappointed that one of the perks to festival camping is cooking bacon in the morning and being able to cook at camp if you run out of money etc.

Edited by thetechi

1 hour ago, Hammerfest said:

This is my first time attending and am travelling there from Canada.  I see lots of people talking about bringing cans of beer with them to the Hive.  I am wondering what people suggest for this and keeping them cold for the weekend-would I need to buy a cooler and ice in Leuven and hope that this keeps them cold for 4 days?  Or is it better to just bring liquor.  Thanks!

Usually stick them under your tent but last time I went to Werchter it was upwards of 30c so they were lukewarm majority of the weekend. I would just buy a couple of bottles of spirits from duty free and buy beer in the arena with tokens.

Also, what was peoples success bringing hip flasks into the arena last year? I've got a couple I would like to fill up and sneak in with me, 2014 it was just a tap on your front as you went in..

39 minutes ago, thetechi said:

Starting to get really disappointed about the things you aren't allowed to take to Werchter (Really sorry to go on)...

Seems so weird, I have the tiniest stove that I literally use for boiling a kettle. It's contained, off the ground and has a safety cut off switch. Seems odd even something like this would be banned. 

It annoyed me when they first put this rule in but the boiling water and microwaves in the Hive are more than adequate to make up for it!

9 minutes ago, Ryann said:

Also, what was peoples success bringing hip flasks into the arena last year? I've got a couple I would like to fill up and sneak in with me, 2014 it was just a tap on your front as you went in..

I wondered this but they have specified checked will be more stringent this year. 

(http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/at-the-festival-site#216)

38 minutes ago, thetechi said:

** EDIT - I will add, I'm still super, super excited for Werchter. Just disappointed that one of the perks to festival camping is cooking bacon in the morning and being able to cook at camp if you run out of money etc.

2014 I camped in the Hive and there was a barbecue that you could just cook your own meat on. That was very cost effective!

4 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

It annoyed me when they first put this rule in but the boiling water and microwaves in the Hive are more than adequate to make up for it!

1 minute ago, Ryann said:

2014 I camped in the Hive and there was a barbecue that you could just cook your own meat on. That was very cost effective!

Ah amazing, thank you so much you two.

Didn't see kettles are available in The Hive. 

Mind officially put at rest!!