Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Sent a tweet to RW asking how much craft beers at the Apero will be... 

When I was at Dour Festival they had a craft beer area selling beers in proper glass goblets that has to be returned on deposit of a token... 

So 2 tokens I would imagine it would be for a craft beer? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, duhud14 said:

Does anyone know if it's better to pick up camping supplies (no tent necessary, staying at hive resort) in Brussels before the train or after the train in Leuven?

Up to you really. Plenty places in Leuven and one just opposite the bus pick up point. 

Sorry if this has been asked before, but couldn't find it...

I've booked an 8m2 Hive - can anyone tell me if this is a 4x2m plot or just a guide size? The reason I ask is that originally I was going with my son, but now with my daughter (both adults!) and so would prefer to take 2 tents - and wondered if they'd fit on the plot. (they are 2x2.3m fresh and blacks).

thanks in advance.

Hi, 

It's my first time at Werchter - so not sure what to expect regarding conditions/weather. I currently only have wellies, but from reading the posts in this forum it seems this is not a popular/necessary choice of footwear for the festival. Should I invest in some new hiking boots before next week? 

Keep an eye on forecast day before you travel and pack accordingly. If it's decent dry weather trainers are fine . Was soaking last year and hiking boots were perfect but if I can get off with trainers only , that's all im packing 

I created these playlists based on average setlists from the past tours or the latest shows, when available, or the TOP 10 songs on Spotify, in case I couldn't get a setlist.

THURSDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/62PGsOrlC4lJ0pZNr5wb6t

FRIDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/1nacMIU0GMKqlYqWDuamIk

SATURDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/33COseC1Yyae4h2WnzWEcS

SUNDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/5Km7NGtKerOWvDAMqEslZp

35 minutes ago, luke_mullet said:

Hi,

Coming for the first time this year from England. We need to pick up tickets from the box office, what's the best way I should do this? We are driving so don't want to have to park somewhere then take our gear a long way to pick up tickets.

Thanks,

Luke

Are you camping in the Hive? The box office is right next to the Hive entrance IIRC.

Last time I went to Werchter i am pretty sure i got on a train from Brussels to Leuven and the same on the way back but the only thing i had with me was my ticket to Werchter, Perhaps through being unaware that's all i thought i needed.

Therefore i was going to do the same this year - now im reading that you need to register for train tickets using your festival tickets?  

How do i do this? Can anyone help?

Cheers everyone  - I've really enjoyed this forum and I can not wait until next week 

Stay Happy :D

22 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Last time I went to Werchter i am pretty sure i got on a train from Brussels to Leuven and the same on the way back but the only thing i had with me was my ticket to Werchter, Perhaps through being unaware that's all i thought i needed.

Therefore i was going to do the same this year - now im reading that you need to register for train tickets using your festival tickets?  

How do i do this? Can anyone help?

Cheers everyone  - I've really enjoyed this forum and I can not wait until next week 

Stay Happy :D

Follow this link : http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/how-to-get-there#178 where everything is explained; 

Your first get the code here www.ticketmaster.be/rw (you SAVE THE CODE, copy or do something to keep it)

Then you go there thetrain.be/rockwerchter  and you enter your information to book your trains, they'll ask you for the code you just saved, you enter it, you print tickets and it's done !

1 hour ago, luke_mullet said:

I have no idea where I am camping. I got the tickets through my work to be on collection.

It would be worth finding out where you're camping. If you're in The Hive, the car park is right next to the campsite entrance where there is a box office if i'm not mistaken. Most tickets are E-Tickets though so never actually had to go through the process myself

16 hours ago, pikeatheplace said:

I created these playlists based on average setlists from the past tours or the latest shows, when available, or the TOP 10 songs on Spotify, in case I couldn't get a setlist.

THURSDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/62PGsOrlC4lJ0pZNr5wb6t

FRIDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/1nacMIU0GMKqlYqWDuamIk

SATURDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/33COseC1Yyae4h2WnzWEcS

SUNDAY: https://open.spotify.com/user/12862994/playlist/5Km7NGtKerOWvDAMqEslZp

Yay! I'll definitely hit the play button when I get home. Thank you for sharing them! :P

Hi all, long time since I have posted here... wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone I simile situation to ourselves...

Attended Werchter last year with my girlfriend but waited too long to purchase our tickets this year and missed out.  Naively turned to the second hand ticket market last week and came across a guy calling himself Bas Hofland.  He provided us with ID and proof of purchase for tickets then promptly took off with €500 of our money.  Later found that the ID has been stolen and this guy has been fleecing people for money for a range of music festivals and sports events.  Has been reported to Belgian police but obviously feeling a bit stupid about it all just now!  So if you are in the secondary ticket market and come across a guy claiming to be Bas Hofland please don't be fooled into parting with money!! (If you could also tell him he's an arsehole from me that'd be great!)

To those of you with tickets...enjoy! And if anyone knows of any legit tickets for sale please let me know!

Hi guys & girls!

I actually can't believe the festival is only 9 days away now!

A quick alcohol-related question. What is the range of alcohol they serve at the festival? Do they have any ciders (preferably fruit ciders) or is it just beer & spirits?

Thanks!

I have a question regarding the front of the crowd at the main stage.

To get to the front do you need to get in the arena area first thing and get a special wristband? Or do you queue down there for each band to get to the front barriers? 

Thanks if you can help me out :)

5 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Follow this link : http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/practical-info/how-to-get-there#178 where everything is explained; 

Your first get the code here www.ticketmaster.be/rw (you SAVE THE CODE, copy or do something to keep it)

Then you go there thetrain.be/rockwerchter  and you enter your information to book your trains, they'll ask you for the code you just saved, you enter it, you print tickets and it's done !

You Sir, are a legend, Thank you

Yo ladies and gentlemen, first time I've been to RW for 10 years and I have a couple of q's if anyone could answer them I'll be forever in your debt!

What is the food like for vegetarians? Some festivals are really bad, I'm hoping to survive on something more than chips and falafel!

Also, how long should we expect the car journey from Brussels to the festival car park to take on the Monday morning? 

Cheeeeers

49 minutes ago, Tom Penarth said:

I have a question regarding the front of the crowd at the main stage.

To get to the front do you need to get in the arena area first thing and get a special wristband? Or do you queue down there for each band to get to the front barriers? 

Thanks if you can help me out :)

Anyone can go to the front of the main stage. You don't need a special ticket or wristband.
There are gates to go to the front and the capacity of that area is limited. Full is full. If there is a red cross sign you can't get in and have to wait till people get out of the area. Enjoy RW!

44 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

Yo ladies and gentlemen, first time I've been to RW for 10 years and I have a couple of q's if anyone could answer them I'll be forever in your debt!

What is the food like for vegetarians? Some festivals are really bad, I'm hoping to survive on something more than chips and falafel!

Also, how long should we expect the car journey from Brussels to the festival car park to take on the Monday morning? 

Cheeeeers

Beside of the chips and falafel there are some alternatives: pizza without meat, azian food, fruit, sandwich with chees/vegetables, wraps,... My first RW as a vegetarian was 1994 and i'm still alive. It gets better every year :)  Enjoy RW!