Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for Slowdive, The Jesus and Mary Chain and/or Ride throughout all of the lineup announcements so this is great news. I saw Slowdive open up their North American tour a few months ago and they were fantastic. I also had no interest in Kaleo so this is great news.  

On 2017-6-7 at 4:56 AM, duhud14 said:

I am coming over June 17th. Going to do a bit of traveling before the festival. Would really appreciate it if you could keep me informed. Thanks!

We gonna have a hot and sunny week again.  April, May and June have never been so dry since 1976 so I think you can let your boots at home ;)  Have a nice flight and enjoy Europe, RW and Belgium!

14 hours ago, micvet said:

We gonna have a hot and sunny week again.  April, May and June have never been so dry since 1976 so I think you can let your boots at home ;)  Have a nice flight and enjoy Europe, RW and Belgium!

Unfortunately the indicators are not that optimistic :/ but it's too early to know ;) I hope it will evolve quickly http://www.accuweather.com/fr/be/werchter/31687/daily-weather-forecast/31687?day=11

Just saw the Foo Fighters last night here in Iceland. They Played a short set, only hour and a half, but they were very energetic. The set contained a mix of the classics and three live debuts, all of witch were great. Lah Di Da especially, It sounded so much like a classic Foo Fighters song that I actually thought at first that I'd heard that song before.... 
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2017/laugardalur-park-reykjavik-iceland-23e4a87b.html

At one point during the show Dave introduced a new drummer, the 2nd generation of Grohl. His daughter Harper Grohl came out and sat behind the drums, her live debut I believe :) It was a sweet moment :)

Anyway, I can't wait to see them again in two weeks and play a lot longer set. We're in for a treat :) 

2017-06-16 22.34.56.jpg

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Unfortunately the indicators are not that optimistic :/ but it's too early to know ;) I hope it will evolve quickly http://www.accuweather.com/fr/be/werchter/31687/daily-weather-forecast/31687?day=11

I meant that upcoming week would be hot and dry again. They already leave Today so I gave them the latest weather forecast. There is always a chance that it will rain during RW but a real mud edition like last year will (normaly) not happen. So they can let their wellies at home :)

1 hour ago, micvet said:

I meant that upcoming week would be hot and dry again. They already leave Today so I gave them the latest weather forecast. There is always a chance that it will rain during RW but a real mud edition like last year will (normaly) not happen. So they can let their wellies at home :)

thank you both.  hoping for no rain, but i think we'll be ok with a little rain and no wellies. (not like RW last year or typical glasto) thanks!

So, KoL had a show here in Bucharest last night. I myself did not attend as I'll see them in 1.5 weeks anyway, but everyone whom I know and was there said it was good. I saw some videos and also listened to some audio material from a friend and I liked it. I figure that a festival show is not the same as a stand alone one, but that got me more excited about seeing them. :)

Now, in regards to rain... I ain't worried about Sandy (my tent) cause he's been through a couple of storms so I trust he can handle it. My worry is that we're not taking any wellies with us and I don't like to go around with wet and cold feet... in case we'll need them is there anywhere in Leuven we can get any?

3 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

So, KoL had a show here in Bucharest last night. I myself did not attend as I'll see them in 1.5 weeks anyway, but everyone whom I know and was there said it was good. I saw some videos and also listened to some audio material from a friend and I liked it. I figure that a festival show is not the same as a stand alone one, but that got me more excited about seeing them. :)

Now, in regards to rain... I ain't worried about Sandy (my tent) cause he's been through a couple of storms so I trust he can handle it. My worry is that we're not taking any wellies with us and I don't like to go around with wet and cold feet... in case we'll need them is there anywhere in Leuven we can get any?

Did they play Slow Night, So Long ? :) Glad to hear it was good, last I saw them I loved it, and my festival team love them too! I can't help you for the wellies :/  I hope Sandy will have a good time !! The Hive is a beautiful neighbourhood (as Eddie Vedder said in 2014) and I'm sure he will enjoy the other campsites too ! I'm happy to see I'm not the only festival buddy to bring non-human friends... Here is Philippe The Unicorn (that my friends offered me for my 23rd birthday), the superstar of our camp !

philippe.jpg

44 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Did they play Slow Night, So Long ? :) Glad to hear it was good, last I saw them I loved it, and my festival team love them too! I can't help you for the wellies :/  I hope Sandy will have a good time !! The Hive is a beautiful neighbourhood (as Eddie Vedder said in 2014) and I'm sure he will enjoy the other campsites too ! I'm happy to see I'm not the only festival buddy to bring non-human friends... Here is Philippe The Unicorn (that my friends offered me for my 23rd birthday), the superstar of our camp !

philippe.jpg

Yes, I found the setlist on setlist.fm and they did play it. Haha, nice to meet Philippe The Unicorn! He's amazing. We'll have our little mascot also: Pax, the travelling fox. He's the character of a book I read recently and comes from a bookstore in Berlin. He already went to two concerts until now and will be present at Werchter also.

Screenshot from 2017-06-18 22:04:31.png

Edited by Gray Owl

26 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Yes, I found the setlist on setlist.fm and they did play it. Haha, nice to meet Philippe The Unicorn! He's amazing. We'll have our little mascot also: Pax, the travelling fox. He's the character of a book I read recently and comes from a bookstore in Berlin. He already went to two concerts until now and will be present at Werchter also.

Screenshot from 2017-06-18 22:04:31.png

Cheers to Pax !! He looks handsome ! What does the fox say ?!

Hello all.  I'm new to the festival game and wondering if there will be scalpers outside of the festival selling day tickets?  I've been trying on Ticket Swap for a couple months now, but for whatever reason, my ability to be the first one to buy said tickets is non existent.  I get it, that Saturday lineup is stacked. 

If I'm unable to get tickets, it'll be a disappointment, but I'm sure there will be other events/things to do in Europe for a first time visitor.  

6 minutes ago, thetechi said:

Reading this information http://www.rockwerchter.be/frontend/files/userfiles/files/RW17-infocontroles-EN.pdf

SO surprised at some of the items not allowed in?

Water bottles? Folding chairs?

I mean, I get that security has to be tight but think it's a shame they're cracking down quite so much.

Yes eversince that attack at the airport they don't take any chances. In case of hot weather water will probably be free (or cheaper).

Just now, Brent3 said:

Yes eversince that attack at the airport they don't take any chances. In case of hot weather water will probably be free (or cheaper).

I very much hope so - the only festival I've ever been to where you can't take water in and then have to pay £3.50 a bottle is Reading, an experience I hope to forget :lol: