Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

22 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Will be seeing Foos this weekend (along wit The Prodigy, Richard Ashcroft and others) at Secret Solstice here in Iceland. Can't wait for a little preview before Rock Werchter :D  

Be sure to post a review next week 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

Sorry if it has been asked before, but how far is the supermarket from the campsite?

Is it realistic that you can go daily to get supplies?

I´m in the A1 campsite.

The Delhaize supermarket in the centre of Haacht (Markt 1, Haacht) is quiet big. From the entrance of RW you walk +/- 3,7km. From A1 campsite it will be around 3km. It's a loooong way back by foot when +25°C on day 3 and 4 ;) 

15 hours ago, Red Day said:

Unless we are the same person it was my tweet :lol:

Maybe they replied to both with same answer, thinking we better put these jakeys out of their misery

Haha, tried to find some other people asking about it before I tweeted. Copy and paste job response from them then :P

Updates on 'The Slope':

The new picture confirms it will be in the area with all the picnic tables (with view on the 2 tents).

I also read a small article about it in the newspaper. The slope will actually consist of 2 seperate slopes where you can just relax and eat something. They will be connected with some sort of bridge which you can't walk on but it will create some shade underneath. I always thought there wasn't enough shade on the Werchter site so I'm happy with this :)

1 hour ago, micvet said:

The Delhaize supermarket in the centre of Haacht (Markt 1, Haacht) is quiet big. From the entrance of RW you walk +/- 3,7km. From A1 campsite it will be around 3km. It's a loooong way back by foot when +25°C on day 3 and 4 ;) 

haha, I hear you! So in terms of anything you want to bring into the campsite (eg beverages, tinned food, crisps and dips etc), should be purchased before arriving?

1 minute ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

haha, I hear you! So in terms of anything you want to bring into the campsite (eg beverages, tinned food, crisps and dips etc), should be purchased before arriving?

I tend to get my stuff from Leuven on my way in (or after i've got the tent set up) and that lasts me for the weekend. It's a bit of a treck when you've got to walk to Haacht and back in the morning before walking back to the festival ;)

18 minutes ago, PopsiclesandCrisps said:

I do not know your sporting skills after a party night. But every day that distance for fresh food, not me :)
Try to shop in Leuven before you take the shuttle or go to Haacht on the 1st day and buy enough for a few days.
Alternative: make some friends with a bike :)

21 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

Hey everyone, can't believe we are just two weeks away!  Just wondering who your hidden gems of the festival are-maybe those artists/bands you didn't necessarily know before seeing them listed in the lineup and that you are now excited to see!

For me it is Declan Mckenna and Crystal Fighters :)

Savages, Cigarettes After Sex and Thurston Moore. Not sure if I'd consider all of those hidden gems but they are all low on the poster and playing early.

Just now, BlockRockinBeats said:

Medical reasons. Unfortunate, was looking forward to seeing them, but obviously understandable. Possible longer set for Rateliffe? 

I'd love it; I just messaged em to ask for Frank Turner :P (rock'n'roll to replace rock'n'roll)

1 minute ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

I'd piss myself with excitement. Won't get my hopes up.

strange cancellations though aren't they? Quite sporadic and inconsistent. 

They don't say what the diagnosis is yes... It reminds me of when Ben Howard cancelled and played his show at Glastonbuiry (wtf), but thanks to this cancellation I discovered the amazing Cat Empire :) Let's see if they replace em; in my opinion the best/easy thing to do would be to switch Future Islands on main stage !

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

They don't say what the diagnosis is yes... It reminds me of when Ben Howard cancelled and played his show at Glastonbuiry (wtf), but thanks to this cancellation I discovered the amazing Cat Empire :) Let's see if they replace em; in my opinion the best/easy thing to do would be to switch Future Islands on main stage !

they will replace, just not sure like for like. As you say might get in a smaller act for a tent, and move another onto main stage. 

I'm not a big Ben Howard fan, so wasn't that bothered, but I did think that was shady. 

Edited by BlockRockinBeats

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Impressive replacement for Kaleo. Well done RW!

I hope Kaleo will play next year.

Totally agree !! I was afraid of a shitty pop replacement, and Kaleo are very very good on stage and they keep improving their performance, so it was hard to find a good replacement, I secretly expected Highly Suspect, but I didn't expect a so experienced band !! Yes yes yes