Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brent3 said:

After all whats a festival if you can't bring beer cans to the camping? haha :)

It's a Solidays Festival :P (when we go there we launch bottles over the fence in a secret place)

6 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Great, thanks... I'm sure we'll buy some and try, seems strange they wouldn't let you but we will have to see.

Yes I think that's what we're going for, we land at Charleroi at 10:15 so the 10:24 is probably a bit ambitious. But the 10:54 gets us to Leuven at 12:25, so should have a bit of time in Leuven to look around/pick anything up we need to.

The 10:54 train is still too ambitious for Charleroi if you land at 10:15 imo.
Getting out of the plane > Bus platform is at least 15 minutes
Waiting for the shuttle to Charleroi station (10h53)
You already missed the 10:54 now
Shuttle transport Airport to Charleroi railway station takes +/- 20 minutes

47 minutes ago, micvet said:

The 10:54 train is still too ambitious for Charleroi if you land at 10:15 imo.
Getting out of the plane > Bus platform is at least 15 minutes
Waiting for the shuttle to Charleroi station (10h53)
You already missed the 10:54 now
Shuttle transport Airport to Charleroi railway station takes +/- 20 minutes

Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up! They're every 30 minutes anyway so failing that there's a 11:24. I haven't looked into booking train tickets yet as I'm waiting on a friend to book his flights who's coming late, do I need to specify actual journeys?

So I need to get a bus from airport to Charleroi Station... then a train to Brussel-Noord and then to Leuven. What will we have to pay for then, does the train ticket cover both of the trains we're going to be getting on, or will we have to pay from Brussel-Noord to Leuven? I'm guessing this can all be paid on the day anyway?..

30 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up! They're every 30 minutes anyway so failing that there's a 11:24. I haven't looked into booking train tickets yet as I'm waiting on a friend to book his flights who's coming late, do I need to specify actual journeys?

So I need to get a bus from airport to Charleroi Station... then a train to Brussel-Noord and then to Leuven. What will we have to pay for then, does the train ticket cover both of the trains we're going to be getting on, or will we have to pay from Brussel-Noord to Leuven? I'm guessing this can all be paid on the day anyway?..

You have to take the bus from Charleroi Airport to Charleroi railway station (i think it's Charleroi Sud).
Last time the shuttle was +/- 6 € If i'm right. In the early days it was free, but i'm not sure about the current price.
Your free RW train ticket gets you from any Belgian railway station to Leuven, even if you have to take 2 or 3 trains. And get you back from Leuven to Charleroi. So you don't have to pay anything with that RW train ticket from Charleroi railway station till Leuven and back. The shuttle from Leuven to RW is free.

Only if you will travel to Brussels airport there is an extra diabolo fee.

2 hours ago, micvet said:

You have to take the bus from Charleroi Airport to Charleroi railway station (i think it's Charleroi Sud).
Last time the shuttle was +/- 6 € If i'm right. In the early days it was free, but i'm not sure about the current price.
Your free RW train ticket gets you from any Belgian railway station to Leuven, even if you have to take 2 or 3 trains. And get you back from Leuven to Charleroi. So you don't have to pay anything with that RW train ticket from Charleroi railway station till Leuven and back. The shuttle from Leuven to RW is free.

Only if you will travel to Brussels airport there is an extra diabolo fee.

Great, thank you! Really appreciate the advice, I've been tasked with organising the whole thing and you've all made it a lot easier :lol:.

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

....ahh, I see now it's a photoshoped picture ;)

It will take place in different phases.
The road around the NWW area is already done. Later on in 2017 they will start with the trees around the NNW area. Etc...
One day, it will be like this. Maybe :)

18 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

In here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/conditions-of-sale

Little bit odd if you ask me. Seems really strict!

Pretty sure this is just for the arena part of the festival site - they also say you can't bring plastic bottles and alcohol under this list which would make for a pretty poor festival! Cans aren't on the prohibited list for the campsite section at any rate.

2 weeks until we set off for our 10th Werchter in a row. Can't wait :-D

Hi guys, I have managed to book a hostel in Leuven, so now I'm selling one Hive ticket. Please pm if you're interested. Not able to sell through Ticketswap, because my russian bank doesn't have IBAN :/

Edited by Kiyatu

Hey everyone, can't believe we are just two weeks away!  Just wondering who your hidden gems of the festival are-maybe those artists/bands you didn't necessarily know before seeing them listed in the lineup and that you are now excited to see!

For me it is Declan Mckenna and Crystal Fighters :)

17 minutes ago, Hammerfest said:

Hey everyone, can't believe we are just two weeks away!  Just wondering who your hidden gems of the festival are-maybe those artists/bands you didn't necessarily know before seeing them listed in the lineup and that you are now excited to see!

Not too many hidden gems for me personally. For some of the foreigners coming to RW who don't know the Belgian bands, definitely check them out! Tout Va Bien, Coely, Vuurwerk, Warhaus, Oscar & The Wolf, J. Bernardt and Soulwax are definitely worth a listen in my opinion :)

Quick question: My friends and I have combi tickets but can't make it for the first few days. Will we be able to trade in the ticket for a wristband on the Saturday and still catch the last two days? Or do we need to turn up on the Wed/Thurs to use the tickets? Same thing with the hive tickets....

Edited by SDNL

29 minutes ago, SDNL said:

Quick question: My friends and I have combi tickets but can't make it for the first few days. Will we be able to trade in the ticket for a wristband on the Saturday and still catch the last two days? Or do we need to turn up on the Wed/Thurs to use the tickets? Same thing with the hive tickets....

Doesn't matter when you arrive, with your combi ticket you can enter all days :) 

1 hour ago, Hammerfest said:

I love Whitney :) (I knew approximately all the other bands except th Belgian ones, so Whitney is the big discovery this year, and my all time best discoveries at Rock Werchter are The Cat Empire and Reignwolf)

7 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Yeah that was my tweet, happy times :)

Unless we are the same person it was my tweet :lol:

Maybe they replied to both with same answer, thinking we better put these jakeys out of their misery