Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

On 5/16/2017 at 4:47 PM, McCallion said:

Where abouts in the Netherlands are you going from? You can get a bus from Amsterdam for 12 euro to Brussels

I am living in Arnhem currently that's why I figured maybe going to Antwerp from there is the cheapest but the one u suggested also sounds good!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, micvet said:

Mud editions like last year are very rare. The last 10 years I always wear my sneakers on RW. Only last year I had my boots on. May/June 2016 was full of rain. They saw the problems already early June 2016.
I do not expect that kind or problems this year as they had a realy dry period in May and last week. The RW area will have some (heavy) rain this week. It will also depend on the weather at TW Classic, the week before RW. An if the RW weekend is full of rain you always will have some mud.
When do come over? I can keep you informed.

I am coming over June 17th. Going to do a bit of traveling before the festival. Would really appreciate it if you could keep me informed. Thanks!

12 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I was talking about the division of last year:

• The Hive Camping
  • The Hive Resort (Teepee, Army Tent, Myspace etc).

Don't know this year if they will change something but Myspace was a package included in The Hive Resort. :) 

I think they have changed it this year because I wrote Rock Werchter on Facebook and they told me it is on the same area...so I guess we will just wait and see :-)

12 hours ago, thetechi said:

I take back everything I said, their Pinkpop performance was insane.

Since their start their shows depend on the crowd. If the crowd is good they are amazing, if it's not they are "just" good. Pinkpop had a lot of action in the front 

It is my first time at RW, travelling from Ireland to see Radiohead. I am quite eager to get into the pit for Radiohead, as the number of people would suggest that would be the best vantage point. From anyone that was there before, would you know would I have to be in the pit long before Radiohead to ensure getting in? Would it be a case that I should go in and stay in before James Blake (the act before Radiohead), or would I be OK getting in say an hour/ half hour before Radiohead? Maybe it is fine watching them outside of the pit, but I would like to make sure! Thanks very much. 

Edited by rorywaters@yahoo.ie

Just now, idioteque87 said:

Is the bus free from Leuven to the gig? Or do I need to book that too? I can't remember...

Free, just hop on the bus.

1 hour ago, rorywaters@yahoo.ie said:

It is my first time at RW, travelling from Ireland to see Radiohead. I am quite eager to get into the pit for Radiohead, as the number of people would suggest that would be the best vantage point. From anyone that was there before, would you know would I have to be in the pit long before Radiohead to ensure getting in? Would it be a case that I should go in and stay in before James Blake (the act before Radiohead), or would I be OK getting in say an hour/ half hour before Radiohead? Maybe it is fine watching them outside of the pit, but I would like to make sure! Thanks very much. 

It depends on how many will be/leave for James Blake. Im sure that you'll enter if you wait by the gates once JB finish his set.

2 hours ago, McCallion said:

Anyone know if theres any way to get the free train ticket returning to different stations (ie. on the way too the fest i'm going from Brussels Nord but will be returning to Charleroi Airport)

Not going this year, but I done it  previously.

27 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

First time going to RW. What does everyone recommend to do in terms of Food/Drink? I'm flying from UK so Ideally wouldn't want to bring too much with me. If there's a supermarket nearby that sells beer & snacks that would be great to know.

It's my first time over to Werchter for me but because I am staying in Leuven and done my research, there is a Colruyt supermarket in the centre that has a wide selection of food and drink, and particularly beer if that is of interest!

I know there is a Carrefour closer to the station where the shuttle buses leave also, but it will be slightly more expensive.

From the actual site, the people on this forum who have been many years can give you loads more info for supermarkets and shops.

I've been to Pukkelpop three times so I'm a first time Werchter goer. Can not wait! :lol: 

Edited by truly_mangled

There's Aldi's and the like in Leuven.  I think there's also a supermarket of sorts just outside the arena but I've not been and don't know what they have on sale.  Others on here should be able to advise.

On 6/5/2017 at 11:00 PM, micvet said:

If you fly to Charleroi airport the best and cheapest way is to take the bus Charleroi Airport -> Charleroi train station (about 20min). From Charleroi train station you can use the free train ticket to Leuven (and back). Avoid the Zaventem train station because of the extra Diabolo fee. Better meet up in Leuven and take the free shuttle to the festival/campsite togheter.
Charleroi -> Brussels by bus will be more expensive and will take too much time.

Enjoy the festival and the Belgian beer!

Thaaaank you! I'll sure investigate on this. I just figured that Google Maps can also help. In Germany it really got me untangled from a lot, dunno why it slipped my mind now. 

Anyway, thank you all for the tips. :)